Les Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 18, 2002
demonwiki.org
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon, Atlanta Braves

I hate to bring up tragedies, but I'm trying to update this page (http://wiki.fcmelbourne.com.au/tiki-index.php?page=Les+Parish) and was wondering if anyone could confirm when he passed away? The conflicting reports I can find online can't decide between the mid 90's or early 00's.

Much appreciated
Not exactly sure of the date but if you would like to private message me i will find out .He played his final years with us at Cobram and his son Toby is playing at the club.A legend of country football and Cobram presents a Fitzroy jumper to our most determined player each year in honor of Salty,a cherished trophy to win!

A legend of the game as far as Fitzroy supporters are concerned. I got pissed with him in the MCG Hotel one night, after a Fitzroy win at the MCG. 'Salty' didn't enjoy the stuck up people in the members area there, so he came to have a drink with the ordinary supporters. I can tell you it left a lasting impression on me, and all Roys supporters who were there.

A 24 carat-gold genuine bloke who didn't have tickets on himself. There are a few current players who could learn from him, though most of them are OK too.

A legend of the game as far as Fitzroy supporters are concerned. I got pissed with him in the MCG Hotel one night, after a Fitzroy win at the MCG. 'Salty' didn't enjoy the stuck up people in the members area there, so he came to have a drink with the ordinary supporters. I can tell you it left a lasting impression on me, and all Roys supporters who were there.

A 24 carat-gold genuine bloke who didn't have tickets on himself. There are a few current players who could learn from him, though most of them are OK too.
Totally agree. A Fitzroy legend. Taken too young.

Not exactly sure of the date but if you would like to private message me i will find out .He played his final years with us at Cobram and his son Toby is playing at the club.A legend of country football and Cobram presents a Fitzroy jumper to our most determined player each year in honor of Salty,a cherished trophy to win!
Great to hear he is being honoured in this way & also that Toby is playing for Cobram. How is he going?

A "wake" was held for Salty at Matt Rendell's pub, The Motel in Sth Melb shortly before he died. A huge percentage of his former teammates at Fitzroy turned up to support him & his family. My guess is it would have been around 1999.

I just happen to have stumbled across this page when putting my dads name in google yesterday (fathers day) hoping to just see his face! I'm so happy and proud to have seen this! I can confirm he passed on the Wednesday the 12th of Feb 1998. Thankyou everyone above for making yesterday such a better day! x

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a ripping left footer. One bounce, two bounces, past the "27 Les Parish" sign on the fence that was always there, down the outer wing at the junction, whipping it into centre half forward or beyond. Tatts was a fantastic player.

Great to hear he is being honoured in this way & also that Toby is playing for Cobram. How is he going?

A "wake" was held for Salty at Matt Rendell's pub, The Motel in Sth Melb shortly before he died. A huge percentage of his former teammates at Fitzroy turned up to support him & his family. My guess is it would have been around 1999.

Pretty sure I remember a thread on the original Lions forum about L.Parish passing away, which was back in 1999.

I just happen to have stumbled across this page when putting my dads name in google yesterday (fathers day) hoping to just see his face! I'm so happy and proud to have seen this! I can confirm he passed on the Wednesday the 12th of Feb 1998. Thankyou everyone above for making yesterday such a better day! x
You never know who's going to read what you write on here, or when, and under what circumstances. In this medium, it is a rare thing indeed, for somebody to find out about the esteem in which their father is still so justifiably held, such a long time after the event. This made me feel very proud of this board. Still, one would have expected nothing less from such sound people. Great judges of character all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back