Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Bombers, don't mean to intrude, but as a North Albury supporter in the Ovens & Murray League (where Aker is coach at present), i was wondering if anyone had heard if i has been appointed to a development role with you guys? I was under the impression he should have been informed last Friday, cheers!

Hey Bombers, don't mean to intrude, but as a North Albury supporter in the Ovens & Murray League (where Aker is coach at present), i was wondering if anyone had heard if i has been appointed to a development role with you guys? I was under the impression he should have been informed last Friday, cheers!
We haven't heard anything at this stage.
I'm sure a thread will be made if it is announced though, with plenty of discussion.

Haven't heard much, somebody on here said he did well though. What do you think of him as a coach, I think he'd be a shrewd acquisition.

He appears to have had mixed results, hearing some not so good news of late that he has upset several players with his no bullshit/tell it how it is attitude, some more experienced players. What can't be disputed is the work he has done with and extremely young group of players (17-21 age group) , this being the age bracket that he will probably be responsible for, i think he will be a good acquisition. He has them playing a fantastic brand of footy.

The only problem you will have is the one we all know about, keeping the zipper on his mouth shut with the media, he should however, given his role, be kept in the background.

Woosha said he will get a recommendation for the role in the coming days. So it may or may not be Aker.

Akka is a genuine ####head.

I would be astounded if Worsfold brought him into his team of coaches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JASON Akermanis has missed out on a coaching job at AFL club, Essendon.

The Brownlow medallist was confident of securing a development coaching role, but was told on Tuesday by the Bombers that he was unsuccessful.

“It’s business as usual at North and we expect to announce some signings on the back of this news,” Akermanis said.

“It’s been a great experience and it’s great to go through the process.

“I now know that I’m ready to take on a development or line role within an AFL club from now on.

“It’s only my first job I’ve gone for in regards to the AFL system.

“I’m a little surprised.

“I think whoever did get the job may have had some inside running which might have gone against me.

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/3515123/aker-misses-dons-job/?cs=10

“I think whoever did get the job may have had some inside running which might have gone against me.

This is why you didn't get the job Aker. Not the actual quote itself, but your reasoning of the quote.

But we are not elite.

Exactly.

I moved to perth over 10 years ago when Woosha was starting out as Eagles coach and I watched and listened to him very closely over the years deal with the idiot brigade that is the perth media.

The thing with him is that he is a master at keeping his cards close to his chest and giving nothing away while in front of a TV camera.

That speech was never going to reveal anything about how he's going to turn this club around in regards to gameplan ideas.

Like he did at WC he'll turn the place into a closed shop and let the match day performances do the talking.

You'll get no song and dance with Woosha and no bold claims of success and victory. What you get is a steely determination to get the entire club working as one and every player working as professional as they possibly can with their individual preparation.

We've had 3 years of not having everyone's head 100% focused on improvement. Players and staff alike have been through an extremely stressful time and we obviously suffered for it on the field.

Worsfolds first priority is get every single player back on track in the mind. Building confidence in the group as a whole before we start thinking about best 22s.

His address I think covered that issue. The challenge ahead to put the past behind us and move forward in a positive attitude is what he's about atm.

We're lucky to have him.

Woosha rockin up and knocking on members doors today.

What a legend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back