Left or Right-Handed?

Are you Left or Right-Handed?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm weird. Anything that needs fine control and skill I do left-handed, like writing, using scissors, cutting vegies, soldering, using hand-saws, chisels, screwdrivers etc. Things that need power I do on my right like throwing, bowling, chopping wood, casting a fishing rod. I kick on my right too.

I voted before reading the thread - thinking I was ambidextrous.
But now I've read through the thread I'm not so sure...

I can bowl both left and right ( pace and spin ) with right faster and more dominant, bat both left and right - left being more dominant.
I kick a footy equally on both sides and have since I was 8 years old though handballing feels more natural right.
Writing - right
golf - can play either but dominant on right
tennis and squash - right

I agree with someone earlier who said it can be trained ( to a degree ) .

What I found most interesting was a psyche profile I had completed in a leadership and management course recently - it tested the 4 main areas of the brain (upper and lower left and right sides) and it's functionality under normal load and stress...not bragging because, well, no one cares, but I was the first subject in the trainers 10 years with a perfect square profile ( i.e all 4 parts of the brain worked in equal proportions ) . Generally a person will be left upper or right lower quadrant dominant and this is exacerbated under stress....mine was weirdly perfectly square.
I felt chuffed at the time when another in the group asked before our results were shown " what's the ideal CEO brain map profile ? " to which the trainer replied "well, hypothetically it's a perfect square..but we've never seen that before........until today !!"

And, well, now I'm a CEO*

*and cleaner, director, copy boy, manager, secretary, bookkeeper etc etc in my own business :)

I'm almost opposite of Silverscope on the 1st page.

Eat left-handed
throw, bowl, kick on the left
bat/swing for all sports of similar action, right-handed
guitar right-handed
Here's the fun part.. Drums, left handed, but I never bothered to reverse my pedals so they're setup in the traditional right-footed fashion. No sharing kits at any gigs for me. :D

Eat, throw, bowl, kick, cast, scissors, on the left too. Golf, Baseball, cricket bat, hockey stick right hand. Shooting rifles, pistols left and right. Guitar and Rocket Launchers right side (they don't make lefties pfffttt), katana right hand. Any other weapon either hand.

I'm weird. Anything that needs fine control and skill I do left-handed, like writing, using scissors, cutting vegies, soldering, using hand-saws, chisels, screwdrivers etc. Things that need power I do on my right like throwing, bowling, chopping wood, casting a fishing rod. I kick on my right too.
Identical.
Squash left hand, tennis right hand :/

Can kick off either foot though

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Left, though the more I think about it the more I probably should have picked ambidextrous.

Bowl right handed, throw both, bat both, kick left foot (though competent on my right), write with my left hand (can do decent enough job right handed though), play guitar left handed (tried right, it was an unco-ordinated nightmare), alternate most other tasks between both though will more often than not start out left.