No Oppo Supporters Leak of sensitive information - AFL to lead investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow what a load of crap.

With player movement on the rise (especially when players know their preferred club in season) this will happen again and it will be very interesting to see what happens. AFL failed this test and we lose out on this one.

M Talia gets away with the ultimate FU in team sports. Game plan sharing is treason

Ah, so one of the elements of the investigation was that the AFL was unable to view the text message conversation between the Talias because Daniel had deleted the messages, and Michael had lost his phone on an end of season trip.

How convenient.

Too bad the AFL didn't get access to the records via the service provider (Telstra, etc).

** oops just saw some of the convo above is on this very topic

Yeah agree but you probably need a court order, which might require a more 'criminal' act? I'd love for it to be done tho
A more criminal act? Breaching confidentiality laws/agreements, leaking information to a direct competitor, pretty close to altering the result of a match. The case is there to destroy M.Talia, the AFL just don't have the balls to make themselves and their organizations look bad.

It was a good culture decision to report the matter.
Bev is passionate and honest. He was really hurting after the Adelaide loss.

It could have been done quietly and we could have received more from trading Talia. As it is we got zip.

Except, I expect and hope the players would respect the club more for standing its ground. We have upheld an essential standard for success - integrity.

There is no immediate reward for integrity - it may even attract ridicule and cynicism.
But the reward may well be a tighter and more galvanized team.

And a coach who the players know is all about team.

What is the burden of proof here. Surely it is within the balance of probability that considering the Cheney and Stratton convo's, reporting to the club, clubs suspicion mid-match, then suddenly deleted text messages and conveniently lost phones that something was up! If this was a civil case, it would absolutely have legs.

Gordon is a shrewd operator with years of experience dealing with the AFL.

He would know better than anyone that there is minimal hope of getting any kind of public verdict on this matter. He would also know the way the AFL protects its gold façade with back alley dealings.

It is possible that by openly dumping this steaming turd of an investigation on the AFL’s lap he is forcing them to flush it and clean up the mess. What that means to us may not become clear for a while if at all, perhaps it is no coincidence that our CEO came out during the week requesting 6 Friday night games next year.

I think it is important to bear that in mind, when as most of us expect we get a fluff outcome from the AFL on this in the coming days.
Come now. Surely no one believes that the AFL would give us 12 night games next year simply because we 'earned' it. I'd say we have been compensated under the table - which when dealing with the AFL is the best outcome we could hope for. Clearly the wording of the press release was not included in the negotiations.

A more criminal act? Breaching confidentiality laws/agreements, leaking information to a direct competitor, pretty close to altering the result of a match. The case is there to destroy M.Talia, the AFL just don't have the balls to make themselves and their organizations look bad.

hey don't get me wrong I'd love them to do it. Just that I assume that level of data retrieval would go beyond the powers of an interity commission and woul likely need the police invovled with a serious criminal charge. Doing those things is crap but not really comparable to murder, terrorosim etc.

It could have been done quietly and we could have received more from trading Talia. As it is we got zip.

Except, I expect and hope the players would respect the club more for standing its ground. We have upheld an essential standard for success - integrity.

There is no immediate reward for integrity - it may even attract ridicule and cynicism.

Talia's value to us was zip. Never could be trusted again. Every club knew it without us opening our mouth.

As I said weeks ago, if other clubs knew about it we were duty bound to report it. And if, no when, a cockroach like Barrett found out about it we would be slammed in the media for a coverup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And seeing Adelaide fans parrot this as a reason why they're innocent is just ******* laughable and indicative of the intelligence of people in South Australia.
The fact that Caro stated that the AFL wanted to "subtly incriminate" the Talia brothers in the media release means that everybody including the AFL knew that they were up to something they just couldn't prove it.

Talias should both be sanctioned for failing to cooperate with the investigation. No phone records showing what was in the text messages have been produced.

Why didn't Strattan get a mention for stupidly reporting a joke ?
Because Kyle Cheney....arbitrarily... stood by his comments as serious until it was investigated out of him that what really happened was he was kidding. Which is lucky because that happened to admonish anyone of blame

The Talia's now have to sue Cheney for defamation.

His mischievous slander and lies have brought the Talia's to ridicule, mistrust, character assassination and caused mental anxiety. He has seriously belittled the whole family.

Just like that West Coast guy who sued Akermanis for saying he took drugs, but couldn't prove it.

Let's see what the Talia's do from here.

The Talia's now have to sue Cheney for defamation.

His mischievous slander and lies have brought the Talia's to ridicule, mistrust, character assassination and caused mental anxiety. He has seriously belittled the whole family.

Just like that West Coast guy who sued Akermanis for saying he took drugs, but couldn't prove it.

Let's see what the Talia's do from here.

Exactly, let's see the Talias sue Cheney for this if they're innocent in this whole ordeal.

Regardless of the 'official' findings, we, the mindless money-spending plebs, know the reality.

Michael Talia is a piece of s**t. Should he somehow manage a game against us next season i look forward to the physical legalities on the field.

Regardless of the 'official' findings, we, the mindless money-spending plebs, know the reality.

Michael Talia is a piece of s**t. Should he somehow manage a game against us next season i look forward to the physical legalities on the field.
I would absolutely love to see Michael Talia lining up in Boyd. Guy'll get eaten

ADELAIDE'S Kyle Cheney is set to be cautioned by the AFL for his role in sparking the investigation into former Bulldog Michael Talia and brother Daniel, after Cheney admitted he was joking when he said the brothers had shared game-sensitive information before last season's elimination final.

Although the Talia brothers are expected to be cleared by the League, it is understood the investigation is not yet finalised with The Age reporting a disagreement between the parties is delaying any kind of announcement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back