Movies & TV Last movie you watched?

Remove this Banner Ad

Memo to self-go back to school and learn some physics if I ever feel inclined to go and see Interstellar. :$

I went to see Horrible Bosses 2 with a girlfriend today. Was a bit of a mindless flick, with not very funny jokes and an ordinary plot. Probably wouldnt recommend it, unless you really enjoyed the original.

They did show a preview for a new Russell Crowe movie-think it was called The Water Diviner. That looked pretty good. (Don't think I've ever seen a Russell Crowe movie :$)
You might find it worthwhile to see a Rusty flick Karen, he is imo, 1 of the best actors Oz has produced.

You might find it worthwhile to see a Rusty flick Karen, he is imo, 1 of the best actors Oz has produced.
He looked excellent in the preview I saw. Couldn't believe I hadn't seen any of his films-not even Galdiator.

Will definitely watch some over the holidays. :thumbsu:

I went to see Horrible Bosses 2 with a girlfriend today. Was a bit of a mindless flick, with not very funny jokes and an ordinary plot. Probably wouldnt recommend it, unless you really enjoyed the original.
The original was okay but how the hell did they get a sequel out of it ?

Horrible Bosses 2.

Except for a couple of genuine LOL moments, it was, like the title, truly horrible.

Wished prison or death or worse upon the main characters by the end. Dont make another one Hollywood ffs. And how Academy award winners agreed to be in this s**t, I'll never know either..
I cried when it was over, not because of any sad ending, but because I wasted 2 hours watching it! Best bits;
-previews beforehand (but I love movie previews, could watch 20)
-new flavour choc top (coconut cherry choc-very nice)

Ended up re-watching some US Bachelor eps when I got home to get some value out of the day. :)

how many movies do you movies do you ppl watch a month? i only watch about the 1 but at least it cuts out average films.
I watch about 10-at least half would be a bit junk.
What's the last movie you watched FTW?

I saw Interstellar during the week also.

What I liked-the quantum physics theories were pretty cool, if not a bit far fetched at times (eg, the ice clouds on the planet they traveled to wouldn't be possible because gravity would surely cause them to fall, and I doubt whether a planet could exist so close to a black hole-where would the sunlight come from?). The worm holes, black holes, bending of space-time and the depictions of space were amazing though.

What I didn't like-Matthew McConaughey. Thought he was a bit lame as Cooper. For a guy who's supposedly a top engineer and pilot, his mumbling acting performance was too similar to his character on True Detective.

Not sure about-the ending. Was a bit too unrealistic.

Not in the league of classic space movies such as 2001 A Space Odyssey, but enjoyable nonetheless. 7/10 from me. :thumbsu:

Edit-forgot to mention, BlitzenTrapper if you like Billy Bob Thornton, he's excellent in Sling Blade. Well worth watching if you haven't seen it. :thumbsu:
I saw that Interstellar was the only movie in the top 10 highest grossing I haven't seen so I got it a week ago and haven't touched it. But thanks now I will tonight.

I cried when it was over, not because of any sad ending, but because I wasted 2 hours watching it! Best bits;
-previews beforehand (but I love movie previews, could watch 20)
-new flavour choc top (coconut cherry choc-very nice)
?

Lol, it didnt evoke such a strong reaction from me. I never eat choc tops in a cinema, big no no, always ends up down the front of me. Popcorn and frozen coke FTW.

Yeah as for the movie the 3 main characters were the problem in the end imo. They just came across as whiny little bitches who you had zero empathy or sympathy for, its just like "**** off and DIE you asses".

Jamie Fox was probably the best one out of the lotta them.

Also the train scene went on way too long. Yeah we get it, it's a long train, just get on with it ffs.

Lol, it didnt evoke such a strong reaction from me. I never eat choc tops in a cinema, big no no, always ends up down the front of me. Popcorn and frozen coke FTW.

Yeah as for the movie the 3 main characters were the problem in the end imo. They just came across as whiny little bitches who you had zero empathy or sympathy for, its just like "**** off and DIE you asses".

Jamie Fox was probably the best one out of the lotta them.

Also the train scene went on way too long. Yeah we get it, it's a long train, just get on with it ffs.
Train scene almost caused me to burst out crying too.....omg, could've cut a fair chunk off the movie (& got me out of there quicker!) by halving that scene.
Jennifer Aniston looked a bit NQR I thought. ?Nose job gone wrong?

Popcorn & coke=acceptable. Woman who bought HUGE bag of chips in and loudly crunched through the WHOLE movie=not ok. :mad:

May see Nightcrawler next (if it's no good, at least Jake Gyllenhaal is in it. :hearts:)

Nahnahnahnahnah gotta be frozen coke, not just coke. I have a full on spaz attack if the frozen coke machine is broken (which is usually 50% of the time), frozen coke just goes so much better with popcorn.

You also dont have to go to the toilet from FC either, I've found.

Next for me is Hunger Games.

