Let's talk about Tottenham

Remove this Banner Ad

And no better time to do so.

Pumped $100 million into a squad that loses 3-0 to West Ham at home. Any chance this wanna-be bunch of nobodies will ever manage to do something?

Or now that they've sold the only decent player that they've had in about 20 years are they destined to always settle for mid table finishes?

The lack of ambition down at White Lane (Their taking the piss by including H(e)art in anything to do with this s**t stain of a club) must be concerning for their poor fans.

They've signed too many players at the same time without thought to how they are going to work together. Happens every time a club receives a massive income boost from a huge transfer (in this case Bale). If I was AVB I would have signed 2-3 top class footballers max and really did my homework on integrating them in the team. Looks like they only really thought about new signings once it became clear Bale was leaving; they should have started looking at the beginning of last season.

Having said that AVB hasn't done too badly and they are still only 8 points off Arsenal. They don't look like causing damage as it stands though. If AVB manages to get them to gel they could be dangerous although after 1/3 of the season you'd think they would have gelled already.

As much as I'd like to see them fold in a steaming heap we shouldnt forget that a win today could have them 1 point from 2nd spot (2 points from 4th at worst).

All that while settling in half a team and I dont reckon they're that badly off. Don't think they'll make top 4 but thats as much to do with Arsenal as them at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And long may they continue. Soldado is the new Andy Carroll of the transfer world.

Actually a good call. Close to the same goal ratio as AC at Liverpool. You take out his penalties and it's a lot worse.

Soldado consistently showed skill and talent during him time at Valencia though, Carroll hit only a good run of form for Newcastle before you blew 35 mill on him. Both players have been transfer flops, but I doubt Spurs will recover part of their investment like Liverpool managed to because of Soldado's age.

Actually a good call. Close to the same goal ratio as AC at Liverpool. You take out his penalties and it's a lot worse.

Soldado's age also makes it a poor transfer. When you spunk 26 million on a 28 year old you expect a match winner, not just a "decent" striker. Soldado was always a consistent striker if not spectacular. If he was 22 years old it might have worked out.

Soldado consistently showed skill and talent during him time at Valencia though, Carroll hit only a good run of form for Newcastle before you blew 35 mill on him. Both players have been transfer flops, but I doubt Spurs will recover part of their investment like Liverpool managed to because of Soldado's age.

It was a stupid transfer but when fit I still maintain Carroll is a good player, especially in the right setup. Even with us he worried some of the better sides. Unlucky for him because of a rushed inflated transfer that would never have happened if it wasn't for Torres going he wouldn't get a bad rap. Now Downing that is a s**t transfer for an actually s**t player.

I never rated him overly highly, but that could be the benefit of hindsight talking. He's a useful player, but ever since his time at Newcastle he simply hasn't scored the goals to justify what was paid for him (at Liverpool or West Ham).

Poor old Andy Carroll, thread about a poorly performing Spurs & he gets dragged in & slagged!:D
As for Tottenham, they are where they have always been, hovering around the edges pretending to be a big club, been like this since 1962.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back