Lenny Hayes vs Western Bulldogs, Round 20 @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt. We got got so lucky, that I can't really enjoy this red as I watch the reply.

Is Lenny Hayes the first player in history to get a holding the ball free kick for not tackling a player who didn't have the ball?

Nah, remember when Buckley stuck the ball on the chest of a Melbourne player about ten years back? He just picked it up and shoved it into his chest.

No doubt. We got got so lucky, that I can't really enjoy this red as I watch the reply.

Is Lenny Hayes the first player in history to get a holding the ball free kick for not tackling a player who didn't have the ball?

You dive on it you have to move it on unless the rules for that changed along with kicking the ball away after a free kick was always 50.

Hickey Webster Geary Wright Dunstan Sipposs Templeton not to mention Steven and Gilbert back after long term injuries.
I thought Gilbert was very good till he ran out of gas, good to see, was thinking he might be passed it based on how he was playing prior to his injury.

I thought Gilbert was very good till he ran out of gas, good to see, was thinking he might be passed it based on how he was playing prior to his injury.

Was excellent last season when he returned interesting as to what we'd get for him .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just having a quick overlook of this thread and it's sad to see how many fans complain about the umpires throughout out the game. Yeah sure they weren't much chop today for both sides (although thought we may have gotten the rub of the green a bit), but instead of focussing on petty decisions maybe talk about how both teams were actually playing instead?

The Doggies runs and carry destroyed us, our midfield gave good grunt and never gave up. But we were slow with ball movement and transition to defence. The Bulldogs were too classy and deserved the win.

The saints kicked a few junk time goals late, so what?

The margin was consistently 20 -30 points all game. At no time during the game did the saints look likely
Grow some humility and respect like the rest of the Doggies supporters on this site and don't forget you guys were in a similar position not so long ago.

I met Chris Grant pre game too which was nice, did have to do a double take however as i was not sure if it was him.

I'd have thought that roger ramjet jaw would've given him away. ;)

Moral goal to Picken :)
I think this is a moral season for St Kilda wityh them likely to obtain their natural success and also was a moral victory to them as Lenny got to experience what it was like when he had first come to the club. Hail the Saints.

Interestingly only St Kilda fans think the umpiring was against them.

Par for the course.

Interestingly only St Kilda fans think the umpiring was against them.

Par for the course.
couldn't say for sure didn't see the 2nd and 3rd quarters, first had a couple of horrible decisions against us resulting in goals but I imagine the umps payed some to us to even it out in the ones I missed. I think I heard it was 11 free kicks in the 1st at one stage so I would have rather they left the whistles alone more like they did with Gwilt in the 4th than over officiate...we played crap the majority of the day but still managed to hang on and nearly upset it at the end so all up it could have been worse certainly not a game to crow about...I guess unless you're still offended from a prelim awhile ago :p

Hickey Webster Geary Wright Dunstan Sipposs Templeton not to mention Steven and Gilbert back after long term injuries.
3 of them guys would be best 22: Geary, Dunstan, Sipposs. Not one of them is a gun yet. Not sure how having them out had much bearing on the game.

Lol, no we wouldn't. I'm struggling to think of other sides in which he'd get a game in.
Obviously have no clue what you are talking about. Bullies and many other teams would kill to have Stanley. As proven last trade window with Port a top 6 team keen to get him. But hey you have Liam Jones so everything will be alright!

3 of them guys would be best 22: Geary, Dunstan, Sipposs. Not one of them is a gun yet. Not sure how having them out had much bearing on the game.

Hickey Webster and Wright are all best 22 and very important parts of our team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back