LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

haden1999

Senior List
Jul 26, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
South Africans are using it to go into bat for Tim Noakes.

"The global financial services firm says saturated fat is good for you and it expects red meat‚ butter and egg consumption in Europe and American to soar in the future.

Its 76-page report also suggests dairy‚ butter and beef may make good investments.

The report‚ titled Fat:the New Health Paradigm‚ predicts carbohydrate consumption may drop by 2% globally over the next 15 years. Butter consumption will increase in America as “negative perceptions linked to saturated fat gradually disappear” and margarine sales are expected to plummet.

People in America will be eating more eggs: 350 per capita per year (almost one a day)‚ rather the 235 currently‚ the research predicts.

The report also blames carbs and vegetable oils for lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and heart disease.

"The higher intake of vegetable oils and the increase in carbohydrate consumption in the last 30 to 40 years are the two leading factors behind the high rates of obesity and metabolic syndrome in the US. Saturated and monounsaturated fats are not".

http://www.timeslive.co.za/lifestyl...-agrees-with-Noakes---consumers-dont-know-fat

What do you make of the bit about long term issues with high fat diets (end of the article)

hahahaha yeah what's cheif take on the credit suisse report?
Chief
How in any way does this vindicate the buttered coffee fad-chasers? :D

Sugar has been under the gun for decades. Since I was a kid and my parents refused to let us have soft drink and fruit juice except as a treat. The big thing that is happening is the idea is finally gaining traction. 15 years ago the World Health Organisation had no real sugar guidelines: sugar production is big business. In the UK they had celebrity chefs on their ads and extolling its virtues. "Low fat" options are piled with sugar making the exercise pointless in many cases.

"one of the most influential and credible organisations in the world"

Investment advisors telling the money to go where they predict the consumer dollars are heading isn't scientific proof. Bankers giving out health advice? Please. It doesn't make the carb-phobic crew any less ridiculous.

How do you feel about their upbeat predictions for dairy? All that lactose! ARRRGH!

Ess_don

Club Legend
Sep 11, 2009
Sudden Valley
AFL Club
Essendon
So now that footy season is over, I havent been as strict/motivated to staying in ketosis.. still eating low carb, but occasionally having bit more fruit or eating out, etc so I never really go into keto.

Is this still advisable? Still sticking to low carb, moderate protein and maybe not as high fat (ie: cut out BP coffees, light drizzle instead of glugging EVOO on my salads) if I still want to keep out of keto?

So I'd say atm Im more paleo than keto with the exception of eating dairy..

Will probably return to more regular keto next month though.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
hahahaha yeah what's cheif take on the credit suisse report?
Chief
Head-in-Sand.gif

Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
gearing up for my annual carb blowout tomorrow. bring on the beer, pies and chips etc....might really indulge and even have porridge for breakfast.

havent had a beer since the last GF and pretty much been in keto since then too. (or at least i think i have. i dont bother checking anymore)

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
gearing up for my annual carb blowout tomorrow. bring on the beer, pies and chips etc....might really indulge and even have porridge for breakfast.

havent had a beer since the last GF and pretty much been in keto since then too. (or at least i think i have. i dont bother checking anymore)

So you'll be hugging the porcelain by 11am then? :p

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond

It will be interesting to hear how your body responds in the following few days. Keep us posted.

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
Last month I started eating an orange late arvo & an apple in the evening every day.
Since stopping this last week I feel allot better, only fruit I have is a banana in my post w/o shake 2/3 times a week.
While I thought I was enjoying an orange & apple the time it obviously wasn't doing much for me, just thought I'd share some useless info!

Adjusting carb ratios has really been helping with bulking/cutting phases.
Had to add carbs to meals to add weight, went from 82 to 87kgs over the past 3 months.

Reducing carbs in the last two weeks I've gone down to just over 86kgs but look much better, noticeably leaner yet still maintaining lifts.

Interesting to read some of the more old school bodybuilders who did exactly the same thing. Sometimes the older ideas that worked.... still work

TheDyerLegacy

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Leeds United ; Melbourne City
This is a classic, its the idiot Durianrider talking about the Dee's and their low carb diet.

Lots of F words for those who aren't familiar with this first class tool from Adelaide.

I watch his videos from time to time as I do with plenty of other 'health and fitness' youtubers.

I don't watch them to gain any knowledge or anything although I do enjoy varying opinions people have of health and fitness.

