Let's talk Ports!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I scoured the Monopoly Times this morning and could not find one reference to KT's 'Profitable by 2015' statement. Now if it had been a doom and gloom forecast the Times would have been full of it. Why am I not surprised, maybe I did not look hard enough?

PS: I get an early edition of the Monopoly Times so maybe there is something in a later edition ?

Yeah, when all that horseshit was flying around about him being inferior to Brad Crouch - because Cameron Ling is either an idiot or prone to amnesia - his real playing time was on the lowside then (60-70%) with only a conservative increase this year.
If he can crank up to the early 80's as an established third year with the engine to match, he'll be truly frightening.
Ling would not know if his arse was on fire.. look at the work Ollie did in the final against Fremantle, kicked 3 goals and owned Fyfe a few times in the centre. He also said that Fremantle would win lol. He did praise Chad though.

I think that's Otto the bus driver.
Otto_with_guitar.png

Don't worry Paddy, I failed year 3 P.E. and now I drive the pre-season!

Did anyone see that trailer for "Australia" or something?

Featured all the defining moments that have shaped Australia, such as Gallipoli, WW2, Aboriginal affairs, Cyclone Tracy, that sorta stuff... And Chad Wingard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 97182

It sort of hit me when I was scrolling through Facebook, reading those two names together in a Port Adelaide light. This is the calibre of person we're attracting now, both coach and player.
Also Slash is now working for PAFC if the above picture is to be believed.

Surely John Butcher hasn't let the mop extent that far past the shoulder? o_O

It would've read better without the football parts, and just own the SANFL on the dollars argument.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...tes-jon-anderson/story-fnp04d71-1227155013949
IF age and games played are the proven guidelines to premiership success, and history strongly suggests they are, Port Adelaide is poised to embark on an era during which it will dominate the AFL.
It will be reminiscent of the recent Geelong era and, barring serious injuries, it will take Port to the flag next year and at least one more in the foreseeable future.
Michael Voss, who has joined the Power as midfield coach, this week made the observation that he has not seen a group train harder than Port on their resumption after a 2014 campaign that ended within a kick of Hawthorn in a preliminary final.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...tes-jon-anderson/story-fnp04d71-1227155013949
upload_2014-12-13_20-24-1.png

Ollie Wines is one of the best young midfielders in the competition...
Have to agree with that :)

It would've read better without the football parts, and just own the SANFL on the dollars argument.
I agree but it was used to build an arguement on our history, also it was directed to the clubs fans so make sense to make it a bit emotional

IF age and games played are the proven guidelines to premiership success, and history strongly suggests they are, Port Adelaide is poised to embark on an era during which it will dominate the AFL.
It will be reminiscent of the recent Geelong era and, barring serious injuries, it will take Port to the flag next year and at least one more in the foreseeable future.
Michael Voss, who has joined the Power as midfield coach, this week made the observation that he has not seen a group train harder than Port on their resumption after a 2014 campaign that ended within a kick of Hawthorn in a preliminary final.
My only fear is how we deal with the "weight of expectation" associated with the inevitable rise in standing within the football community.

It has been our bugbear previously - but I am fairly confident that the team we have atm can rise above that pressure and just focus on the here and now and delivering the goods, not worry needlessly about potential outcomes.

I agree but it was used to build an arguement on our history, also it was directed to the clubs fans so make sense to make it a bit emotional
I think the emotional, non-financial parts make it look like a reactive whinge rather than a factual statement pointing out the Emperor's lack of clothes. Its not a great look.

As Fos said -
  • We strived as a team, not as individuals
  • We did not tolerate whinging or jealousies;
Ken Hinkley says Port Adelaide players all taking responsibility for improving in 2015
PORT Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley took no time to realise the value of Travis Boak, back in late 2012 a captain-in-waiting who had been heavily courted by Geelong.

His loyalty made him stay at Port, and Boak has taken his leadership to another level during the club’s pre-season camp in Dubai at the state-of-the-art Nad Al Sheda Sports Complex. But what stands out to Hinkley from the torturous camp in the middle east which kickstarts the pre-season is the spread of leaders and the shared leadership as the Power prepare for 2015 as on of the premiership fancies.

“He (Travis) certainly leads by example, as does the whole leadership group,’’ Hinkley said from Dubai. “It’s not just one person for us; it’s about the whole group. What they’re doing here is that they push each other. “That’s a sign that they know that they have to improve. If we don’t work hard and don’t try to improve we’ll find ourselves in trouble.
“And we don’t want to do that as a footy club.
What’s grabbed Hinkley the most has been the sense of shared responsibility.

“They’re tired and they’ve tired a number of times, as they should, given the amount of work we’ve pushed into them,’’ Hinkley said. “But they know why they’re here and that’s the key ingredient. “You don’t hide from the fact of what you’re going to do. We’ve certainly come to a new facility which is first-class — we know that — but that doesn’t count for much if the players don’t bring their effort and energy. And they’ve done that all the way through.
“There’s no carry-on: we’re here, we’re a hardworking team and we need to be that. “They’re in it together and that’s what teams do. That’s why we are a team and we have to stay that way. We’re all in it together. We’re one collective group as a football club.

Ken Hinkley says Port Adelaide players all taking responsibility for improving in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back