Lets not write off 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that no season should ever be a write-off.

There are always things to be gained, learned, improved on and assessed. Every step backward is followed by moving onward and forward. Some players will step up, others will not quite meet their own expectations but will be better characters for it, or will be found wanting and moved on. For every negative, there is a positive to be gained. Each failure is a step closer to getting it right. Leadership density. Learning. Fighting. Loving. Being uncomfortably comfortable. Thank you and goodnight.

I think that no season should ever be a write-off.

There are always things to be gained, learned, improved on and assessed. Every step backward is followed by moving onward and forward. Some players will step up, others will not quite meet their own expectations but will be better characters for it, or will be found wanting and moved on. For every negative, there is a positive to be gained. Each failure is a step closer to getting it right. Leadership density. Learning. Fighting. Loving. Being uncomfortably comfortable. Thank you and goodnight.

There should be but this year we made our own disaster. We were completely misaligned from top to bottom.

It had nothing to do with finishing last but had all to do with being a club in disarray. I don't care to see another year like this one..............ever.

There should be but this year we made our own disaster. We were completely misaligned from top to bottom.

It had nothing to do with finishing last but had all to do with being a club in disarray. I don't care to see another year like this one..............ever.
Look what will come of it though! Finally realising how wrong we have been doing things.

To paraphrase one of the great philosophers, Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg: from destruction, disorder and chaos, new life is encouraged.

Look what will come of it though! Finally realising how wrong we have been doing things.

To paraphrase one of the great philosophers, Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg: from destruction, disorder and chaos, new life is encouraged.

True but we have to drop off some of the stuff that was brought about this year.

It's also difficult to manufacture harmony from disunity. Some things take time

I'm a happy chappy..and here is why:

1. Soft conditional types are gone - Henderson/Yarran were toxic last year and had to be 'worn' to maximise their trade value..a huge negative - which no Club has to put up with - unless they are crippled with injury on top of a thin list.

2. A bunch of list cloggers gone - and replaced with 4 players from GWS who have some development behind them already - new blood with a new coach who if nothing more at least give us some depth.

3. 4 picks in or around first round - with #1 pick unambiguously the best of the bunch - and filling a pressing need for some tall class down back.

4. and don't under estimate this - a new coach a new coaching panel

5. A definite statement to all remaining players - perform or you are gone.

6. Warnock GONE - finally ...finally!!! GONE and with is exit I have no doubt with SOS in charge - there will be NO MORE Jones/Tutt/Thomas type CRAPOLA BS decisions - destroying proper development of a list.

7. We will NOT be overpaying for anyone for a number of years by which time Carlton will have ditched the messiah overpaid syndrome - and we will have arrived at ground zero. In fact any player ho shows in 2016 that performance < pay scale - will likely be traded and exited.

the formula for competitive football is now well and truly established and proven at other Clubs - it isn't rocket science.. hardness/fitness/speed/skill and a game plan which sees an emphasis on playing to your strengths NOT your weaknesses.

Everyone is biased by past performances over colouring what they feel is likely future - there are so many new bits now in the Carlton equation - I can't rationally conclude anything too negative.

7. We will NOT be overpaying for anyone for a number of years by which time Carlton will have ditched the messiah overpaid syndrome - and we will have arrived at ground zero. In fact any player ho shows in 2016 that performance < pay scale - will likely be traded and exited.

Merit in all points but this one in particular cannot be discounted.

Pegging the payments back in a time when we're not going to have a lot of impact is crucial. Have to get our timing right and load up and use the dollars up when we have all our ducks in a row. We have not been good to the club with some of the hefty packages we were happy to give out.

Merit in all points but this one in particular cannot be discounted.

Pegging the payments back in a time when we're not going to have a lot of impact is crucial. Have to get our timing right and load up and use the dollars up when we have all our ducks in a row. We have not been good to the club with some of the hefty packages we were happy to give out.

Hawthorn became better when they lost Buddy - because every player breathed a sigh of relief knowing they weren't having to pay for ONE bloke who is special. Geelong were stronger after they 'lost' G.Ablett...ho many more examples o we need..

or how about my view from day one on C .Judd - his PAY was POISON and set a bad precedent and expectations for any other half decent players to expect and demand- we are paying massive overs for a number of players still on list - massive. When an organisation does this - it is saying - YOU lot are role plyers and cannon fodder- These are the real players and these are the blokes we really love.

