Laverton Magpies

Remove this Banner Ad

interesting artical.....Can anyone from Lavo let us all know how many numbers they have been getting at training??? my source says not to much but if the artical is correct Lavo might be looking to have another strong year....Any recruits for Lavo?

Would be handy to know for round 2 lol

interesting artical.....Can anyone from Lavo let us all know how many numbers they have been getting at training??? my source says not to much but if the artical is correct Lavo might be looking to have another strong year....Any recruits for Lavo?

Would be handy to know for round 2 lol

Good on Lavo for promoting the club.

If the coach had brought anyone with him (such as the Cobras) you would think it would be mentioned in the article. http://www.albanvale.asn.au/

With some of their best players and no juniors leaving it might be a tough year for the Magpies.

Devils are looking pretty solid with some handy pick ups, but with the Cobras recruits you would think they would be equal favourites with Parkside.

Devils are looking pretty solid with some handy pick ups, but with the Cobras recruits you would think they would be equal favourites with Parkside.[/quote]
yeah it cant be too good if a team like lavo loose there best couple of players altho they still got wellsy and he would be workin hard i am sure to get some quality down there. Would scott Bell still be playin there now kenna and zerafa and the likes are gone???

Yeah good call red devil, altho with so many new players to the club could it take a while to gel together???? Any chance of them having a really off day come round 1??? or is that wishful thinkin by me and the vales hahahaha. Might have to play easter bunny and fill there easter eggs with laxatives or something lol
which reminds me....hey pie eater any chance on givin up some info on your style of play or who ya targets are hahahahahaha

yeah have heard nth foot are goin ok good to see ya got big daza lusher to play...i reckon he will be a very handy running ruckman for ya...lets just hope he doesnt hit his straps till after you play the vales...lol

Devils are looking pretty solid with some handy pick ups, but with the Cobras recruits you would think they would be equal favourites with Parkside.
yeah it cant be too good if a team like lavo loose there best couple of players altho they still got wellsy and he would be workin hard i am sure to get some quality down there. Would scott Bell still be playin there now kenna and zerafa and the likes are gone???

Yeah good call red devil, altho with so many new players to the club could it take a while to gel together???? Any chance of them having a really off day come round 1??? or is that wishful thinkin by me and the vales hahahaha. Might have to play easter bunny and fill there easter eggs with laxatives or something lol
which reminds me....hey pie eater any chance on givin up some info on your style of play or who ya targets are hahahahahaha

yeah have heard nth foot are goin ok good to see ya got big daza lusher to play...i reckon he will be a very handy running ruckman for ya...lets just hope he doesnt hit his straps till after you play the vales...lol[/quote]

Mate don't think Lush will play in the ruck as we have his brother (Lurch) and a few other big units to play that role. Have recruited some bigs this year so hopefully that will help us.

I heard you tried your best to get him on board, but thankfully he is playing with the Devils. :)

I think everyone can see its going to be a year of rebuilding (again) for Laverton. The difference this time i think is we've finally got the right bloke taking control of it all. Finally the board appointed a senior coach that i think will take us forward, though maybe not this season.

Numbers have been about 30-40 blokes most nights, so I'd say fairly solid especially for Laverton.

Aside from Scotty Bell who as far as i know is raring to go and will play provided he gets cleared by Altona, we haven't got any big name recruits just solid players in my opinion. Ryan Barrett is one guy to look out for in the next couple of seasons straight out of under 18's and can seriously play. The coach used to obviously be a good player but not sure how much of a toll age has taken on him but in Div 2 i'm sure he'll be a handy player and he is still very fit. A few of our former juniors have come back and will be a big help to our side.

I'm hopeful that M. Kennedy will be back either next season or the season after, everyone knows he loves Laverton but probably needed some time away. We still have Wells, but he's just had surgery so will miss i think the first half of the season and will be doing some coaching.

When are we going to hear the names of some of the vales recruits evo? Time to fill your fan base in!!

