Movies & TV Last movie you watched?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody foxtel meant to give me 2 free box office movies a month.Went to watch one last night $5.50:rolleyes: its a trap.

In fact I recently canned the movies package once Showcase was switched into Drama.

what do both of you pay for foxtel a month?

if i could get a movie and sports package for under $20 a month i would seriously consider it.

What do you think of it? I just finished watching Season 2 (at only 6 episodes a season it is pretty short).
I've only just watched the first 2 eps of season 1 so I haven't formed a proper opinion yet. So far the character casting is spot on, the costumes and setting is great but I have yet to discover the significance of the haircuts.

The basic pack is 25 amonth no movies or footy.
The sports pack plus other shows no movies is 50 amonth.

in an ideal world i would only pay for espn, fox footy, soho and maybe movies...maybe wait til feb and give them a call and see what they can do.

Unsure what we pay i got a deal though the devil.

:D

I've only just watched the first 2 eps of season 1 so I haven't formed a proper opinion yet. So far the character casting is spot on, the costumes and setting is great but I have yet to discover the significance of the haircuts.
Do you like Tom Hardy?

If yes, make sure you get through to Season 2 as he is it.

Noah Taylor as well.

Cillian Murphy is brilliant in it - someone needs to make an Oasis film, he'd be perfect as Liam Gallagher.

what do both of you pay for foxtel a month?

if i could get a movie and sports package for under $20 a month i would seriously consider it.
I still pay way too much for it but have every package except Movies.

You won't get it for under $20 a month as the start-up is $25 a month (without sport and movies).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't watched past the first 5 eps despite everyone else telling me to keep on watching it.

I am not English but I will check out The Tudors to see what it's like. ATM I am watching Peaky Blinders, it is an English gangster style TV show set just after the 1st World War.
Ok, if you can't get into GoT you may not like Tudors either. Gr8 to know that you are also a reader tho. :thumbsu:

Always looking for new material so will check out PB thanks..

I figured it out, thanks for the links. Will check it out. :thumbsu:

See, I think being in NSW and not getting to any games it'd be worth joining up to watch our games at home rather than the pub (where I spend too much $ anyway).
Day of DVD release sounds good-thought I may be waiting weeks after. You're probably not much of a mainstream movie watcher though hey!
In Qld so I want the Sports channel badly but think I'll wait till the Nab Cup as rocker_oz33 suggested and see if they have a deal I'll b happy with.

In Qld so I want the Sports channel badly but think I'll wait till the Nab Cup as rocker_oz33 suggested and see if they have a deal I'll b happy with.
That is a good idea to wait until the Nab cup-if I get it now it'll be couch potato Karen over the holidays.

I had a quick look at the links from Rocker, seems there's a lot more included in the basic packages nowdays, and they also seem to be dropping their prices. We may be in luck. :thumbsu:

No doubt they will have deals on, just depends if it suits your needs. The 1 on now is a lot of channels starting @ $25 but it isn't what I want.. lucky I'm patient :)

me too...also i posted previously, really only want foxfooty and espn.

there is also a foxtel thread on the media board and people tell tales (how truthful they are is another question) on the deals they have got by playing hardball over the phone.

me too...also i posted previously, really only want foxfooty and espn.

there is also a foxtel thread on the media board and people tell tales (how truthful they are is another question) on the deals they have got by playing hardball over the phone.
Go buy a tv. an apple tv. and subscribe to whatever american sport you want.
Buy the cats digital pass. Use that new phone you hate, and stream to your tv.

You're done.

About $120 a year.

Go buy a tv. an apple tv. and subscribe to whatever american sport you want.
Buy the cats digital pass. Use that new phone you hate, and stream to your tv.

You're done.

About $120 a year.

nba league pass is $100 plus, if i get on another countries proxy.

i go to most games in melbourne, i would want foxfooty to watch other games or shows the televise.

most importantly, my "new" phone is actually an iphone 3, it can hardly handle current apps as it is.

Saw Interstellar yesterday afternoon. Solid movie, kind of a what if humans had to move from Earth movie, but I think you would have to be interested in Science (particularly Physics) to properly enjoy the movie.

It does go for 3 hours which is quite lengthy but it didn't answer all the questions the movie posed which frustrated me. Plenty of feel moments, the music at times was a little overwhelming and the locations were amazing, absolutely beautiful.

The girl who played Murphy did a fantastic job, as did Bill Irwin as the voice actor of TARS and Anne Hathaway played a role that was very different to her normal roles which I think added a new dimension to her work.

All in all I'd say it was an 8/10 movie with the ending slightly confusing and yet intriguing at the same time.
I saw Interstellar during the week also.

What I liked-the quantum physics theories were pretty cool, if not a bit far fetched at times (eg, the ice clouds on the planet they traveled to wouldn't be possible because gravity would surely cause them to fall, and I doubt whether a planet could exist so close to a black hole-where would the sunlight come from?). The worm holes, black holes, bending of space-time and the depictions of space were amazing though.

What I didn't like-Matthew McConaughey. Thought he was a bit lame as Cooper. For a guy who's supposedly a top engineer and pilot, his mumbling acting performance was too similar to his character on True Detective.

Not sure about-the ending. Was a bit too unrealistic.

Not in the league of classic space movies such as 2001 A Space Odyssey, but enjoyable nonetheless. 7/10 from me. :thumbsu:

Edit-forgot to mention, BlitzenTrapper if you like Billy Bob Thornton, he's excellent in Sling Blade. Well worth watching if you haven't seen it. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Memo to self-go back to school and learn some physics if I ever feel inclined to go and see Interstellar. :$

I went to see Horrible Bosses 2 with a girlfriend today. Was a bit of a mindless flick, with not very funny jokes and an ordinary plot. Probably wouldnt recommend it, unless you really enjoyed the original.

They did show a preview for a new Russell Crowe movie-think it was called The Water Diviner. That looked pretty good. (Don't think I've ever seen a Russell Crowe movie :$)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back