Leicester City - 1 Time Champion of England

Remove this Banner Ad

How ******* good lads?! HOW ******* GOOD! What a result!

We just continue to surprise (especially me!). Absolute thunder header from Huth.

What pleases me is how bloody well our defense has done of late. They've become such a good unit after a leaky start to the season.

That's 2 games at the Lane in 3 or 4 days and we took essentially 4 points (should have been 6) from the 2 fixtures. Simply outstanding!

How ******* good lads?! HOW ******* GOOD! What a result!

We just continue to surprise (especially me!). Absolute thunder header from Huth.

What pleases me is how bloody well our defense has done of late. They've become such a good unit after a leaky start to the season.

That's 2 games at the Lane in 3 or 4 days and we took essentially 4 points (should have been 6) from the 2 fixtures. Simply outstanding!

Was fantastic. We did very well to hold them at bay.

That's three clean sheets in a row! Kasper is now officially in the top 10 for keepers with clean sheets! What a performance! Get in D-Team! I mean, keeping it clean and scoring goals? Against Tottenham and Man City? Fantastic! (Any one of Kasper, Huth, and Fuchs could get MOTM)

Ranieri has certainly got his Italian Defence all set up, they all look so organised. Best bit is that I'm feeling more confident that should anything happen to our defenders, we've got very good cover ready to step up. I think it's safe to say that we've proven ourselves to be a complete team, not just riding off the backs of Vardy and Mahrez.

However, we must continue the good work. The Spurs win will be for naught if we don't put away Villa. I feel more confident that Palace has lost to them, I had a bad feeling that they would've gotten at least a draw out of us had Palace won. It is very important for us to get back on the winning run, we've got to take as many points as we can from Villa and Stoke before Pool, City, and Arsenal. After that, run free!

We're back level with Arsenal. Oh I hope Stoke does us two favours (well, just one, because the 2nd we should be doing ourselves.)

Okazaki looked great, we can play Vardy short again against Villa, give him a rest against Replay Tottenham, and then be ready to go against Stoke. I also feel that Leo did his role well, and actually contributed to Huth's goal by taking up the attention of the Spurs defenders.

I think Grey should start against Villa, just so he can get some quality time into the side, and well, Albrighton's performance was a little lacking.

Yes, it certainly looked like a return to old form, but only now does it seem like we're combining our defensive build with our attacking game and are becoming more all rounded. If I recall correctly, we didn't even give Stoke that many chances at all. Felt really confident with the defense, especially Schmeichel taking control of the area.

I have to give credit to Simpson, because I think that's probably the best game I've seen him play. Completely had the game under control.

The fact that the goals came for Drinkwater, Vardy, and Ulloa (hey, he did pretty well, actually), as well as an assist for Mahrez I think is a very vital boost of confidence as we have found our touch at the right time. Suddenly 7 from the last three doesn't seem so bad.

I really like the innovation from corners. Mixing and matching instead of 'same old, same old.' The fans wanted something to be done, and by Jove, the team delivers. Now we look killer at corners, and we're defending them like a boss (the three men up tactic to force some Stoke defenders back and make it easier for Kasper against the taller team? Clever! It also shows that Vardy and Mahrez has built quite the reputation, huzzah deadly finishing!)

Now, the next three, and I'll tell you one thing, I think it's a blessing we've been knocked out (God, that was dirty), because between now and Liverpool, they will have played two cup games in the lead up, while Vardy and co have a chance to gain fitness for the long run. City also have two cup games and the midweek game when we play them. It gets even better as Arsenal not only have a cup game, but also a tough game against Barca (yeah, at home, but still, a very critical game if Arsenal have any ambition to progress).

Mate, these three tough games could not have been any better timed. We have freshness on our side, and we need to use it. As long as take our more rounded attacking game to the three, then I feel like we could really get something out of this.

What do you think is the pass mark for these three games?

Hello fellow fox fans,thought it was about
time i stuck my head in this thread.
Have been Leicester all my life having
been born there and my old man
being a regular at Filbert st in the fifties.

Wow how good is it to be Leicester right now.
Still cant quite beleave it.

Fav. alltime players are Keith Weller,Steve Whiteworth
Peter Shilton,Mark Wallington,Jon Sammels,Dennis Rofe,Gary Lineker,Muzzy Izzet and now Riyad Mahrez and the Party.
Anyhow lets hope it keeps going
GO THE FOSSE
FOXES NEVER QUIT.

