Senior List
Nov 12, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Why? Is he unhappy?

Not that I know of, just some players follow coaches and we'll ask the question.

Not sure how hard we're chasing, just heard that we'll see if he's interested. Bit of a long shot is what I was told.

Not sure how good the source is. He seemed to pick us getting Worsfold pretty early though so may know a bit.

Jul 25, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Not that I know of, just some players follow coaches and we'll ask the question.

Not sure how hard we're chasing, just heard that we'll see if he's interested. Bit of a long shot is what I was told.

Not sure how good the source is. He seemed to pick us getting Worsfold pretty early though so may know a bit.

Ta. Pain abated a bit yet?

Stopher

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2012
Gippsland
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Enjoyed the description of a domestic flight from Melbourne to Adelaide as 'extravagant'

Even better is the automatic assumption that flying over there meant there was no selection 'process' (* I hate that word now) involved whatsoever. A fair leap of logic, I'd have thought. But then that would be asking the readers of football journalism circa 2015 to think about something for themselves.

Originally, I wasn't a fan of the appointment, I thought a young coach who has recently completed or was in the middle of a successful assistant job would of been more beneficial. But after some more time to think about it, the more I'm liking the appointment of Worsfold. Time to toughen up this club, no one better to do so.

Young like Beveridge? Who is only 18 months younger than Woosha. Young coaches rarely work, the last young senior coach to payoff in any meaningful way was Scott at Geelong, before that you have to go back to the guy we just appointed.

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Even better is the automatic assumption that flying over there meant there was no selection 'process' (**** I hate that word now) involved whatsoever. A fair leap of logic, I'd have thought. But then that would be asking the readers of football journalism circa 2015 to think about something for themselves.

They may have driven in littles limo to visit McCartney and Burns...but we will never know

Always admired Woosha's ability to get the most out of heaps of dubious entities over the journey, and the spread of goal kickers he always had.

Ben McKinley kicked 72 goals in 08 and 09, and Ben McKinley was garbage. Nicoski had a 8 year career that didn't amount to a great deal, Woosha played him permanent forward in his last season and he kicked 41 goals. Going back further you've got guys like Staker, Hansen, Sampi and Hunter who were not really any more than workhorses, but still managed a good goal a game average or there abouts. I also attribute much of the growth in Hill's game to his time under woosha. We need all of that.

He also got the best out of pretty much everyone that came through his system, he brought a fair few guys in and had success there, but rarely did any eagles player move elsewhere and make the eagles look foolish.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Always admired Woosha's ability to get the most out of heaps of dubious entities over the journey, and the spread of goal kickers he always had.

Ben McKinley kicked 72 goals in 08 and 09, and Ben McKinley was garbage. Nicoski had a 8 year career that didn't amount to a great deal, Woosha played him permanent forward in his last season and he kicked 41 goals. Going back further you've got guys like Staker, Hansen, Sampi and Hunter who were not really any more than workhorses, but still managed a good goal a game average or there abouts. I also attribute much of the growth in Hill's game to his time under woosha. We need all of that.

He also got the best out of pretty much everyone that came through his system, he brought a fair few guys in and had success there, but rarely did any eagles player move elsewhere and make the eagles look foolish.

I wouldn't be surprised if we start to see some of our average players like O'Brien become solid contributors.

Hunter was a bit better than average/workhorse, but yes otherwise I agree completely.

MAAAATTDAAAAMON

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2010
NSW
AFL Club
Essendon

Damn, we should've kept Aylett. Please keep Hams, NOB etc. Worsfold is going to make everyone into guns!

But seriously, it'll be very interesting to see the growth of players under Worsfold.

Stopher

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2012
Gippsland
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool

Just throwing a name out there, but I wonder what he could do with a McKernan type. Especially if Essendon are going after another genuine ruckman.

Shane Hird

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan The Cult of Robbo Essendon Player Sponsor 2016
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
If he could turn a ruckman of ours...anyone wil do..into a Cox-like player that'll be nice.

Just throwing a name out there, but I wonder what he could do with a McKernan type. Especially if Essendon are going after another genuine ruckman.

I wonder what he could do with a lot of our fringe types. NOB can find it like nobody's business but other parts of his game are so lacking, can woosha coax more aggression and dedication out of him? Can he unlock Kav? (god knows what the trigger will be there...fistfight?) Can he light a fire under Bellcho and get him to look like he gives more than 1 s**t? Zaharakis...clearly can play, could be anything if someone really challenges him and he responds.

Melksham, Carlisle and Aylett will be three what ifs for me, Aylett because he worked his bloody arse off and could have potentially reaped rewards under woosha and the two Jakes because they're gifted as f*** but just didn't look like they wanted it most of the time.

I genuinely had to look up whether Ben McKinley was a real person or whether you had just made him up, that's how nondescript his career was. I have zero recollection of him.

Bob81

Team Captain
Apr 29, 2012
Darwin
AFL Club
Essendon
I genuinely had to look up whether Ben McKinley was a real person or whether you had just made him up, that's how nondescript his career was. I have zero recollection of him.
Well i remembered him i actually remember him coming onto the scene and thinking this guys awesome lol. Kicked 7 against us.... hes only 28 maybe we can rookie him. Also remeber a forward for them Troy Wilson lol.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Back