Well I got news for you - it take 30 good players to be competitive - NOT 4.

Just rank amateur hour at Carlton and totally at odds with a team first culture. new Coach and SOS - will NOT be making same mistakes again.

Next year is the beginning of the journey.
I'm excited to see the new game plan Bolts will be wanting us to play, and how the increased emphasis on teaching and development has helped the players. His approach will be a breath of fresh air following the stubborn old mule we had as coach previously.
Players now know that the bar has been lifted significantly on what's expected from them. They ve seen from the deep cull to our list this year, that anybody who doesn't put in 100% in training or in gameday, and doesn't respect the Club, we will have no qualms in getting rid of them.

Everybody expects us to come last.

So it's easy to meet expectations, ... but if we get a bit of improvement... then we beat expectations :D.

It appears some of you are all over the draft system & different scenarios that were thrown around.
The draft seems to blur things for me with respect to father-son offerings.
With this in mind, having now read SOSOS is being targeted by Carlton, if he wasn't the son (& grandson) of a gun, simply based on his pure ability where do you think he would've ranked in the draft process. Top 10? 20? 30? 40? etc.

It appears some of you are all over the draft system & different scenarios that were thrown around.
The draft seems to blur things for me with respect to father-son offerings.
With this in mind, having now read SOSOS is being targeted by Carlton, if he wasn't the son (& grandson) of a gun, simply based on his pure ability where do you think he would've ranked in the draft process. Top 10? 20? 30? 40? etc.
Has shown he can play by kicking a bag on WA in U18's. Clearly not considered a top selection - but is underaged and has been injured. I expect around #30-40 and hope we have enough points to get it done. Think he can improve a LOT, but will take 2-3 years before a regular Best 22 at CFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hilarious watching all the Essendon supporters on the main board tripping over themselves saying they can beat us even with 13 of their best 18 out. I'm glad we're playing them twice, even if that means we lose all our other games, I'll be very happy to beat them twice.

After seeing the flogs blindly stand behind Sir James may I suggest they're still in denial!

Next year is the beginning of the journey.
I'm excited to see the new game plan Bolts will be wanting us to play, and how the increased emphasis on teaching and development has helped the players. His approach will be a breath of fresh air following the stubborn old mule we had as coach previously.
Players now know that the bar has been lifted significantly on what's expected from them. They ve seen from the deep cull to our list this year, that anybody who doesn't put in 100% in training or in gameday, and doesn't respect the Club, we will have no qualms in getting rid of them.

Now Now lets mot blame MM. The players were the problem - mostly. SOS says so.

Everyone is biased by past performances over colouring what they feel is likely future - there are so many new bits now in the Carlton equation - I can't rationally conclude anything too negative.

Great post - this sentence stuck out to me.

It's easy to make predictions based on our performance this year but there are now a hundred more variables we've just set into motion. We've just got to make sure we make the most of every single player on our list and develop them to reach their potential.

Can't wait to see how guys like Everitt, Docherty and Graham play under a new coach.

im looking forward to 2016. new gameplan, positive coach, new players and genuine excitment we are on the right track. not about wins for me. just want to see games into weitering jaksch phillips sumner smith boekhurst plowman cripps silvagni graham byrne sheehan and our new picks in 8, 11 & 19. development and some exciting football is what i look forward to. step one in the rebuild.

I still believe we shall only win 3-5 games, but with the enormity of the changes the club has made in the short time frame and their resolve of 'no quick fixes', it leaves me extremely upbeat.

We may only win the number of games mentioned earlier but its my belief that the ones we do lose will be by a competitive margin. I am also confident that the development of the team will be evident from rd 1 and continue to show throughout the year.

Good luck to all the boys, the coaching staff, and the devout supporters for 2016.

Finally.... the side I'd like to see for Nab Cup matches reflects mainly on that philosophy of giving all the kids a run:

FB: Weitering White Buckley
HB Byrne Plowman DVR
C: Docherty Whiley Sheehan
R: Phillips Cripps Graham
HF: Boakhorst Jaksch Sumner
FF: Lamb Casboult Smith
I/C: Curnow Tuohy Kerridge Everitt
EMG: Dick #8 #11 #19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back