Leicester City - 1 Time Champion of England

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah, the Xmas party! Probably a good time to squeeze it in since they play on Monday (Tuesday morning for us)

From what I can see:
James – Leonardo
Drinkwater – Raphael
King – Michelangelo
Hamer – Donatello (Yeah, that was random)
Vardy – White Power Ranger (Interesting… choice)
Kramaric – Bowser
Schmichael – Mr Incredible
Simpson – Spiderman (He was dressed as that on his Instagram)
Huth – Batman (You read that right)
De Laet – Ezio
Okazaki – Bananaman

I think Mahrez is Ironman. I don’t know who Pacman nor the Black Power Ranger are.

I was also wrong about Simpson. Who knew that he could provide that extra bit of defensive security? I can only hope that he has also turned a new leaf over as a person as well.

I'd say you're right about Vardy. Now the pressure is off, and we can focus on good decision making for goals (it's OK, Vardy will go on another streak again).

Still, on top after 15 games. We've actually been on top more than United have since Fergie left! (12 days vs 10 days for United)

Here's another fun fact: No team that has ever led after 15 games has finished below 6th... hmm...

Ah, the Xmas party! Probably a good time to squeeze it in since they play on Monday (Tuesday morning for us)

From what I can see:
James – Leonardo
Drinkwater – Raphael
King – Michelangelo
Hamer – Donatello (Yeah, that was random)
Vardy – White Power Ranger (Interesting… choice)
Kramaric – Bowser
Schmichael – Mr Incredible
Simpson – Spiderman (He was dressed as that on his Instagram)
Huth – Batman (You read that right)
De Laet – Ezio
Okazaki – Bananaman

I think Mahrez is Ironman. I don’t know who Pacman nor the Black Power Ranger are.

I was also wrong about Simpson. Who knew that he could provide that extra bit of defensive security? I can only hope that he has also turned a new leaf over as a person as well.

I'd say you're right about Vardy. Now the pressure is off, and we can focus on good decision making for goals (it's OK, Vardy will go on another streak again).

Still, on top after 15 games. We've actually been on top more than United have since Fergie left! (12 days vs 10 days for United)

Here's another fun fact: No team that has ever led after 15 games has finished below 6th... hmm...
You need to put those last 2 stats in the new gameweek thread this week!

Apparently, they only had one day in Copenhagen.

I agree, Danny Simpson has been on fire. It's still a bit hard to like him as DV is unforgivable but hopefully he is a changed man and has learnt from his mistake.

I wonder if Chelsea will bring their EPL or Champions League performance next week.

How good is this lads?! How bloody good is this!

Mourinho: "My players have to be humble. They have to look at the Leicester boys and think they are the real stars."

xmasbiggrin.gif

So crazy. Apparently Lineker will host the first MOTD next season in his undies if lcfc win the premiership. I love Googling Leicester and just having an abundance of articles to read.

Did anyone watch the game? I'm in Perth so it started at 4.00am and I slept through my alarm and forgot to record it. When I was driving to work this morning at like 5.30 am, I was being a bit irresponsible and kept refreshing my phone, I was freaking out

Tough 3 matches ahead. Everton and Liverpool away then Man City at home in less than a 2 week period.

This guy's tweet cracked me up...

I just noticed something weird. Hazard got 14 goals and 9 assists last season in his POTY season. Mahrez is on 11 goals and 7 assists, and it's not even Christmas.

To think if Mahrez matches those stats, he'll also have more goals then Tony Cottee's haul in 99/00. Talk about a season!

I just noticed something weird. Hazard got 14 goals and 9 assists last season in his POTY season. Mahrez is on 11 goals and 7 assists, and it's not even Christmas.

To think if Mahrez matches those stats, he'll also have more goals then Tony Cottee's haul in 99/00. Talk about a season!

Mahrez and Ozil have been the 2 best players this season..

Pretty sure I'm in euphoria right now. Listening to this guy on the radio crying to Savage nearly made me want to cry http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03cl1cc

Apparently, its the first time in history that a team has gone from being bottom of the league one year to being top of the league the following. And to have teams like Man United and Liverpool lose in games like they did on the weekend is really helping us too.