I saw Interstellar during the week also.

What I liked-the quantum physics theories were pretty cool, if not a bit far fetched at times (eg, the ice clouds on the planet they traveled to wouldn't be possible because gravity would surely cause them to fall, and I doubt whether a planet could exist so close to a black hole-where would the sunlight come from?). The worm holes, black holes, bending of space-time and the depictions of space were amazing though.

What I didn't like-Matthew McConaughey. Thought he was a bit lame as Cooper. For a guy who's supposedly a top engineer and pilot, his mumbling acting performance was too similar to his character on True Detective.

Not sure about-the ending. Was a bit too unrealistic.

Not in the league of classic space movies such as 2001 A Space Odyssey, but enjoyable nonetheless. 7/10 from me. :thumbsu:

Edit-forgot to mention, BlitzenTrapper if you like Billy Bob Thornton, he's excellent in Sling Blade. Well worth watching if you haven't seen it. :thumbsu:
I'm off to watch Interstellar tonight! I'll be curious to see if I agree with some of your observations.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the last time i went to the multiplex was to see the first horrible bosses, a film i quite liked though ch9 playing it once a fortnight has killed it. farrell and spacey made the film.

looks like i will be giving hb2 a wide berth.

We only really saw it cause there was nothing else on. But yes, do not bother.

Spacey was wasted as well in it. I tuned out towards the end as well (something I annoyingly do when I'm bored- i kinda miss the ends of movies), I did this as well in Gone Girl, what a shite 2nd half of a film that was.

I saw that Interstellar was the only movie in the top 10 highest grossing I haven't seen so I got it a week ago and haven't touched it. But thanks now I will tonight.

I'm off to watch Interstellar tonight! I'll be curious to see if I agree with some of your observations.;)
Make sure you're comfy-it's a long movie. My friend and I used up some Gold Class tix that were about to expire, so we were really cosy.

Let us know what you think of it. (I get a strange kick out of doing/reading movie reviews, get all David and Margaret from At The Movies. That's just not right, hey. :oops:)

Make sure you're comfy-it's a long movie. My friend and I used up some Gold Class tix that were about to expire, so we were really cosy.

Let us know what you think of it. (I get a strange kick out of doing/reading movie reviews, get all David and Margaret from At The Movies. That's just not right, hey. :oops:)
Will do. I already checked the running time; 169 minutes. The movie starts at 8:30pm, so it will finish about 11:20. Should be home by midnight for a 5:30am departure! Lucky it's my last week of work!:)

Not strange at all, i reckon being a movie reviewer professionally would be an awesome job.

q. for everyone. Which movies, in a cinema, have you gotten up and walked out of before the end?
I have three: "Blues Brothers 2000" (almost at the half way point we left terrible movie) and "The Other Guys" - kids were running around the aisles, cinema was general chaos and me and Stripey just hated the movie- we left with exactly 10 mins running time left, and finally "Begin Again" a romantic drama/comedy but this wasnt due to the crapness of the film, but the crapness behaviour of the movie going patrons inside.

Not strange at all, i reckon being a movie reviewer professionally would be an awesome job.

q. for everyone. Which movies, in a cinema, have you gotten up and walked out of before the end?
I have three: "Blues Brothers 2000" (almost at the half way point we left terrible movie) and "The Other Guys" - kids were running around the aisles, cinema was general chaos and me and Stripey just hated the movie- we left with exactly 10 mins running time left, and finally "Begin Again" a romantic drama/comedy but this wasnt due to the crapness of the film, but the crapness behaviour of the movie going patrons inside.
None can I has prize?

Will do. I already checked the running time; 169 minutes. The movie starts at 8:30pm, so it will finish about 11:20. Should be home by midnight for a 5:30am departure! Lucky it's my last week of work!:)
Oh you make me look bad SC. Mine's been sitting on my desktop waiting to be opened in media player.

Wolf Creek!

Mainly because my boyfriend at the time thought it was hilarious that I was scared, and he started doing the most unfunny 'scaries' to me-tapping me on the shoulder, fiddling with my hair. I gave him a kick and left about halfway through.:rolleyes:

Wolf Creek!

Mainly because my boyfriend at the time thought it was hilarious that I was scared, and he started doing the most unfunny 'scaries' to me-tapping me on the shoulder, fiddling with my hair. I gave him a kick and left about halfway through.:rolleyes:

Oh nos! Wolf Creek was great imo!

During Paranormal Activity I whispered to Phil that i was "so going to stand over him in the middle of the night, like that chick just did in the movie" :D Hands down the creepiest part of that film, sometimes the simple things are the scariest.

Oh you make me look bad SC. Mine's been sitting on my desktop waiting to be opened in media player.
Well don't! It's not through any contrived sense of morality that I'm watching it at the movies. I just wanted to get out of the house, dump the kids with the in-laws and spend an evening with the missus. I too have a hard drive full of not so legally obtained movies myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back