Last edited:
Just a thought.
Do you think its because we
found King Richard lll and buried
him properly?:)

Hello fellow fox fans,thought it was about
time i stuck my head in this thread.
Have been Leicester all my life having
been born there and my old man
being a regular at Filbert st in the fifties.

Wow how good is it to be Leicester right now.
Still cant quite beleave it.

Fav. alltime players are Keith Weller,Steve Whiteworth
Peter Shilton,Mark Wallington,Jon Sammels,Dennis Rofe,Gary Lineker,Muzzy Izzet and now Riyad Mahrez and the Party.
Anyhow lets hope it keeps going
GO THE FOSSE
FOXES NEVER QUIT.

The more the merrier! Welcome!

I don't think any of us can believe it. We're going to be entering Feb as the top team. I will tell you one thing, if we see out the next three games with favourable results, I will tell you one thing: We have an excellent opportunity to at least secure a CL place, because we don't play another top 4 side this season. We've only got United and Chelsea at the very end, and I suspect that they'll be more focused on giving the kids a go by that point.

Basically, we have the easiest run home after the next three, and we all know what we did last season when given that opportunity to finish the season off. Combine that with the fact that we don't have cup competitions like the others to worry about... well then, let's make sure we put in the hard yards. A result against both Arsenal and City will be key.

Being top of the table also means we can sell a proper dream to those that want to make history.

As for King Dicky, well, it isn't any coincidence.

$(KGrHqV,!n0FHdW0,VsyBR9UrDPTfQ~~60_35.JPG

Think it was the 22nd of March he was properly buried, so I think the Tottenham 4-3 is where we started things off.

A fun little thing for sure, it has certainly added some cultural value to the City of Leicester, especially finally finding and answering all of the big questions about the man himself and historically one of the biggest events in English history. Amazing to think that his tomb would go forgotten like that for so long.

What can you say? A lot of good vibes going on in the City of Leicester, that's for sure!

Was in Leicester and Leicestershire for a few
days in sept/oct 2013 and yeah there was a
sense of pride about the city and shire.

Managed to get to one city game,when we
beat Huddersfield 2-1. The party scored that
day to.
Was a great atmosphere at King Power
People very friendly and passionate
about their club.

Was just on YouTube having a look at some of Leicester videos and came across one called fairy tale of the Walkers done to the Fairytale of New York.
Would put it up but I don't know how. Not very computer savvy
but I thought it would be worth a look if you haven't seen it. :)

Just saw there's two different versions.
The other one is Fairytale of Leicester

Last edited:
Was just on YouTube having a look at some of Leicester videos and came across one called fairy tale of the Walkers done to the Fairytale of New York.
Would put it up but I don't know how. Not very computer savvy
but I thought it would be worth a look if you haven't seen it. :)

Just saw there's two different versions.
The other one is Fairytale of Leicester
You can copy and paste the address straight into your post and it will provide a link :thumbsu: Looking forward to giving it a watch.

Our business over January:

Main Squad Focus:

Ins:
Demarai Gray (LW)– Birmingham City - £3.7.
Daniel Amartey (CB) – Copenhagen - £5m
Daniel Iversen (GK) – Esbjerg Fb – £100k

Outs (Note: All loans)
Andrej Kramaric (ST) – Hoffenheim
Ritchie De Laet (RB) – Middlesbrough
Yohan Benalouane (CB) – Fiorentina
Tom Lawrence (AM) – Cardiff City
Liam Moore (CB) - MK Dons

(Note: Stankevicius and McCourt left permanently. Panayiotou left on loan)

We started out pretty well, but I can't help but feel that we have disappointed ourselves in the last week or so. I mean, Kramaric was always going to go on loan, but to lose De Laet and Benny on the last day to loans? I guess we all know what role Amarty will be playing. Also this means we'll see more Wasyl as backup.

Something disappointing I did hear was that Benny was really after a permanent. While it has to be acknowledged getting into the team was a tough gig considering Huth and Morgan's quality, but I guess it can be frustrating, especially when we are playing Wasyl ahead of him. Don't me wrong, he has been solid, and I know he would do a fine job with more game time, but I can't help but thing there will be a serious review about his future with us, even with Wasyl's retirement to come.

Of course, I think the most disappointing thing is that for all the talk of a striker, we never actually got one to grace us. Remy wanted a lot of coin, Musa did seem like a huge risk considering the price, and the others seemed to prefer the larger clubs. I thought our standing would do better in enticing a hungry striker to take the reigns, but it seems like money was a big deal, considering some players want to go to 'bigger' clubs and the fact that thanks to the new TV deal, clubs want our money.