Did anyone read about that guy who put 5 pounds on Leicester in the preseason to be top of ladder at Xmas time? He has now made 5,000 pounds, a 1000% ROI. Crazy!

Pretty sure I'm in euphoria right now. Listening to this guy on the radio crying to Savage nearly made me want to cry http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03cl1cc

Apparently, its the first time in history that a team has gone from being bottom of the league one year to being top of the league the following. And to have teams like Man United and Liverpool lose in games like they did on the weekend is really helping us too.

Did anyone read about that guy who put 5 pounds on Leicester in the preseason to be top of ladder at Xmas time? He has now made 5,000 pounds, a 1000% ROI. Crazy!

First in PL history. Norwich did it in 88/89, and Burnley in 26/27. Mind you, to do it now in this day and age is nothing short of amazing. If this keeps up, I might start to think about Championship 13/14, because I'm seeing a lot of similarities between that season and this. Of course, we've still got to take it one game at a time... speaking of, Liverpool... I know it's ripe for the taking... but really, I just want revenge for that 2-2 game more than anything.

Heh, I would've totally done that, except for the fact that whenever I do put coin on something, it never works, at all. I can get someone else to do so, but never myself, lol. Amazing what a bet just for the lulz can do.

I'm hoping for an Arsenal-City draw, but even then the next goal in my mind is 1st on New Years. The next three games will be a test of our rotation abilities (Liverpool, City, and Bournemouth). Wasyl and King have proven they can carry things on (like there was any doubt in the first place), I approve of the idea of De Laet as a backup winger in case of holding down the fort, and I still feel that Inler will get his chance to spread his wings. I know the reports say that Drinkwater should be fit for Liverpool, but I'd personally hold off on him and get him right for City. No need to rush him in, make sure he's fully fit and ready to go. The last thing we need are avoidable injuries.

I wonder what Ranieri will quote our next target to be? (I know why he does it, he's not giving the media any chance to strike should things falter)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually thought Leicester were respectable against Manchester City. But according to Mark Bosnich, Manchester City should have been really disappointed that they lost. Watching him speak after the game, I haven't heard anyone more pessimistic about Leicester in the last few weeks. According to him Leicester won't win the Premiership (which I know is highly likely but I think it's a bit harsh to write them off) and that Leicester should be happy with what they've done but pretty much their successful streak is coming to an end, they are now too predictable and they will fizzle out (he didn't use that exact term). Listening to him speak about Leicester though, I feel like he doesn't watch them play that often.

But he just made me so angry that he had little respect for Leicester and had written them off.

I actually thought Leicester were respectable against Manchester City. But according to Mark Bosnich, Manchester City should have been really disappointed that they lost. Watching him speak after the game, I haven't heard anyone more pessimistic about Leicester in the last few weeks. According to him Leicester won't win the Premiership (which I know is highly likely but I think it's a bit harsh to write them off) and that Leicester should be happy with what they've done but pretty much their successful streak is coming to an end, they are now too predictable and they will fizzle out (he didn't use that exact term). Listening to him speak about Leicester though, I feel like he doesn't watch them play that often.

But he just made me so angry that he had little respect for Leicester and had written them off.
Oh good, so that wasn't just me! That really pissed me off yesterday.

He clearly doesn't watch us - we've played the same gameplan all season. Now all of a sudden it's 'predictable'. I really hope we prove the git wrong

* that was hard to watch. Definitely 2 points dropped (and only 2 points against Bournemouth in the league).

We desperately need to bring another striker in. We just cannot rely on Ulloa or Okazaki when Vardy fails to fire. It's an absolute must if we want to kick on.

I was going to say in regards to the Aussie media, I don't think anyone on Victorian radio takes us seriously. They were talking about Lukaku before the Leicester game, and were treating it as a sure win (Leicester WILL drop off, they say), and they were confident Lukaku was going to break Vardy's record on this basis that Lukaku and Everton were a very good team with 5 winnable fixtures coming up.

In regards to the now, yeah... amazing how our priority changes over time. At the start of the season; we had our top scorer, an exciting talent, Japan's number 9, and our pacey hardworking Number 9, with RB our biggest worry. Now we have England's number 9, two donkeys, and a bloke that Ranieri thinks is worse than the other two, with two very good RBs.