I think Parkside favourites, north second, albanvale, then its open, d/p y/s and w'vale should fill the next 3 spots in some order depending on recruiting and player retention.

A feature on the Laverton Magpies new coach Justin Moran, which you might want to read:

http://www.themail.com.au/news/loca...ture-shift-part-of-the-game-plan/1765393.aspx
Great to see Justin in charge, he is a smooth operator and doesnt get rattled when the going gets tough. Very inovative coach and a likable guy.Hope his team does well this year and he doesnt stray to far past the goal square and i agree he can run all day but not that quickly, strong marking and a good kick for goal, will kick plenty if the ball comes down enough.

When are we going to hear the names of some of the vales recruits evo? Time to fill your fan base in!!

scotty i reckon tassie has really taken ahold of you and your becomming a local as your slowing up like a tassie man lol......i posted a fair few of our recruits on here late Jan....cant believe you havent read it hahaha.

We have gone hard to recruit over summer like all clubs and we spoke to a plethora of players but as far as money goes there is not much so it does make it hard and i know alot of clubs are in the same boat so no complaints here from the vales.....all that aside we have got some new players to the club and some handy ones, add this too our very strong junoirs that will be with the seniors this year and also some great pre season efforts of existing players we are hopefully going to improve somewhat on last years efforts.....and from the words of our great new awesome fantastic and sensational coach dennerley.....we hope to be knocking on the door of the 5....(you reckon that was enough compliments to get a much lighter Evo a game scotty hahahaha)

POSSIBLE additions to vales, nathan reschki, daniel bunworth, aaron molivas, matt skelzo, jaiden wood, aaron flemming, corey mackey, chris klein-brettler and a couple of un named ones lol plus th possible return of EVO and the good signs that big laurie angwin is getting fit and hopeful of a round 1 start i reckon we are lookin ok and hopefully better than last year.

and red devil yeah it is true that I tried to dazzle the big Lushman into venturing up the highway but unfortunetly after thinkin long and hard the big fella decided nth was the go.....thats fine by us as Lush came across as a great bloke and came with glowing reports from my little spies so yeah that is a great pick up from nth I reckon.... who have NTH FOOT got for praccy games???

scotty i reckon tassie has really taken ahold of you and your becomming a local as your slowing up like a tassie man lol......i posted a fair few of our recruits on here late Jan....cant believe you havent read it hahaha.

We have gone hard to recruit over summer like all clubs and we spoke to a plethora of players but as far as money goes there is not much so it does make it hard and i know alot of clubs are in the same boat so no complaints here from the vales.....all that aside we have got some new players to the club and some handy ones, add this too our very strong junoirs that will be with the seniors this year and also some great pre season efforts of existing players we are hopefully going to improve somewhat on last years efforts.....and from the words of our great new awesome fantastic and sensational coach dennerley.....we hope to be knocking on the door of the 5....(you reckon that was enough compliments to get a much lighter Evo a game scotty hahahaha)

POSSIBLE additions to vales, nathan reschki, daniel bunworth, aaron molivas, matt skelzo, jaiden wood, aaron flemming, corey mackey, chris klein-brettler and a couple of un named ones lol plus th possible return of EVO and the good signs that big laurie angwin is getting fit and hopeful of a round 1 start i reckon we are lookin ok and hopefully better than last year.

and red devil yeah it is true that I tried to dazzle the big Lushman into venturing up the highway but unfortunetly after thinkin long and hard the big fella decided nth was the go.....thats fine by us as Lush came across as a great bloke and came with glowing reports from my little spies so yeah that is a great pick up from nth I reckon.... who have NTH FOOT got for praccy games???

Wrong person mate. I think scotty is "shouldneverhaveretired."

A few of those names are vales players from a couple of years ago aren't they? Bunners and scalzo are the two that i recognise. Fair players those two. Who are the Div. 1 recruits you promised last year?

