Let's talk Ports!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the way he plays, you can't fight his natural instinct.

Ollie probably spends less time on ground of all Port's first choice on ballers so the coaches are aware of managing him as carefully as the modern game allows.

WTF? Our run off half back is a strength- Broadbent is one of the best in the business, Pittard is a weapon and guys like Hombsh, O'Shea and.. Well pretty much our entire team attack in waves from the halfback line. Impey had a huge first season and is pretty clearly going to be a first 18 star. What planet do you guys live on?

Ollie probably spends less time on ground of all Port's first choice on ballers so the coaches are aware of managing him as carefully as the modern game allows.
Yes, in his first year the most time Ollie spent on the ground was 79% of gametime. In most games he spent 65-75% and in one where he was meant to be given a rest by starting as sub he spent 55% of time on the ground. That was the Collingwood game where he actually got a Brownlow vote.
Last year he was spending more time on the ground, 87% of time was the most and 69% against Sydney at AO was the least.

I use dream team as an indication

Basically. One of then averaging 20+ touches
You use dream team as an indicator to value a footballer?

Jake Neade could average 65/70 DT points a week and impact games more than Richard Douglas averaging 100 weekly!

Happily have Pittard and Broadbent spoiling on the last line of defence 10 times a week, accumulating 0 points for their team first defending.

I use dream team as an indication

Basically. One of then averaging 20+ touches
Your football knowledge has some way to evolve. A points based system built to gather funds for the organisation from hits by fans should NEVER be used as a KPI when judging A) a footballers ability, or B) a teams progress.

Remember when Champion Data rated us 17th and we finished 5th that same year...

Your football knowledge has some way to evolve. A points based system built to gather funds for the organisation from hits by fans should NEVER be used as a KPI when judging A) a footballers ability, or B) a teams progress.

Missed the point completely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I realise the confusion

I meant "I used dt as an indicator" in this instance

Generally it can be misleading, but when talking about Broadbent and Pittard who are damaging and penetrating. If the start getting into the game, providing more run, it will equate to higher dt scores. And we will be a better side

I can totally see where Wargreymon90 is coming from. In this instance the higher DT scores are (would be) just a reflection of those two getting more of the ball and using it a little more efficiently. I didn't read in to it that he was saying DT is a great way of judging a players ability. Two totally separate issues.

Personally, but for a little more consistency I think Broadbent is nearing his ceiling but Pittard has a lot more potential to create more impact next year. I'm expecting Pittard's best football to be beyond next season.

one of : Pittard, Broadbent, oshea need to take the next step to borderline elite.
One of Ah Chee, Young, Moore need to make the final spot their own with no risk of being dropped.
Solid improvement from Neade and Impey even assuming no one else improves would give us basically no weaknesses. Which can be expected if Schulz and Cornes maintain who are the two by age that may go backwards.

Last edited:

That's a good point,I wasn't sure on how many minutes he played each week,and I do love the way he goes about his footy you can't teach that natural instinct. I just don't want to see him knackered by his mid 20's. He is a gun and future champion of the game

Personally, but for a little more consistency I think Broadbent is nearing his ceiling but Pittard has a lot more potential to create more impact next year. I'm expecting Pittard's best football to be beyond next season.

Make no mistake Pittard has more potential than Broady but don't forget Broady (24 years old) is only 6 months older than Pittard.

Last edited:
Make no mistake Pittard has more potential than Broady but don't forget Broady (24 years old) is only 6 months older that Pittard.

Side by side you'd never guess hey. Yeah, I agree. Pittard definitely a later bloomer than Broady.

Our first team back 6 is a massive strength for us

FB: Jonas, Carlile, Hombsch
HB: Broadbent, Trengove, Pittard

it brings so much versitility and damage through rebounds. Also their ability and versitility to stop goals. I am concerned as to the guys who can replace them if injuries happen.

FB: Austin, Clurey, Impey
HB: Flynn, P. Stewart, Colquhoun

I feel there is a huge hole in the seconds and hopefully like this year with Matty Lobbe all the first team guys can stand up and play week in and week out.

Also, even though has mentioned with our contested ball numbers being so high I feel that watching games if Trav or Ollie aren't involved in the stoppage or center clearence it is very difficult for us to win a clearence. Obviously we have other guys capable of doing it and that do do it but fluencey with guys like Brad Ebert, Jared Polec, Hamish Hartlett ect struggle contestedly and are more suited outside being damaging with run and foot skills. Does anyone think that Moore and Young and the likes can become regulars in the 22? I think they can but injuries have really stalled their progress.

Matt Rendell wanted to draft Broadbent but Neil Craig made him take Shaun McKernan.
Is this the official commencement of Craig inheriting the Gary Ayres' scapegoating for every bad decision?

Our first team back 6 is a massive strength for us

FB: Jonas, Carlile, Hombsch
HB: Broadbent, Trengove, Pittard

it brings so much versitility and damage through rebounds. Also their ability and versitility to stop goals. I am concerned as to the guys who can replace them if injuries happen.

FB: Austin, Clurey, Impey
HB: Flynn, P. Stewart, Colquhoun

Throw in O'Shea and Logan as good defensive depth and throw in Byrne-Jones and Russell as defenders who are project players.

That's a good point,I wasn't sure on how many minutes he played each week,and I do love the way he goes about his footy you can't teach that natural instinct. I just don't want to see him knackered by his mid 20's. He is a gun and future champion of the game
In fact I read a few weeks back that Wines spent the least time on ground out of all the main mid-fielders in the entire comp (sorry I forget the article & cant furnish the link). Despite his great out-put, he was well-protected by Kenny. Considering this, he really is a scary-good proposition, as this will be his first unmodified pre-season as a third year player!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back