Let's talk Ports!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problems with the alcohol comment in there. You can guess the reasons why it's there but even though he's not a high profile it stops rumours dead. Car crash? No club release? Uh-oh Neady's in trouble something's wrong. Stops that s**t dead. Like I said I don't know why it's there but I'd prefer it included. Your never sure it could even be port adelaide internal leak to avoid a blowup.

I tend to agree, I don't mind the inclusion of it just to stop what would have undoubtedly been a lot of speculation.

Their way of wording it was a bit off though. They could have worked it in a little bit more organically, like saying where he'd been beforehand and then slip in that he hadn't been drinking.

It stops speculation. People speculate because...
Car accident and public figure. I get where you're going, but people would speculate if he wasn't indigenous as well.

That said, the Venn Diagram between Goodes Booers and Blood Alcohol Concentration speculators would see the Goodes Booer circle entirely within the other circle.

How sensitive are we? we have had 2 recent incidents of drink driving with AFL players. It is not race related at all, it is because of the recent events. People need to stop being so sensitive to racism. The fact that you guys are saying there is a racist element to the comment is more racist than the comment.

I have no problems with the alcohol comment in there. You can guess the reasons why it's there but even though he's not a high profile it stops rumours dead. Car crash? No club release? Uh-oh Neady's in trouble something's wrong. Stops that s**t dead. Like I said I don't know why it's there but I'd prefer it included. Your never sure it could even be port adelaide internal leak to avoid a blowup.
Explain why, explain why a blown tyre needs that comment.
If he'd just crashed into a tree then maybe, but a blown tyre?

Love to watch Neade play and rapt he's OK. Looking forward to seeing him in our R1 team and him holding his spot on form throughout the year. Would love to see O'Shea and Neade step up from the start of the season not half way through

Every move by indigenous players is made political, insanity.

The facts are hodge got off insanely lightly for his misdemeanor, had neade done the same it would have been considerably worse.

There are undoubtable facts that alcohol is a problem in indigenous communities, which lends itself to the situation we are now in re: "why did they need to specify blood alcohol?". They really were damned if they did and damned if they didn't, and it's open to interpretation as to if it's right or wrong to have specified. As long as the same rule is now applied to any player involved in such incidents, then I don't see a problem.

Personally, I'm glad they specified no alcohol and I'm glad neade is okay. It's the full facts of the story with nothing left to speculation.

I have a question....

Can robbie win the brownlow this year?

My thoughts...

I asked this because last year he wasnt well known and had no rep though he was the best player in the comp.... this year he has reputation now....should be considered top 5 in the league...besides wingod who takes votes off him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How sensitive are we? we have had 2 recent incidents of drink driving with AFL players. It is not race related at all, it is because of the recent events. People need to stop being so sensitive to racism. The fact that you guys are saying there is a racist element to the comment is more racist than the comment.
I didn't think about it as he's indigenous, I assumed it was written in because he's a footy player. I too thought it was over the top.

Actually, speaking of blood alcohol. SA Police News publish blood alcohol readings from just about everything now that I think about it. One just this morning.

good thing they can't publish one from the laptop I'm driving ATM**

** seriously though, don't drink and type kids, as on the road, so on the 'net, your mistakes are forever...

Playing shorts are alongside the trackpants in the FMD that's outrageously expensive section of the PortStore

Mine are old sekem ones. all the afl shops here have west coast, freo, carlton, collingwood and the crows shorts :-/

Go the home jumper, it won't show up if you spill drinks/food on it. That away jumper will show up any little stain.

Nice work on the Impy look!

I didn't even think about this! The white one is signed by boaky. and the possibility of stains etc would be horrific. going with the showdown guernsey now! thanks mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back