Let's talk Ports!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol lobbe is our best ruckman easily. Is also a top 5 ruck in the comp. We aren't trading him!
Lobbe gets us to within a bee's dick of a GF, despite being run into the ground. So now he's got support so he can be even better with proper recovery within and between games trade him. BIgFooty logic at it's finest.

Hey guys, remember when we wanted to trade for Paddy Ryder but we weren't allowed to because AFL rules prevent you from trading contracted players so he stayed at Essendon?

Hey guys, rember when the Crows wanted to trade out Bernie Vince to get a much needed draft pick but he still had a year left on his contract so they were stuck with him?

Oh wait, that's now it how it works at all. Putting aside the terrible priorities of the rest of your post, even if we did want to trade someone like Lobbe if he falls out of the side, all signing him up early has done is prevent other clubs from being able to pick him up for below market value.

Bagging Rohde for signing our best players up early because of the off chance that we might want to trade them later is like bagging a player for taking a safe set shot from the goalsquare because he could've kicked it backwards outside 50 in the off chance that we might have been able to get a super goal. And given that signing players up doesn't prevent you from trading contracted players up anyway, it's like bagging a player for doing that in the regular season where super goals aren't even a thing.

Would you sacrifice your queen for a bishop and a couple of pawns?

Depends if in doing so you open up the board for your rooks to do some damage :p

Novice chess players always want to protect the queen because they think it's the key to success...but you can checkmate in 10 moves by sacrificing it.

Of course, that's not what you're talking about here, so carry on :p

Depends if in doing so you open up the board for your rooks to do some damage :p

Novice chess players always want to protect the queen because they think it's the key to success...but you can checkmate in 10 moves by sacrificing it.

Well, I'm convinced. Sack Lobbe. :p

You'd want to be taking control of the game pretty quickly if you were sacrificing the queen.

Anyway, my point was that rucks are a dime a dozen, and since the sub rule has come in, there are always good quality rucks who are surplus to requirements and up for trade. Something like half of the top 10 current ruckmen moved as the result of a trade.

Key position forwards only get traded if people pay way, way over the odds, if they have proven they'll never make it or if they demand a trade.

We got lucky with Schulz. Considering our list, we got ridiculously lucky. Aiming to trade in a KPF is fraught with danger because every other club who doesn't have one is also going for one and people know they'll have to pay.

Lobbe/Redden and our first rounder would be unders for any proven quality KPF. Nobody is going to give us a gun KPF, let alone for a ruckman.

Keith to present at the Office of Rec and Sport's innovation and growth through diversity conference.

From Diversity Comes Innovation and Growth Conference

Monday 11 May 2015

Adelaide Convention Centre

North Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia

Office for Recreation and Sport (ORS) Conference: From Diversity Comes Innovation and Growth

Innovation and growth are key to any organisation staying current and viable. Speakers at the From Diversity Comes Innovation and Growth Conference will challenge your view of diversity and how it relates to sport and business. .

The conference aims to draw on the experience of the business world and leaders within the sporting sector to drive change.

Who should attend?

The conference is aimed at managers and leaders fromsporting,business and government organisations. It is relevant to people and organisations who want to:

Ø Be known as strong, vibrant and diverse
Ø Enable change
Ø Innovate not suffocate

You will hear from a broad range of speakers including:

· Rebecca Wilson, well known as a commentator on social issues who lives and breathes sport.

· Bernard Salt, the high-profile Melbourne-based Partner with the global advisory firm KPMG

· Brendan Gale, Chief Executive Officer, Richmond Football Club

· Keith Thomas, Chief Executive Officer, Port Adelaide Football Club

· Anthony Everard,Senior Manager, T20 Big Bash League

· Claire Falls, whoembraces a good challenge such as getting the Pararoos reinstated

· Dr Emma Sherry, La Trobe University

· Mark Anderson, Chief Executive Officer,Swimming Australia

· Jake Parkinson, Chief Executive Officer,South Australian National Football League

· Paul Anderson, Executive Director, Office for Recreation and Sport

Registrations close on Thursday 30 April 2015:

For more information; visit the ORS website http://www.ors.sa.gov.au/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/no...-boys-in-big-win/story-fndv8s6g-1227302371873
PORT Adelaide players Paul Stewart and Angus Monfries had one win on the weekend, but it wasn’t on the football field.
The players spent Sunday at the Maylands Hotel for Poker SA’s Gold event.
The Power pair came head to head in the final round of the competition, with Paul outplaying his teammate Angus to take out the event and scoop the $3580 prize money. While Angus faced his second defeat of the weekend, at least he walked away $2510 richer.
More ...
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/no...-boys-in-big-win/story-fndv8s6g-1227302371873
upload_2015-4-13_20-21-30.png

Not sure if right thread but on my way in on the bus saturday night a fellow port supporter had me and my mate sign a petition to force the SMA / SANFL to stop the crows from covering the honour board race on their home games.

Anyone know if their is an online version of that petition?

I doubt it would get up anyway, honouring an sa football great and its history has always been second to assasinating the PAFC and pretending we never existed in the SANFLs version of fair game.

Not sure if right thread but on my way in on the bus saturday night a fellow port supporter had me and my mate sign a petition to force the SMA / SANFL to stop the crows from covering the honour board race on their home games.

Anyone know if their is an online version of that petition?

I doubt it would get up anyway, honouring an sa football great and its history has always been second to assasinating the PAFC and pretending we never existed in the SANFLs version of fair game.

I didn't think they still did this ??

PORT Adelaide players Paul Stewart and Angus Monfries had one win on the weekend, but it wasn’t on the football field.
The players spent Sunday at the Maylands Hotel for Poker SA’s Gold event.
The Power pair came head to head in the final round of the competition, with Paul outplaying his teammate Angus to take out the event and scoop the $3580 prize money. While Angus faced his second defeat of the weekend, at least he walked away $2510 richer.
More ...
View attachment 124226

Someone fix the big fella up with a PA hat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back