LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

I 've just enrolled in a post grad course in human nutrition starting next year.
http://www.deakin.edu.au/future-stu...p?course=H511&stutype=local&continue=Continue

It will be interesting to see how they teach the food pyramid and attitudes to paleo and LCHF etc. I might post some of the stuff here once it gets going. :)
Interesting is one word. Hopefully they are willing to change their attitudes with the huge shift in thinking. I did 3 out of the 4 units in that course in my undergrad, so if they're the same as what I did, you will be in for a world of fun. They don't have attitudes towards paleo and LCHF, they just pretend it doesn't exist. Although I really hope for your sake that there is at least some discussion around it. Good luck!

I 've just enrolled in a post grad course in human nutrition starting next year.
http://www.deakin.edu.au/future-stu...p?course=H511&stutype=local&continue=Continue

It will be interesting to see how they teach the food pyramid and attitudes to paleo and LCHF etc. I might post some of the stuff here once it gets going. :)
Interesting indeed, preferable to a cert III and IV in fitness that doesn't even really allow you to give out nutritional advice.

Do I read correctly that you don't need any specific degree to enrol? Any 3 year degree makes passes the entry requirements as far as I can tell.

Interesting indeed, preferable to a cert III and IV in fitness that doesn't even really allow you to give out nutritional advice.

Do I read correctly that you don't need any specific degree to enrol? Any 3 year degree makes passes the entry requirements as far as I can tell.
yep, I have a Philosophy degree.

Interesting is one word. Hopefully they are willing to change their attitudes with the huge shift in thinking. I did 3 out of the 4 units in that course in my undergrad, so if they're the same as what I did, you will be in for a world of fun. They don't have attitudes towards paleo and LCHF, they just pretend it doesn't exist. Although I really hope for your sake that there is at least some discussion around it. Good luck!
they probably will be identical to the units you did.

Sarah Wilson is sensational and deserves a medal. She has single handedly been responsible for more people giving up sugar and general awareness of its danger than anyone else in the country, same goes for Pete Evans for the awareness of healthy natural food he is spreading. Both have no so-called nutritional qualifications, but are fare more important and relevant than than the likes of Stanton, Burrell or McMillan any day.

I hadnt heard of her. Admittedly I dont read the newspapers or watch much TV
Her first book that started it all

i-quit-sugar.jpg

Her second and my fav, its an excellent book and only around 20 bucks at BigW worth getting.
9781742613734.jpg

Add Pete Evans Healthy Everyday and its the perfect combination for the noobs and not so new noobs.

Sarah Wilson's qualification in nutrition is that online integrative nutrition course. From what i understand it's more about learning how to be a wellness coach rather than learning about nutrition. I'm pretty sure the course is agnostic in terms of nutrition. It's internationally recognised and costs $5k.

Someone gave me her book which is how I know her (not seen her on TV either). Her book is excellent and provides a brilliant sugar detox approach which if followed isn't hard to do (coming from an ex sugar-holic)

I completely agree with you Bazaar, she's a legend. She's got a degree in philosophy from ACU, so certainly no muppet. I'm subbed to her blog and am impressed with her take on life. She's a solid, down to earth, intelligent star. She gets maligned by media folk (like mia freeman etc) and on those occasions handles herself with dignity. She really is something special.

She is a crusader and pivotal in the health and nutrition paradigm shift.

http://iquitsugar.com/funded-by-big-sugar/

Last edited:
Mia Freedman is a nobody.

I don't know her apart from her writing an article claiming that S Wilson must have an eating disorder. Sarah has Hashimotos and can't eat gluten and on holiday in Paris she succumbed to a chocolate crossaint (the down to earth shining through) and she had to lay down for an hour afterwards due to her thyroids response to the gluten.

Anyway Sarah wrote an article about forgiving yourself when you make mistakes (in general but in the case 'diet wise) and Mia etc wrote articles attacking her for having an eating disorder on the basis that she lay down after eating a crossaint. They took her out of context and then went on to say that her book was rubbish.

Was very cheap and happens regualarly to her - because her information flies in the face of mainstream "wisdom".

Sarah Wilson's qualification in nutrition is that online integrative nutrition course. From what i understand it's more about learning how to be a wellness coach rather than learning about nutrition. I'm pretty sure the course is agnostic in terms of nutrition. It's internationally recognised and costs $5k.

Someone gave me her book which is how I know her (not seen her on TV either). Her book is excellent and provides a brilliant sugar detox approach which if followed isn't hard to do (coming from an ex sugar-holic)

I completely agree with you Bazaar, she's a legend. She's got a degree in philosophy from ACU, so certainly no muppet. I'm subbed to her blog and am impressed with her take on life. She's a solid, down to earth, intelligent star. She gets maligned by media folk (like mia freeman etc) and on those occasions handles herself with dignity. She really is something special.

She is a crusader and pivotal in the health and nutrition paradigm shift.

http://iquitsugar.com/funded-by-big-sugar/
she sounds great.

Once I've finished my course I might try and make contact with her for some start-up advice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

she sounds great.

Once I've finished my course I might try and make contact with her for some start-up advice.

I'm finishing a course as well - Functional Diagnostic Nutrition.

Anyway, she is great. Check out her blog as well.

Freedman was also the one who twisted Pete Evans quote about Paleo curing Autism and had every Parent of children or adult on the spectrum attack him viciously.

What a cow.

The thing is the Specific Carbohydrate diet/ GAPS diet has had success in curing autism. Those diets are close to paleo.

Those parents would do well to look into what he was saying - presumably (as i don't know what he said) he was referring to gut microbes / gut dysbiosis connection to nuero diseases. This knowledge has been around for millenia but forgotten since the medical model/ invention of penicillan.

Yeah, what a bitch for letting her own ego get in the way of potentially improving the lives of many.

So todays inspired DAA headline grabber is the Caveman diet is dead as "new" research shows the Mediterranean diet is best. I have no issue with is as its basics are similar to all round healthy eating, but when subjects go off butter, salt AND margarine, sugar and alcohol for 10 days is their any wonder they show marked improvements in alertness, contentment, calmness and cognitive performance.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...e-research-finds/story-fni0fit3-1227141395070

So todays inspired DAA headline grabber is the Caveman diet is dead as "new" research shows the Mediterranean diet is best. I have no issue with is as its basics are similar to all round healthy eating, but when subjects go off butter, salt AND margarine, sugar and alcohol for 10 days is their any wonder they show marked improvements in alertness, contentment, calmness and cognitive performance.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...e-research-finds/story-fni0fit3-1227141395070

Just shithouse science that proves exactly nothing. Clumping saturated fat in with sugar, alcohol and margarine then seeing an improvement when that group of food is cut out then equating that to.... saturated fat = bad, is such poor science. I'm surprised anyone would print it, it's that bad.

When it comes to diet, science and facts are disregarded kind of like relgion. People are so emotional about their choices that even intelligent people that should know better believe stupid assertions like the ones in that article.

Since i quit alcohol, ciggarettes, gambling, heroin, crystal meth and vegetables my health and wellbeing has improved.

Those damn vegetables are bad, mmkay.

I've fallen off the boat in the last week or so. I've been eating stuff I shouldn't really. Not a whole lot but more than I would like. Last night for example I went to a Thai restaurant with friends and had coconut rice with my meal. It might be just the stress and busyness of the end of the term and school year that is making me break out a bit so hopefully when I start my holidays I can rein it back in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back