Our currency is the highest it's going to be. Splash the cash and get us an Embolo, Slimani, or even Grey on the wings, someone of quality.

Of course, it should be noted as nice as it is to get us that supporting striker, I think the midfield needs to lift its game in regards to contribution. A nice even spread is all we ask, chip in once a while, it will help ease things.

I miss Schlupp...

Don't like Slimani so I hope it's not him. But we do desperately need a striker. Kram would have been ideal last night and he wasn't even on the bench!

Looks like Grey has had his medical. Think that spells the end of Tom Lawrence if I'm honest.

No goals in 3 games is a worry, especially with 2 games against Tottenham coming up.

Out of curiosity, why don't you like Slimani? I've seen him more than a few times for Algeria, and the two (Mahrez) combine very nicely. I think it would be a good boost if we manage to get him (and might convince Mahrez to stay.)

But yeah, Grey is confirmed! Good old buyout clause. Only 19 and played vitally two full seasons. I wouldn't say it's the end of Lawerance, I think he's doing well for Blackburn, and I suspect there's something to come back to next season.

I'd say slip him in for FA Tottenham, and see how he goes. Get him up to speed on his requirements.

That's a good start! I wonder what's next...? Rumours of De Jong and Arias persisting... certainly a lot of rumours regarding RBs. Nothing about a Striker.

With Vardy out, who do you think should be our leading man for FA Tottenham? I'm leaning towards Okazaki, because surely Japan's number 9 can deliver something, right? (That and he did score a fair bit for Mainz).

Oh, I've just completed my table projector! It still needs a few tweaks though. Currently it projects us for 3rd. While I think the bottom half looks rather good, I've only got the current top 4 finishing with 60+. The next best is United with 57.

Out of curiosity, why don't you like Slimani? I've seen him more than a few times for Algeria, and the two (Mahrez) combine very nicely. I think it would be a good boost if we manage to get him (and might convince Mahrez to stay.)

But yeah, Grey is confirmed! Good old buyout clause. Only 19 and played vitally two full seasons. I wouldn't say it's the end of Lawerance, I think he's doing well for Blackburn, and I suspect there's something to come back to next season.

I'd say slip him in for FA Tottenham, and see how he goes. Get him up to speed on his requirements.

That's a good start! I wonder what's next...? Rumours of De Jong and Arias persisting... certainly a lot of rumours regarding RBs. Nothing about a Striker.

With Vardy out, who do you think should be our leading man for FA Tottenham? I'm leaning towards Okazaki, because surely Japan's number 9 can deliver something, right? (That and he did score a fair bit for Mainz).

Oh, I've just completed my table projector! It still needs a few tweaks though. Currently it projects us for 3rd. While I think the bottom half looks rather good, I've only got the current top 4 finishing with 60+. The next best is United with 57.
I don't think Mahrez is here long term and we already have 2 other striker who are so so. I'd prefer we target someone who's played and succeeded in the league. I'd love to get Charlie Austin in for instance.

I'd heard Lawrence wasn't going too well at Blackburn (as in wasn't being picked regularly)?

Yep, would have Gray in straight away against Tottenham. Give Mahrez a rest. He looked very average against Bournemouth which was disappointing (but highlighted how far he's come).

De Jong is an interesting one. Guarantees Inler leaves. I like Inler but De Jong does have PL experience. Can you imagine De Jong and Kante side by side? No one get's past that pairing!

Yeah Okazaki probably starts for me. Neither fill me with any confidence - I can't see us getting anything from these two games.

I don't think Mahrez is here long term and we already have 2 other striker who are so so. I'd prefer we target someone who's played and succeeded in the league. I'd love to get Charlie Austin in for instance.

I'd heard Lawrence wasn't going too well at Blackburn (as in wasn't being picked regularly)?

Yep, would have Gray in straight away against Tottenham. Give Mahrez a rest. He looked very average against Bournemouth which was disappointing (but highlighted how far he's come).

De Jong is an interesting one. Guarantees Inler leaves. I like Inler but De Jong does have PL experience. Can you imagine De Jong and Kante side by side? No one get's past that pairing!

Yeah Okazaki probably starts for me. Neither fill me with any confidence - I can't see us getting anything from these two games.

