Not open for further replies.

caterina

Cancelled
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Looks like a perfect night for footy if the rain stays away

Great to be playing again on ANZAC Day

Both teams coming off poor losses, will be looking to improve tonight.

There has been lots of niggle between Freo and North posters on BF over the last couple of years, only made worse by pinchgate. I have to say though I think a lot of North people admirably took their lumps after their team disintegrated the way it did at the end of 2012, and I reckon they are collectively among the best and most knowledgeable boards.

Lets smash them into next week please boys.

FREO

B Zac Dawson, Luke McPharlin, Lee Spurr

HB Danyle Pearce, Michael Johnson, Paul Duffield

C Cameron Sutcliffe, Ryan Crowley, David Mundy

HF Nat Fyfe, Matthew Pavlich, Matt de Boer

F Chris Mayne, Zac Clarke, Lachie Neale

FOL Aaron Sandilands, Tendai Mzungu, Stephen Hill

I/C Nick Suban, Hayden Crozier, Clancee Pearce, Tom Sheridan

NORTH

B Michael Firrito, Nathan Grima, Luke McDonald

HB Sam Gibson, Joel Tippett, Shaun Atley

C Nick Dal Santo, Ryan Bastinac, Levi Greenwood

HF Lindsay Thomas, Aaron Black, Ben Cunnington

F Leigh Adams, Drew Petrie, Lachlan Hansen

FOL Todd Goldstein, Jack Ziebell, Brent Harvey

I/C Robin Nahas, Brad McKenzie, Aaron Mullett, Majak Daw

PREDICTION

Fremantle by 29 points, the same number as worn by B Harvey

North fans think Aaron Black is as good/better than Jack Gunston. They think Brent Harvey is a good bloke. Would hardly say that's knowledgeable...but to be fair the majority of them are pretty good. I am somewhat nervous about tonight, just that negative feeling which I haven't had for 2 seasons, really important to protect the home ground fortress.

I'm not sure what it is about the North posters on BF but they are just the worst. In their view North has the best youngsters in the comp (untrue), Boomer Harvey is the best midfeilder of the last 20 years (untrue) and North is a shining light and example for all smaller clubs to follow (it's not). They are obnoxious, defensive and generally irritating. In saying that I know a bunch of North supporters in the real world who are great. Maybe it's the mentality that their BF community has adopted.

Anyway,I'm starting to feel less bullet proof then 5 weeks ago, but I have faith Ross will have us Purring by the pointy end of the year.

Freo by 35

I'm not sure what it is about the North posters on BF but they are just the worst. In their view North has the best youngsters in the comp (untrue), Boomer Harvey is the best midfeilder of the last 20 years (untrue) and North is a shining light and example for all smaller clubs to follow (it's not). They are obnoxious, defensive and generally irritating. In saying that I know a bunch of North supporters in the real world who are great. Maybe it's the mentality that their BF community has adopted.

Anyway,I'm starting to feel less bullet proof then 5 weeks ago, but I have faith Ross will have us Purring by the pointy end of the year.

Freo by 35

Really? I can see that was the case a couple of years ago but I actually think they are much more measured now.
Anyway they do have a lot of good young players, that's obvious. Harvey is not the best midfielder by a long shot but he is a good and damaging player, if he wasn't a good player he wouldn't be tagged by Crowley.

Really? I can see that was the case a couple of years ago but I actually think they are much more measured now.
Anyway they do have a lot of good young players, that's obvious. Harvey is not the best midfielder by a long shot but he is a good and damaging player, if he wasn't a good player he wouldn't be tagged by Crowley.

Perhaps they have changed their ways. I've always had a particular distaste for North and Hawthorn so maybe I have failed to notice.

Nah with Carlton, Norf have always comfortably had the worst supporters on this site.

There are a few choice individuals, but we have a few of those ourselves. You see lots of rubbish on every board. What I haven't on their board this week are pages spent vilifying a player's wife just because she is not a supermodel. But I have seen realistic appraisals of their team, and some genuinely knowledgeable posts about the opposition, and footy in general. Been more informative reading their preview threads than ours.
Anyway, back to the game, I actually think we will tag Dal Santo not Harvey. Could be a massive non event the whole Crowley Harvey rematch. They will try and double team Pav the whole game with Hansen third man up, who can make Hansen accountable?

Last edited:
If Harvey gets a run on, then Crowley may switch to him but I think he will start on Dal Santo as well.

Will be interesting to see how Ross structures up our forward line.

Atley has been playing more in the midfield but if he does play half back, the dreaded defensive forward role will be used. DeBoer I guess will therefore be forward again. We need some other marking target down there or Pav will just be swamped all day.
I'm more interested to see how we approach the contested ball, we are getting too many players sucked into the contest and every team now knows all you have to do is blindly fling it out the back or sideways and you will have the numerical advantage. Drove me crazy watching that last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Somehow, this is one of the those matches that's going to be hard to swallow if we lost it. I admit it's mainly due to pinchgate. As a fan, the Crowley/Harvey incident really stirs up a lot of emotions, and I'm not sure how I'll deal with it if north wins with BOOOOOOoomer playing well :eek::eek::eek:

That being said, north have been one of the inconsistent teams this year, who seem capable of beating/losing to any given team on a given day. That is bad news to us, as one of this year's prime targets, teams will no doubt lift their game when they play against us. On the other hand, our injury/suspension toll doesn't help at all :(

I hope RTB have something in his bag to pull out for this one. We should still be able to win this one with the right effort and be able to kick straight.

Freo by 17 points.

Harvey to get what he deserves:
10 disposals, 5 badly executed "rough conduct" towards Crowley, 29 sooking attempts at the umpires(who ignored him), and 300 packs of tissues to cry on after the spanking he received.

Probably true actually. At the start of their current rebuild they were insufferable telling everyone how every youngster in their team was a future superstar, but since reality hit that they aren't that good most of them have backed off a bit.

Ross has been very vocal/critical in the media this week. More than I can ever remember. How will the players react?

There was a bit of argy bargy to start off the game last year from DPearce if I remember rightly.

Freo by 35

Please, find any user that has said this, even the most horrific of our posters haven't said anything like this. We are generally happy with our recruiting because we have done okay without having tons of early picks like some other clubs.

I don't think we have had a better collection of young kids in my viewing time of our club at any one time, our 70s and 90s era team had the talent come in waves rather than pool a decent bunch of good quality kids at the same point in time. That doesn't mean we are better than anyone else, I think there is just more talent in drafts than there was decade or two ago or what was available in recruitment zones. I think most teams would be fairly happy with the youth they have accumulated, possible save Carlton.

Ross has been very vocal/critical in the media this week. More than I can ever remember. How will the players react?

There was a bit of argy bargy to start off the game last year from DPearce if I remember rightly.

Won't be in this game. Danyle is right on top of his game atm; there won't be any Freo boys risking MRP trouble.
It is the most angry tone from Ross in his Freo time I reckon.

Please, find any user that has said this, even the most horrific of our posters haven't said anything like this. We are generally happy with our recruiting because we have done okay without having tons of early picks like some other clubs.

I don't think we have had a better collection of young kids in my viewing time of our club at any one time, our 70s and 90s era team had the talent come in waves rather than pool a decent bunch of good quality kids at the same point in time. That doesn't mean we are better than anyone else, I think there is just more talent in drafts than there was decade or two ago or what was available in recruitment zones. I think most teams would be fairly happy with the youth they have accumulated, possible save Carlton.

I put my hand up and admit I was prone to exaggeration. Very valid points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back