I like the additions, we're building towards a good future, but I'm a little worried about our striking stocks at the moment. I can back Okazaki, but if we suffer an injury to Vardy, we're going to need a striker amongst our youth prospects to step up, and unless we're using Mahrez there again, it's time for Joe Dodoo it seems.

I'm backing the players to take us into the next 15 games though, I'm sure we can still make something magical happen, and show the world that we are truly capable of going the distance.

Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bitterly disappointed with the lack of striker. Just annoys me that CR spoke of it 2 weeks ago but we only started talking to striker in the last couple of days. Why leave it so late?!

Kram does have a call back option in his loan so if worse comes to worse we can get him back. Dodoo could work but only against the lesser teams ideally.

I think even if we make top 4 this season, it will still be hard to attract the top talent. Purely based on the fact no one will expect us to make top 4 again.

I know. It's just, so much time to find someone to support and potentially lead along with Vardy and Okazaki.

The good news is that we've got plenty of games to wean Dodoo in if we need to. A nice run of 4 games after Arsenal. Of course, there are no such things as easy games, and Sunderland and Newcastle will be desperate for points.

That's the thing, the one thing we really needed was that 'next level up,' a player that's not only willing to help us secure to top 4, maybe more, but to put us in a good spot to somehow contend again and go along with the owners' vision of being a Top 5 team. It's all about the steps. When City signed Robinho, it was a sign of things to come. Sure he flopped, but it set the platform up to those that wanted to take the team to the next level.

The summer is going to be very interesting for us. But for the sake of sanity, we cannot talk about that until we know exactly where stand.

Liverpool tomorrow. I'm interested to see what both the team and bench look like. Let's kick things off well.

For some weird reason, just later on in the season, I can picture a team where Amarety, Chiwell, Fuchs and Schlupp are all playing at the same time (Amartey RB, Chiwell LB, Fuchs potentially CB and Schlupp LW.) The thing is, without Benny and De Laet, suddenly we look rather thin in defense, especially on the right. Unless Fuchs suddenly informs us all he can play RB. Fortune favours the brave, they say, let's hope this is the case.

Agreed. Not happy with it.

Valid. Not sure I'd trust him to perform if we were chasing the title still. Not his fault at all, he just has no experience.

Will be interested to see how we go tomorrow. I think it will be high scoring, I'm just hoping we can eke it out.

Yeah not sure the method behind loaning everyone out. I presume like Kram, they'd all have call back options if required.

I can only hope that we can wean some of our more promising players during the 'good' run. I mean, if they could perform to a good level while we're fighting for Top 4, it's a big plus for our future. It seems that's the problem with us if you're a young/fringe players. Last season, we were fighting for our lives; this season, we're fighting for the title. I do kinda wonder what Lawrence, Kramaric, Inler, and Benny's performances would've been like if we were performing consistently like Stoke.

Yeah, Klopp's tactics combined with our shelling out in that game was probably the worst game we played all season. Their defense is there for the taking, and well, we're not Norwich in defense. I'd say if we play our usual game, we could really kick things off with a nice win. That said, they may be down on usual numbers, but they certainly won't make it easy.

You would think so, unless there's some sort of rule that prevents it (I doubt it.) Still, our players will be getting game time. At least, I hope they will be. Kramaric's got a case of deja vu with Hoffenheim, Benny's potentially in a title race, De Laet (and Nugent) to show how promotion is done (though I heard rumours that De Laet may actually be backup for Boro. If that's the case, we may have seen the last of him.) Lawrence will need one good spell with Cardiff, because I think he's on his last chance with us next season. We've got Gray now, and if he can't show that he's as good as Grey after two years of regular game time... yeah.

Another great win by the lads!:)
Unfortunately I don't have Foxtel, haven't seen a game all year so look forward to coming in here to see your reviews.
Thanks for the good work.
GO THE FOSSE

Yeah i do watch highlights on fox sport when I have
access to PC
Only have a s***** Samsung Mini at the moment.
Prepaid also so it tends to use a lot of credit if I watch videos.
I follow games by listening to 5live and on my phone.

Yeah i do watch highlights on fox sport when I have
access to PC
Only have a s***** Samsung Mini at the moment.
Prepaid also so it tends to use a lot of credit if I watch videos.
I follow games by listening to 5live and on my phone.
Ahhh my bad.

Can you see videos on here ok? I'm sure I can find the video to post here.

Ahhh my bad.

Can you see videos on here ok? I'm sure I can find the video to post here.
Cant seem to pick up that link.
Can get onto you tube though

No. Not even getting avatars at the moment
still getting youtube videos though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back