I’d like to think optimistically that probably only the really big clubs of the continent are the only ones that can turn his head. I think the national chemistry counts, but fair enough about tried and proven. Austin would be nice, but it’s at that awkward period of 6 months left. I mean, you can get him for a free in 6 months, but at the same time, we do need another striker now. I think QPR would think of him more valuable for 6 months than to sell him off for a fraction.

Quite the contrary, it seems like both club and player have chosen to extend his stay. Every time I see Blackburn, I see him there.

I know what you mean, many players have certainly raised their standards. I think it’s safe to say that we’re holding Vardy, Kante, Fuchs, and Drinkwater to high standards. It is very important that we rotate our players to ensure they are all performing as well as they should. The last three games have highlighted the flatness somewhat.

De Jong in the rooms would be great, but I am a bit weary on where he stands. I mean, I think he was one of their better players last season, but this season is a very different one. Not to mention, previous experiences with Inler and Cambiasso make me unsure what we’re going to get. De Jong has experience, but he hasn’t had the game time. It might take a few games to get him up and going. We do have a few good opportunities to ween them in, but we’d need to do it early.

Speaking of Inler, it does raise another question; how is it that we have two similar aged international captains of two very similar ability countries (and one could argue Inler is the better player over the career, but they seem similar in terms of overall ability), yet have one that is pretty much the best LB in the league, yet the other is a 4th choice CM? (While we’re at it, Schalke fans were suggesting Fuchs couldn’t defend for crap… I don’t ever remember being this confident with a full back since… ever.)

Who knows… maybe Vardy’s injury is a blessing? I mean, if we can get one looking anything like Vardy did, I mean, the positives are huge. Vardy’s stress will be less, we make ourselves more unpredictable, and we’ll let the good times roll.

Speaking of… if anyone picks up any ‘unusual’ injuries:

#NoFuchsGiven

I’d like to think optimistically that probably only the really big clubs of the continent are the only ones that can turn his head. I think the national chemistry counts, but fair enough about tried and proven. Austin would be nice, but it’s at that awkward period of 6 months left. I mean, you can get him for a free in 6 months, but at the same time, we do need another striker now. I think QPR would think of him more valuable for 6 months than to sell him off for a fraction.

Quite the contrary, it seems like both club and player have chosen to extend his stay. Every time I see Blackburn, I see him there.

I know what you mean, many players have certainly raised their standards. I think it’s safe to say that we’re holding Vardy, Kante, Fuchs, and Drinkwater to high standards. It is very important that we rotate our players to ensure they are all performing as well as they should. The last three games have highlighted the flatness somewhat.

De Jong in the rooms would be great, but I am a bit weary on where he stands. I mean, I think he was one of their better players last season, but this season is a very different one. Not to mention, previous experiences with Inler and Cambiasso make me unsure what we’re going to get. De Jong has experience, but he hasn’t had the game time. It might take a few games to get him up and going. We do have a few good opportunities to ween them in, but we’d need to do it early.

Speaking of Inler, it does raise another question; how is it that we have two similar aged international captains of two very similar ability countries (and one could argue Inler is the better player over the career, but they seem similar in terms of overall ability), yet have one that is pretty much the best LB in the league, yet the other is a 4th choice CM? (While we’re at it, Schalke fans were suggesting Fuchs couldn’t defend for crap… I don’t ever remember being this confident with a full back since… ever.)

Who knows… maybe Vardy’s injury is a blessing? I mean, if we can get one looking anything like Vardy did, I mean, the positives are huge. Vardy’s stress will be less, we make ourselves more unpredictable, and we’ll let the good times roll.

#NoFuchsGiven
I was speaking to my QPR mate about it today actually. He thinks QPR will want to sell him as they'll actually get something financial for him now whereas they'll lose him for nothing in the summer. We could probably get him for around 8mil and I think it would be worth it. No point waiting for the summer - we've got a glorious chance to push on this season and should take full advantage.

Well that's good to hear then. I do worry he won't ever really make it to the first 11 but to be fair, we've improved out of sight since the time he joined us.

I think De Jong for Inler is much of a muchness. Don't mind either way with that one. I like Inler but can understand him wanting to play ahead of the Euros.

#nofuchsgiven is probably the greatest thing online. What a signing he was for us (and for free!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back