Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
What does that sign mean?

It cant be the World's biggest furniture shop, Ikea is a similar size, and ours is a small Ikea.

It cant be the biggest carpark.

Is it?

The world biggest kiddies ball crawl? Been a while since I have been in it but it was pretty dammed big when I was 5 years old.

Worlds biggest undeveloped piece of lad within 5kays of a Capital City CBD? The North Adelaide site that is.

World Biggest LeCornu's?

I think this is one of the biggest mysteries in Adelaide, the other being the whereabouts of Johnny Haysman.

How do you find that out?

Did they do it with that in mind? Is that sort of stuff actually documented?
I used to live in North Adelaide, back before they demolished the building. I remember walking past it (it curved out from bottom to top) and someone explained it to me. Years ago.

Yes, it probably was documented. Don't ask me where though.

World's biggest collection of circa 1982 red jackets

SANFL say hello.

This is pretty freaky actually, I was just thinking about this the other day.

Is there a picture of this window ? lol never knew about it, gee I :heart: Adelaide so so much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a picture of this window ?

Google image search including "le cornu" throws up all sorts of spurious results so I tried "window+longest+adelaide" and this was one of the early hits:

I call that an omen :cool:

Edited: Mutter, mutter - apparently that image is on a site that BigFooty stops us from linking to. So my little joke is spoiled.
Here's the link if anyone cares - just remove the spaces:

http://www .afl insider .net/images/aflrd1fremantlevadelaidecrows1jljmezeil1.jpg

Worlds Largest

In 1967, the company built what it says was Australia's largest furniture store on O'Connell St in North Adelaide. The company established its current Keswick site in 1970, converting the former Chrysler car assembly plant to "the world's largest full-or-self-service furniture warehouse and airconditioned showroom, complete with a restaurant, a child creche ... and 200 fully decorated room-sized furniture displays".

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/le-cornu-sold-to-former-employee/story-e6freo8c-1111115678053

What does that sign mean?

It cant be the World's biggest furniture shop, Ikea is a similar size, and ours is a small Ikea.

It cant be the biggest carpark.

Is it?

The world biggest kiddies ball crawl? Been a while since I have been in it but it was pretty dammed big when I was 5 years old.

Worlds biggest undeveloped piece of lad within 5kays of a Capital City CBD? The North Adelaide site that is.

World Biggest LeCornu's?

I think this is one of the biggest mysteries in Adelaide, the other being the whereabouts of Johnny Haysman.

hazard do you remember getting banned from there in the late 90's?

Noticed Le Cornu have opened a new store at Tea Tree Plaza (in the old Dick Smiths).

It's a pop-up store (hence the black and gold branding for this store as opposed to it's iconic red). Would be interesting to see how long it lasts.

Also, once they move out, will Makris take it over and leave it abandoned for 30 years...:D

Noticed Le Cornu have opened a new store at Tea Tree Plaza (in the old Dick Smiths).

It's a pop-up store (hence the black and gold branding for this store as opposed to it's iconic red). Would be interesting to see how long it lasts.

Also, once they move out, will Makris take it over and leave it abandoned for 30 years...:D
Happy days!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back