No Oppo Supporters Leak of sensitive information - AFL to lead investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's not jump to conclusions before anything is proven. It could be as simple as Daniel Talia texting his brother, saying "see you on Saturday" and Michael replying "nope, not named".

At least I hope so.

wonder what the information was, if true very very disappointing.

So basicly we have a snitch or an informer amongst our coaching staff?

or playing staff? Michael Talia?

s**t just got real, if this was One of our player who wants to leave he should have the book thrown at Him. And if Adelaide used this information they should face sanctions too.

Settle down. It depends what it was and how they used it.

I doubt they'd be that stupid again after what they went through with Tippett.

If it is just him and we crucify him we will get less for him on the trade table.

If it is just him and we crucify him we will get less for him on the trade table.
I'd take nothing at the trade table just to see his career ruined if true. It's essentially match fixing. If guilty he needs a multiple year ban.

No issue with the crows using any information they managed to come across though. Especially if willfully volunteered by a sook who couldn't get a game

All depends on the type of information provided and if it was used I guess. If it pertains to structural set ups and match ups specific to the game, can't help but think that the player in question and Adelaide would be in some form of strife. Will be interesting to see how it plays out and how hard the AFL investigate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's not jump to conclusions before anything is proven. It could be as simple as Daniel Talia texting his brother, saying "see you on Saturday" and Michael replying "nope, not named".

At least I hope so.

I agree that we shouldn't be crucifying anyone before the results of the investigation are made clear, but there's no way the club would have asked the AFL's integrity unit to investigate if the communication was that innocent. Has to be something fairly substantive to it IMO.

Let's be careful here - the club did not name any player in particular and neither should we.

This rumour was all over the board for days. Too much a coincidence for it to be anyone else.

The question is really the extent of what he did.

Let's be careful here - the club did not name any player in particular and neither should we.
And remember the slander of Lachie hunter when he was revealed as the player involved in the betting scandal. Everything has context. Take it easy until the full facts are revealed.

I'd rather lose his trade value than let him get away with it for the sake of draft picks

Yeah it wasn't like we or they pulled any unusual tactics out of the bag.

We lost that game through poor kicking, not any special tactical domination on their part.

Passed on by a bulldogs player? Doesn't say staff so the rumour on this board was true

A lot of it depends of to who the information was shared. There's a fair chance that within Adelaide, the information didn't make its way up to the coaches and analysis - if it did, they'd be in big trouble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back