LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Apart from telling us their are germs everywhere, the point of this article is?
That they are often very bad in the places that people don't think about much at all rather than the obvious places like toilets that people paranoid about, not that difficult to understand.

That they are often very bad in the places that people don't think about much at all rather than the obvious places like toilets that people paranoid about, not that difficult to understand.
They have wipes at woolies next to the trolleys. How stupid is that.

And im still trying to work out the reason for the article, so what if their are germs on the trolley, big deal.

600_FTT_ecard_hand_sanitizer.jpg

That's probably to be expected from all the publicity they've had this year. Any word on when/if they'll be changing their tick policy?

Nutritionalfacts.org this morning trying to say that meat spikes insulin as much as pure sugar. I'm pretty much over reading into semantics these days but i'm not sure how that guy gets away with this stuff.

That's probably to be expected from all the publicity they've had this year. Any word on when/if they'll be changing their tick policy?

Nutritionalfacts.org this morning trying to say that meat spikes insulin as much as pure sugar. I'm pretty much over reading into semantics these days but i'm not sure how that guy gets away with this stuff.

I've read that too and don't know why you're dismissing it - do you understand the role insulin plays in metabolising amino acids and protein?

I've read that too and don't know why you're dismissing it - do you understand the role insulin plays in metabolising amino acids and protein?
Yes, to an extent it's true - but the point being he then suggests all Paleo enthusiasts should by that logic instead consume pasta instead of meat, many non-scientific generalisations are made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this article highlights why many people miss the point (including BF posters).

Most of the people following this sort of diet advice reduce intake of certain foods that are unhealthy, yet they criticize the minority who eliminate completely certain foods then extrapolate that to anyone who makes decisions like *gasp* reducing intake of refined carbs and sugars (which have virtually no nutritional value anyway).
I'd guess that most LCHF people eat in a very similar way to the nutrient density people.

Seems to me Kate Lever is the one with psychological issues over food rather than Pete Evans or Ms Wilson. Talk about 'projecting'.

"It makes me incredibly sad that we don’t speak about food with joy."

WTF. Evans is a celebrity chef. He speaks about the joys of food for a living!

I think this article highlights why many people miss the point (including BF posters).

Most of the people following this sort of diet advice reduce intake of certain foods that are unhealthy, yet they criticize the minority who eliminate completely certain foods then extrapolate that to anyone who makes decisions like *gasp* reducing intake of refined carbs and sugars (which have virtually no nutritional value anyway).
I'd guess that most LCHF people eat in a very similar way to the nutrient density people.
MArk Sisson always talks about trying to be 80% paleo/ primal. It's a lot more realistic.

MArk Sisson always talks about trying to be 80% paleo/ primal. It's a lot more realistic.
That's on the money - the vast majority of people out there aren't fundamentalists, they recognize there's a balance to be had with everyday living - most of the arguments I've read against this sort of diet completely ignore this.

Seems to me Kate Lever is the one with psychological issues over food rather than Pete Evans or Ms Wilson. Talk about 'projecting'.

"It makes me incredibly sad that we don’t speak about food with joy."

WTF. Evans is a celebrity chef. He speaks about the joys of food for a living!

I agree that she seems like she is projecting. She mentioned in her article that she was anorexic so there is definitely projection going on.

I don't know much about Pete Evans but you raise an excellent point, of course he's joyful about food given that is his profession :)

I can definitely speak for Sarah Wilson and say that she definitely is joyful about food. She continuously writes blogs on being relaxed about food choices and to never feel guilty over bad ones. Her books contain 100s of delicious sweet recipes, it's all about joy. Mia has it in for Sarah, she knows damn well where sarah is coming from but continues to write horrible articles about her, and misrepresents her.

The conclusion i come to about Mia's obsession with Sarah is that she is jealous of her and if you've been exposed to the two of them then it's fairly easy to see why. One is a petty, shallow bitch and the other is a genuine, accepting, open minded, spiritual super star.

I don't know much about Pete Evans but you raise an excellent point, of course he's joyful about food given that is his profession :)
Surprisingly, mum made pizzas to accompany the prawns for Christmas entree yesterday..... on her Pete Evans pizza maker.
I guess everybody has their price.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back