Movies & TV Last movie you watched?

Remove this Banner Ad

Selma.

I don't know much at all about this period of American history- well any period really.
But great movie, had a tear in my eye, the last 20 mins were amazing.

Haven't seen it yet, but reading the plot just now I'm still flabbergasted African-Americans didn't arm themselves and curb-stomp Klan America more than what they did via the smaller civil-rights-and-police-brutality actions like the Watts riots and whatnot.

I mean, it's good for that nation as a whole that the s**t never truly hit the fan, but violent revolution has been formented for far less elsewhere.

Watched the Entourage movie last night.

Had some hilarious bits in it, as expected. To be honest though, bit of a letdown compared to the series.

Haven't seen it yet, but reading the plot just now I'm still flabbergasted African-Americans didn't arm themselves and curb-stomp Klan America more than what they did via the smaller civil-rights-and-police-brutality actions like the Watts riots and whatnot.

I mean, it's good for that nation as a whole that the s**t never truly hit the fan, but violent revolution has been formented for far less elsewhere.

Nah Martin Luther King was adamant it was always a peaceful march and not violent. Towards the end of the film he gives a speech, it's like he knows he will get killed tho, it was just a matter of time.

Great movie, his performance is unbelievable- maybe should have gotten the Oscar.

I went on a movie binge over the last 3/4 weeks - had a few tickets to use up before the end of Sept.
- started with Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation; it wasn't bad but felt like something I had seen before.
- a week later I made it a double for the day, Inside Out in the morning, and The Gift in the afternoon. Highly recommend both, especially The Gift which really surprised me, out did my expectations.
- finished with Sicario on the weekend; very good film and would have been better if the stupid twat behind me shut up during the movie.

This week's viewing so far with ratings...

* Mississippi Burning - ***
* The Sundowners - **
* Che - Parts 1&2 - *****
* I Dream of Jeannie: My Master, the Weakling - **
* Dr. Who: Destiny of the Daleks - ***
* Ellery Queen: The Adventure of the Chinese Dog - ****
* Demon Seed - ***
* Dog Day Afternoon - ***
* A Serious Man - *
* Howards End - ***
* Cheers - Season 8 - ****

I went on a movie binge over the last 3/4 weeks - had a few tickets to use up before the end of Sept.
- started with Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation; it wasn't bad but felt like something I had seen before.
- a week later I made it a double for the day, Inside Out in the morning, and The Gift in the afternoon. Highly recommend both, especially The Gift which really surprised me, out did my expectations.
- finished with Sicario on the weekend; very good film and would have been better if the stupid twat behind me shut up during the movie.
I missed M.I.V. Wanted to see that, I did watch Everest the other week, good flick, and Roger Waters The Wall last Tuesday.

This week's viewing so far with ratings...

* Mississippi Burning - ***
* The Sundowners - **
* Che - Parts 1&2 - *****
* I Dream of Jeannie: My Master, the Weakling - **
* Dr. Who: Destiny of the Daleks - ***
* Ellery Queen: The Adventure of the Chinese Dog - ****
* Demon Seed - ***
* Dog Day Afternoon - ***
* A Serious Man - *
* Howards End - ***
* Cheers - Season 8 - ****
Some good ones there James You got Foxtel?

I missed M.I.V. Wanted to see that, I did watch Everest the other week, good flick, and Roger Waters The Wall last Tuesday.

I saw Everest the other week - I went with my brother to a preview screening of the movie. We both walked out kinda disappointed - can't fault the cinematography, some of it was just so beautiful and spectacular and I know its based on a true story but I think they maybe could have tackled the story better. It wasn't a bad film, but I didn't find it wasn't great either.

I could have spent a couple of hours just watching some of those long, sweeping shots taking from a helicopter though.

I saw Everest the other week - I went with my brother to a preview screening of the movie. We both walked out kinda disappointed - can't fault the cinematography, some of it was just so beautiful and spectacular and I know its based on a true story but I think they maybe could have tackled the story better. It wasn't a bad film, but I didn't find it wasn't great either.

I could have spent a couple of hours just watching some of those long, sweeping shots taking from a helicopter though.
The scenery was quite stunning, at my age Im never going to see it for real, but I guess every movie made about mountain climbing is probably going to be similar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

watched spring breakers the other night.

black comedy? more like highly disturbing.
From the same guy who wrote Kids and Ken Park?

Your clue as to what to expect might have been found there.

maybe i should do background checks on films before i see them...spring breakers wasnt awful, but hardly dark comedy.

heathers is dark comedy done well.
Ah Heathers, when people still were in love with Winona Ryder (possibly including Johnny Depp). :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back