Dont know how much you have to suck up to the coach to get a game mate, as long as you lost those extra 5 tyres you were carrying around last year I reckon you should be a fair chance!

and red devil yeah it is true that I tried to dazzle the big Lushman into venturing up the highway but unfortunetly after thinkin long and hard the big fella decided nth was the go.....thats fine by us as Lush came across as a great bloke and came with glowing reports from my little spies so yeah that is a great pick up from nth I reckon.... who have NTH FOOT got for praccy games???[/quote]

I think the Devils have Port Arlington (Away) on the 13th and Tullarmarine (Home) on the 27th.

Laverton magpies under 18 side in 2010!

The Laverton Magpies Football Club are excited to announce the appointment of a coach in John Ballestrino for an Under 18 side in the WRFL in 2010.

For more information regarding the side, registering and training details, please do not hesitate in contacting:

John Ballestrino (under 18 coach)- 0409 138 921

Justin Moran (Senior Coach)- 0411 798 934.

Also go to: www.lavertonmagpies.com.au
or email: jm@healthbydesign.com.au

Players of all abilities are most welcome.

Training currently is Monday and Wednesdays at the club from 6pm.

I think the Devils have Port Arlington (Away) on the 13th and Tullarmarine (Home) on the 27th.[/quote]

thanks RD might have to pop down and have a little looksie on at the Tulla game may even bring the video camera hahahaha how has pre season been for you boys?? i hearin it been a pretty good one.

Re: Laverton magpies under 18 side in 2010!

The Laverton Magpies Football Club are excited to announce the appointment of a coach in John Ballestrino for an Under 18 side in the WRFL in 2010.QUOTE]

JB has done a fine job coaching at Altona over the years and he is a quality bloke.

He will be missed at Altona and I wish JB and his U18 team all the best in 2010 (except against altona ;)).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah have heard nth foot are goin ok good to see ya got big daza lusher to play...i reckon he will be a very handy running ruckman for ya...lets just hope he doesnt hit his straps till after you play the vales...lol

Mate don't think Lush will play in the ruck as we have his brother (Lurch) and a few other big units to play that role. Have recruited some bigs this year so hopefully that will help us.

I heard you tried your best to get him on board, but thankfully he is playing with the Devils. :)[/quote]

big blokes small grounds not a problem..........

parkside in the granny got found out by being too top heavy........

how are the numbers looking for all the junior sides down there this year, I heard there was no juniors there last year.

With point cook now around, it will place alot of pressure especially at junior levels to attract players to the club.

Any word on if the likes of brian lawry, errol henderson and few of the younger blokes going to be down there this yr.

Laverton Magpies FC under 18's 2010!

The Laverton Magpies under 18 side are building numbers and have now over 20 names that have expressed interest in playing this season which is great news and a number have signed clearance forms already, so anyone interested in joining should contact under 18's coach John Ballestrino on 0409 138 921 or senior coach Justin Moran on 0411 798 934.

The under 18's have their first practice match this Saturday vs Altona B's at 10am and training is at 6pm Wednesday (tomorrow) night at the Laverton FC and Tuesday and Thursday nights from next week onwards.

The club is on the way up and the senior coach is willing to develop any under 18's and give them every opportunity to play senior football this season and beyond.

Jump on board!

The Laverton Magpies FC are excited to announce that Sam Young will be joining me as a non-playing assistant coach and in particular working as a backline or defensive coach. This is great news for us and we are having a number of ex-players, supporters keen to rejoin us as they are seeing the very positive direction the club is moving in and this augurs well with the influx of new people (players, under 18's players from 2010, support staff, committee and sponsors).

We are still seeking the services of a playing assistant coach to complete our coaching staff, so if keen, make contact and let me know!

A very prominent former player at Laverton has rejoined us for 2011 and again affirms the direction we are heading in and we expect this to attract many more new players either looking for a new club, a fresh start with their football or to join a progressive club intent on gaining a spot in the top 5 in 2011

We start back training Monday January 17 and and Wednesday 19 at 6pm!!!!

