LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

That stuff is such trash.

Of course carbs are going to cause health problems if your liver is fatted out and your pancreas is stressed out from the reduced insulin response.

glenferry23 what do you think?

Of course carbs are going to cause health problems if your liver is fatted out and your pancreas is stressed out from the reduced insulin response.

All of the participants had metabolic syndrome, but where was fatty liver mentioned?

"In summary, high intakes of saturated fat (including regular consumption of whole eggs, full-fat dairy, high-fat beef and other meats) does not contribute to accumulation of plasma SFA in the context of a low carbohydrate intake. A progressive decrease in saturated fat and commensurate increase in carbohydrate intake, on the other hand, is associated with incremental increases in the proportion of plasma palmitoleic acid, which may be signaling impaired metabolism of carbohydrate, even under conditions of negative energy balance and significant weight loss. These findings contradict the perspective that dietary saturated fat per se is harmful, and underscore the importance of considering the level of dietary carbohydrate that accompanies saturated fat consumption."

Last edited:

You know where I stand on the issue mate. I care little though to enter the discussion with the mindless troll.

By the way, not quite a professor yet. A doctorate and an MBA are sufficient qualifications for me right now :)

Wow, this'll really put it under the public spotlight.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-24/dees-turn-to-fat-for-fitness

Is it wrong for me to say that i'm not confident they'll have the mental discipline to do it properly, and not publicly paint LCHF as being a fad? :p

Interesting that they're planning on working carbs into the preseason as it progresses? I would've thought that'd be counter-productive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phinney: talked on how he started when he tried to prove Atkins wrong 30 years ago, then he showed his study's from the 80s.

Burgess: the power have been on it 2 years now, 43 of the 45 players on it as well as coaches, he trains them hard, last year went to Dubai train from minute they hoped of the plane did 100km in 10 days 80% footy 20% running test 3km at start and end with 18 getting PBs all doing HFLC, was not giving to much away he said there was other AFL people in the room. He also mentioned about Liverpool as they play lots of games 3 games a week and how they adopted it to recover quicker. They all only add about 40g extra carbs pre game currently run on 30g daily.

Dr Z: Melbourne doc talked about there players, after season gave them a transition diet now all players full HFLC.

Lots of dumb questions in the crowd just looking for a fight.

They all only add about 40g extra carbs pre game currently run on 30g daily.

That would be consistent with Ablett and his 250g of sweet potato. Mark Sisson said you only consume just enough to replentish glysogen stores and no more as it spikes insulin and is counter productive. I would assume a sports drink of some sort would just keep that topped up at the appropriate time.

That would have been my question, sports drinks.

That would be consistent with Ablett and his 250g of sweet potato. Mark Sisson said you only consume just enough to replentish glysogen stores and no more as it spikes insulin and is counter productive. I would assume a sports drink of some sort would just keep that topped up at the appropriate time.

They also so said players swirl sports drinks

They also said players swirl or rinse sports drinks on game day

Swirl and rinse is interesting. Did they mention ketone testing?

Here is my reading from today, its getting a bit high so i will start to add an extra 5g of carb via sweet potato untill i get it back to 3.1 - 3.4 fasted.
15700295218_9d9203e8a1_b.jpg

Last edited:
Swirl and rinse is interesting. Did they mention ketone testing?

Here is my reading from today, its getting a bit high so i will start to add an extra 5g of carb via sweet potato untill i get it back to 3.1 - 3.4 fasted.
15700295218_9d9203e8a1_b.jpg
how much did that little gismo cost you? It tests saliva, right?

how much did that little gismo cost you? It tests saliva, right?
60 bucks from priceline and it takes blood for both Ketones and glucose. Ketone strips are a bit exy $6 for ten, but after a month or two you just end up testing once or twice a week. Its also the exact same one that all hospitals use. Worth every cent.

Yeah pin prick test is best or urine.
Urine is next to useless

60 bucks from priceline and it takes blood for both Ketones and glucose. Ketone strips are a bit exy $6 for ten, but after a month or two you just end up testing once or twice a week. Its also the exact same one that all hospitals use. Worth every cent.

Urine is next to useless
Do you pin blood or saliva?

Wow, what a find. Woolworths Gold Free range Chicken Stock.

Zero preservatives, additives or flavors.

The ingredients are- Water, Free range chicken bones (26%) Onions, carrots, celery, garlic. parsley, pepper and thyme.

• Per 100 g
  • energy
  • 37.0 kJ
  • protein
  • 1.8 g
  • fat, total
  • 0.0 g
  • saturated
  • 0.0 g
  • carbohydrate
  • 0.4 g
  • sugars
  • 0.3 g
  • sodium
  • 120.0 mg

Light natural taste (very good) only down side is $5.80 500ml. But compare that to the cost and effort of home made stock, its a best buy.

They have grass feed King Island beef, fish and chicken. Add that to Woolies Macro range and they are kicking goals for commercial nutrition.

765996.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back