Linda_Lovelace

Cancelled
Jul 28, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
With further player discontent in Brisbane and chronic under performance on field leading to big financial losses the rumor is Leppa will not see out the year.

With his good mate Swan running the show up there, don't be surprised if one Michael Malthouse makes the move North. AFL is desperate to stabilize Brisbane and has the Lethal example in mind.

As an aside does this mean Dale Thomas will seek to move (if it happens).

That's a joke. They can't afford to just arse the coach every year and expect things to turn around. They also can't expect Malthouse to be up to this kind of task given how things went at Carlton.

I'm calling BS.

Why would you sack a coach with one year on his contract to go?

I call BS, also we're looking to either break-even or a small profit this year - so has nothing to do with the financial losses from previous years.

With further player discontent in Brisbane and chronic under performance on field leading to big financial losses the rumor is Leppa will not see out the year.

With his good mate Swan running the show up there, don't be surprised if one Michael Malthouse makes the move North. AFL is desperate to stabilize Brisbane and has the Lethal example in mind.

As an aside does this mean Dale Thomas will seek to move (if it happens).
I call that on many levels.
How can you stabilize a club AND bring Mick in?
Our deal with Mick was to do a job on Carlton only. We have nothing against Brisbane. We did a good trade for both parties and hope to do one again this season.

I call that on many levels.
How can you stabilize a club AND bring Mick in?
Our deal with Mick was to do a job on Carlton only. We have nothing against Brisbane. We did a good trade for both parties and hope to do one again this season.

Surely you'd like a bit of revenge for 2002 and 2003?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely you'd like a bit of revenge for 2002 and 2003?
Ahum, yes wel, fair point but not when we have a trade coming up. We might disguise some chop sticks as steak knives though.

1. Leppa is much safer then hird. One of the younger lists in the comp with a list crippled by injuries.

2. Actually wouldnt surprise me if theres no improvement this time next year that its the case.

3. Please no old has been that ****ed carlton over just to get the games record for coaching.

Realistically, Leppa was always a back-up choice - and a strange one at that.

Brisbane are desperate for an experienced hardline coach (ala Rocket, Worsfold, Roos) who will shake up the entire club just as Rocket did when he came to the Suns.

I love Leppa and everything he's done for footy in Queensland - especially his brilliance during the threepeat era. But his coaching capabilities surely have to be questioned.

Brisbane never seemed to be prepared for the imminent retirement of J Brown, and without that forward line target, the Lions are vulnerable on-field. See the Lions vs. Suns rd. 19 stats as an example.

If the Lions really expected Leppa to turn the club around, they need to give him longer than two years. Sacking him now would be counter intuitive and would make them even more of a laughing stock than they unfortunately already are (and that's not a jab at the club - I love the Lions).

I call BS.

Realistically, Leppa was always a back-up choice - and a strange one at that.

Brisbane are desperate for an experienced hardline coach (ala Rocket, Worsfold, Roos) who will shake up the entire club just as Rocket did when he came to the Suns.

I love Leppa and everything he's done for footy in Queensland - especially his brilliance during the threepeat era. But his coaching capabilities surely have to be questioned.

Brisbane never seemed to be prepared for the imminent retirement of J Brown, and without that forward line target, the Lions are vulnerable on-field. See the Lions vs. Suns rd. 19 stats as an example.

If the Lions really expected Leppa to turn the club around, they need to give him longer than two years. Sacking him now would be counter intuitive and would make them even more of a laughing stock than they unfortunately already are (and that's not a jab at the club - I love the Lions).

I call BS.
Part of the problem at Brisbane is that the players revolted because Voss was a hardliner.

Leppitsch the coach is a complete failure. Skills have gone downhill under him in a massive way. He wasn't even the back up pick, he was pick about 5 because all the others didn't want it.

Lose this week, secure the #1 pick, then dump Leppa and get someone like Dew or Tudor.

Leppa's days as a coach are numbered. Injuries or no, he's just not very good. The Lions would have plenty to gain from moving him on this year and finding someone more promising.

That someone is definitely not Malthouse.
In other words ideal candidate to race Carlton to the bottom of the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back