We are in a very good spot at present and I now expect this to foster and continue to grow as the 2011 pre-season unfolds!

With the suburb of Point Cook only being an 8 minute drive away and a thriving and ever-expanding suburb, Tarneit being fairly close as well, we are hoping to be a good option for players moving into the area and looking for a local club that plays in the local competition!

If any player is interested in checking us out or meeting with me to discuss their playing future, let me know!

Cheers,

Justin Moran
Laverton Magpies Senior Coach
"Resurgence of the Magpies"
0411 798 934
jm@healthbydesign.com.au

The Laverton Magpies FC are excited to announce that Sam Young will be joining me as a non-playing assistant coach and in particular working as a backline or defensive coach. This is great news for us and we are having a number of ex-players, supporters keen to rejoin us as they are seeing the very positive direction the club is moving in and this augurs well with the influx of new people (players, under 18's players from 2010, support staff, committee and sponsors).

We are still seeking the services of a playing assistant coach to complete our coaching staff, so if keen, make contact and let me know!

A very prominent former player at Laverton has rejoined us for 2011 and again affirms the direction we are heading in and we expect this to attract many more new players either looking for a new club, a fresh start with their football or to join a progressive club intent on gaining a spot in the top 5 in 2011

We start back training Monday January 17 and and Wednesday 19 at 6pm!!!!

We are in a very good spot at present and I now expect this to foster and continue to grow as the 2011 pre-season unfolds!

With the suburb of Point Cook only being an 8 minute drive away and a thriving and ever-expanding suburb, Tarneit being fairly close as well, we are hoping to be a good option for players moving into the area and looking for a local club that plays in the local competition!

If any player is interested in checking us out or meeting with me to discuss their playing future, let me know!

Cheers,

Justin Moran
Laverton Magpies Senior Coach
"Resurgence of the Magpies"
0411 798 934
[EMAIL="jm@healthbydesign.com.au"]jm@healthbydesign.com.au[/EMAIL]

Can we find out a bit about the history of this backline coach? Playing history/other coaching experience ect...

Good news for you blokes about the best kick in the comp, i'm running a book on how long it takes him to lose it and and provide a repeat performance. I'll def be making the trip out to Deer Park for that game. No doubt the lions haven't forgotten

Can we find out a bit about the history of this backline coach? Playing history/other coaching experience ect...

Good news for you blokes about the best kick in the comp, i'm running a book on how long it takes him to lose it and and provide a repeat performance. I'll def be making the trip out to Deer Park for that game. No doubt the lions haven't forgotten

yeah i think they have forgotten.......seeing they won the flag that year!!!;)

but good ol weapo hasnt!!!!

Laverton Magpies Practice match schedule

All of our practice matches are now locked in:

Thursday March 10 - vs UHS/VU (VAFA Div 3) - AWAY

Saturday March 19 - vs Belmont Lions (GDFL) - AWAY

Saturday March 26 - vs Geelong West (GDFL) - AWAY

And then we start round 1 vs Parkside on Saturday April 2!

Looking forward to the season ahead!

Laverton played a senior and reserves game down at Belmont on the weekend and came away with 2 wins.

Seniors: Laverton 11.10.76 to Belmont 5.3.33
Reserves: Laverton defeated Belmont by 6-8 goals.

A solid hit out and signs very promising from our perspective. Definitely an improved group on last season and from my perspective amazing to see what a team (and club) can achieve when they are committed to the cause, play for each other and implement all that we have been working on at training and listening to and following directions.

Looking forward to this weeks match against Geelong West and then round 1 against Parkside. Go Lavo!

We could still do with the services of a senior ruckman to help balance our team a little more and help bolster our line-up so if there is any Division 1 'back-up' or 'second' ruckman that would like the opportunity to take the mantle of being our number 1 ruckman, don't hesitate to get in touch!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back