FTA-TV Late Shows - Mega Thread

Who's your favourite Late Night host/show?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that impressed with James C - seems like a nice guy and mildly amusing but nowhere near as funny as Craig. And not a fan of having two guests at the same time. One at a time on chairs to the hosts right. Think CBS got it wrong.

Also wondering why there is now seemingly a huge budget when Craig couldn't even have a regular band.
I don't think Craig wanted one. He didn't want to do the stock standard late night show.

Ferguson only gave a **** about the show being good and funny, not if his guests liked him.
I'd also guess his definition of good and funny differed from most of the other late night hosts.
Also wondering why there is now seemingly a huge budget when Craig couldn't even have a regular band.

I always assumed Craig never really wanted that huge of a budget for the same reason I don't think he really wanted the Late Show, CBS would probably have wanted his show to move closer back to the norm in return and he didn't want that.

I always assumed Craig never really wanted that huge of a budget for the same reason I don't think he really wanted the Late Show, CBS would probably have wanted his show to move closer back to the norm in return and he didn't want that.

Nah, it's because Letterman owned the time slot following his own show. Corden works directly for CBS and doesn't have Colbert dictating things.

Oh what a bad ep to watch that would've been.The giddy laughing host v the screaming girls in the audience.
They weren't in the studio for the part I watched. They were playing dodgeball against some women's team. The womens team were more masculine than One Direction.

"didnt give a ****" was his gimmick. Like pretending to not be reading a script is The Footy Show's gimmick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seth Meyers > James Corden. Fred Armisen is his bandleader!

There is no way this is true. Seth Meyers is absolutely horrible and the house band sucks balls. The fact that Fred Armisen is in it makes me hate it all even more. Fred is a total legen and I love him in almost everything he does, but the fact he's involved with this abortion of a TV show makes me seriously question his judgement.

Also, did anyone see the Late Late Show filmed at someone's house? Beck was one of the guest (and the guy whose house it was filmed at was a MASSIVE Beck fan) and one of the segments was them playing hide and seek. Genuinely hilarious and a completely fresh take on the whole concept. If he's willing to take chances and change things up like that on a regular basis, I'm sure Corden will get more and more followers.

Jon Stewart was fantastic today. Has been all week but today for very different reasons.
Yeah watched his bit on YouTube. Was amazing.

Also if you want to be terrified, read the comments.

"The civil war had nothing to do with slavery"
"I watch this and just see him saying every white person is racist"

I often read the comments on Fox News stories just to get that sides perspective on the same stories. Most of the time it's really funny in a slightly sad way, today was just so depressing.

Find me a news site where the majority of comments aren't some rubbish circle jerk. Only time they have ever been of use was when 'Get This' fans bombarbed Bolts page with them, mostly toungue in cheek with a lot of his usually foamers utterly missing the point. Was damn amusing.

Can't say I like the all guests at once, doesn't allow Corden to develop any sort of rapport like Ferguson had with some oh his regulars. (Kirsten Bell :thumbsu:)

woo hoo,Eleven are showing The Late Show with Stephen Colbert starting wednesday week at 11.30pm

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/08/airdate-the-late-show-with-stephen-colbert.html

dancingcolbert.gif~c200
tumblr_ngr6ul1BQm1s58xblo1_500.gif

Back