I think one thing that consistently gets lost when people are trying to put out their message is 'relevance' is this is what I tell people all the time. When you are setting 'your' goals in terms of your own 'health and fitness' they need to relate to you. For example this video talking about the Kenyan runners how their diet consists of only Corn, Rice, Bananas and Sugar. Now look at their lifestyle, do the Kenyans work a 9-5 job followed by spending time with their family and perhaps exercising for an hour a day if possible.

Who would be expending more energy? Who would require more energy to complete their daily tasks? Who has more access to range of different foods?

If YOU are not an active person and are a very sedentary person, eat relative to your lifestyle. That might restrict how many calories you can eat a day. Want to eat more, move more. It's that simple.

I think over the years with people making so much money off the 'health and fitness' industry that people are always trying to sell something.

On durianrider, I hate how he skews things to suit him. For example talking about the fitness on AFL footballers. Our game isn't purely based on aerobic fitness so his argument isn't valid.

/minirant

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
What a dickhead. Wonder if he was taught to be that stupid or it's a side effect of being a vegan.
Read Anthony Colpo's take on Durianrider, it's awesome.

'Here he is folks: 66 kilos of unabashed ignorance and arrogance. According to this guy, if you eat meat you’ll end up an obese, caffeine-addicted, walking tumour. Don’t dare question him, because he knows everything. Says who? He does."

http://anthonycolpo.com/durianrider-66-kilograms-of-obnoxious-unabashed-ignorance/

TheDyerLegacy

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
have any of you guys watched 'the glucose network'. He is similar to durianrider but he is actually funny.. doesn't push the whole vegan agenda as much..

Oct 16, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dimma's wife
On the main board I stated that fat was our best energy source for health and efficiency. Also said that the recommended high carb diet of grains and starches being healthy is s myth and has done damage the past few decades.

Mr. Lizard whips out these:

What an absolute load of rubbish. Which obese people ate high-carb and low-fat? Please, who?

Maybe some Kenyan distance runners eat fatty diets, they need fuel. What do Kenyans eat?

We have a system that runs on glucose, and we have plentiful access to natural sugars.

Why oranges at 3/4 time and not lard cubes?

If fat is the best fuel, why carb load before a game?

Which asians are fat?

What do Kenyan distance runners eat?

If he'd only gotten water instead of pepsi at the KFC drive-thru...
329636-darren-jarman.jpg

Makes me glad I dropped out of uni, couldn't live the rest of my life having to deal with this sort of stuff.

TheDyerLegacy

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
On the main board I stated that fat was our best energy source for health and efficiency. Also said that the recommended high carb diet of grains and starches being healthy is s myth and has done damage the past few decades.

Makes me glad I dropped out of uni, couldn't live the rest of my life having to deal with this sort of stuff.
I recall studying at the library and overhearing a conversation between students from a Bach. of Nutrition and Exercise Science preparing for an upcoming exam.. I couldn't believe the topics they were discussing.. and this wasn't no TAFE course or a cereal box PT course.. this was the real deal.

Even better I have a friend who is finishing up his Dietician degree… I feel sorry for who ever he attempts to help.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond

Post this list of low carb high fat endurance athletes for Mr Wizard.

Zach Bitter 100 mile American record holder and the world record holder for most the distance run in 12 hours.

Jon Olsen, previous 100 mile American record holder & 2013 – 24 hour World Champ

Dan Lenz, 2015 2nd at Umstead 100 miler

Jenny Capel Winner of San Diego 100 and 4th Overall

Nikki Kimball, 2014 Ran the Marathon Des Sables for the first time and won

Roxanne Woodhouse at 52 years old won the Zion 100 by almost an hour ahead of Susan Bron a high carb athlete

Mike Morton 2013 Won both Rocky Racoon and Iron horse 100 within a week of each other

Sami Inkinen- Ironman 70.3. (half-distance) World Championships 2011, Age Group World Champion

Jean Pommier, aged 51 2nd Overall in the Ruth Anderson 50 miler

Calum Neff, 2nd at FLS Sugarland 30k a day after winning the Brazos Bend Trail Half Marathon.

Jeremy Humphrey, Winner of River of no Return Endurance runs 100km

Bevan Mckinnon, 2014 Won the overall age group race at New Zealand Ironman

Tim Reed 2015 Ironman 70.3 Auckland- Asia Pacific Championships- 1st Place (Fastest run)

Tim Olsen, Winner of the 2012 & 2013 Western States 100 mile

Back