LeBron Wingard

Remove this Banner Ad

I gotta say it, Wingard has equaled Polec as my fav player. Ok ok ok, he even tops him. I'm in man love with him. He right now could be the judd we've been waiting for. And to come out and say how he snubbed GWS cos he wanted to play for us, well that tops it. Chad, my daughter is only 5....please wait 15 years for her :)

Great read from Caro about Chad, seems he doesn't like his Lebron nickname lol. I quoted the part relevant to the thread but the whole article is much more interesting.

Chad Wingard, football's hottest young property and the fresh face of reconciliation.

During our conversation, Julie Wingard told her son how surprised she was to read he had asked his teammates to call him LeBron after his Miami Heat basketball idol. As for Wingard, he was horrified and embarrassed at the report.

"It was never something I said like that," he insisted. "I don’t want that nickname. I just admire LeBron so much and everyone wants to be the best, and I just said something like that.

"It’s more of an insult to him because he’s the king of kings and I’m just a little kid playing footy."

Chad Wingard, football's hottest young property and the fresh face of reconciliation.

Arggh.

During his break-out 2013 season, Wingard told his football manager Peter Rohde that his career dream would be to reach the 100-game milestone for Port and then forge a basketball career in the US. This week he reinforced his 100-game ambition. "I think it would be just great to get my name on the locker," Wingard said. "And to have a father-son."

Great read from Caro about Chad, seems he doesn't like his Lebron nickname lol. I quoted the part relevant to the thread but the whole article is much more interesting.

As I posted in the other thread, great story about a terrific family. Chad is a star and his parents as foster parents to kids in need are champions too. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He won't leave. He didn't even want to leave South Australia to play his football.

If you read the article, you'll see that isn't actually true. He says he was wary of the new start up franchise, but that Brisbane were into him and he would have been happy to go there. Said the Giants didn't put any ttime into him at all.

He'd have to be certifiable to give up the offer of another contract with port, likely worth north of $2m, to try and make it as a midget sized point guard.

lucky his contract will take him well over 100 games, be a shame for the sport and the club if he left after 100 games, but good luck to him if he actually succeeds at it. But what a great article about him

He wont go to basketball, Trevor will set him straight........... don't let us down Poppa Wingard

Interesting that Rostrevor College offered him an annual $5k "bribe" on top of a scholarship. Not sure they'd want that info thrown out there.

Interesting that Rostrevor College offered him an annual $5k "bribe" on top of a scholarship. Not sure they'd want that info thrown out there.

Wingard's parents offered him the annual $5000 to take up the Rostrevor scholarship.

Chad is a great and complex kid. A future captain - reminds me of Andrew McLeod who I rate highly on and off the field. Chads feet off the field are so cemented to the ground - it is so refreshing.
It is time he had more time in the midfield