Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly. Goodwin is well placed to make Melbourne a successful side again. The difference between the Melbourne situation and the Buckley situation is that Collingwood took Malthouse out at the top of his game. Goodwin will takeover a Melbourne side on the rise.

We are more in the situation of Melbourne than Collingwood, so it can work for us.

However, I just cannot see how Worsfold would choose Essendon over Adelaide.

I won't be happy if we chuck money at Worsfold to convince him. We need a coach that is 100% committed to rebuilding our side out of this mess, not a coach looking after his wallet. If that means we will go with an inexperienced coach, so be it.
I wouldn't even mind a new(ish) coach who was older; Alan Richardson and Ken Hinkley come to mind as types who could win the trust and respect of the players quickly because of this.

Because there have not been 7 drafts and trade periods following his our assessment of the list in 2007 that have gotten it to the point it is at today?

We've been irrelevant a lot longer than 2007.

We just think we haven't been.

Many more coaches fail at what they set out to achieve, than succeed (win a premiership), so I really don't care who they pick to be our new coach.

My only hope is that they have skills and passion to help turn the club around over the next few years.

God damn you self-centric Vics are bloody infuriating.. Woosha specifically said he has really enjoyed working with the Crows, and he'll review his plans with the Crows at the end of the season. Every single mouth-breathing Vic based journo how somehow interpreted this as Essendon a shoe-in for snagging Woosha for the head coaching gig next year.. It's been happening all year with the Dangerfield speculation and Adelaide's final chances too. Give us a break! :mad:

You Crows think the world revolves around you.

Remember that time he coached you a flag?
Yes, I respect Woosh he is a great man and a top shelf leader. He won 1 flag which has to be put into perspective...if the Eagles were a Victorian side we would of won at least another one as well with him at the helm. To win a flag outside the Central Hub of Melbourne is no mean feat and realistically with the list we had back in the early 90's we should of won 3-4 but have to be happy with the 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carslise will love Worstfold, won't move him from down back ever ! John only ever had one move and when Hunter retired he never bothered to tinker with the team layout come game day again. He may get an instant improvement with moral and discipline but he is out coached too many times by opposition coaches willing to move players around.
But but but, Crows believe he's the new messiah, or at least Stephen Rowe does.

Why not? The Crows are all over him and look what he has done for them. You could do much worse.
I guess it is because he might not end up at Essendon for the right reasons.

If his sudden change of heart is to do with the money he sniffed coming from Tullamarine, then it would be a definite no from me.

Essendon should do a proper interview process for all the candidates interested in the job and pick the one that is most suited for the job, not those that need convincing to coach let alone at a club like Essendon.

If he is 100% committed to rebuilding our side, then he would obviously be a great get

I guess it is because he might not end up at Essendon for the right reasons.

If his sudden change of heart is to do with the money he sniffed coming from Tullamarine, then it would be a definite no from me.

Essendon should do a proper interview process for all the candidates interested in the job and pick the one that is most suited for the job, not those that need convincing to coach let alone at a club like Essendon.

If he is 100% committed to rebuilding our side, then he would obviously be a great get
OK, well put. Yes You def need the right man for the job with what your players and supporters have been through over the past 3 years. Good luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back