Let's talk Ports!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope I just threw his name out there as a successful midfielder over a long period of time, particularly a clearance midfielder. He seems to be reasonably articulate.

I didn't say he should be looked at just asked the question whether he was worth a look. Seeing Rick so emphatically said NO I thought he might be privy to some info that would preclude him.

This is Rick we're talking about here. He probably just accidentally hit caps lock.

Nope I just threw his name out there as a successful midfielder over a long period of time, particularly a clearance midfielder. He seems to be reasonably articulate.

I didn't say he should be looked at just asked the question whether he was worth a look. Seeing Rick so emphatically said NO I thought he might be privy to some info that would preclude him.
If we were to shake up the midfield coaching group I feel like, if Thompson was a candidate, he would have to have a stand out feature or point of difference to his coaching method, because we'd just be going for more of the same if not (Carr, Voss).

If we were to shake up the midfield coaching group I feel like, if Thompson was a candidate, he would have to have a stand out feature or point of difference to his coaching method, because we'd just be going for more of the same if not (Carr, Voss).

I would prefer someone experienced with recognisable skills as you say, but sometimes well y'know thought bubble. ;)

View attachment 157670

Is that a lightning bolt on that kid's tshirt? We announced the Power brand the next year, right? Maybe putting the feelers out or something.

Nah, the Power/logo/colours etc. was announced just before the 1995 finals. A bunch of Port merch with lightning bolts came out soon after.

What I would do for a fit and firing Brendan Lade at the minute :(

Would have loved Lade vs. Sandilands (Current form). Sandilands was a very tall inanimate carbon rode when Lade was playing.

To be fair to Big Sandi he took a while to sort out his game and learn to use his size and height to maximum advantage and only really came into his prime when Brendon was retired.

Lade2Burgoyne was utterly salivating stuff though!

I have a question to anyone who knows the inner workings of our proud club as to whether our club culture has changed since last year. It just seems some players are coasting like the motivation to better them selves isnt present. Thoughts
Re-watch the games for your answer.

Nah, the Power/logo/colours etc. was announced just before the 1995 finals. A bunch of Port merch with lightning bolts came out soon after.

However.... if you look at the post game of the 92 GF someone in the crowd had a banner that said "Port Power" and gave it to (I think) Roger Delaney who took it on the lap of honour.... start of something big!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just compared the final showdown at AAMI and the most recent one. Both incredibly similar, the only real difference was that the cows scored in the last quarter at AAMI and won the one at AO where they lost the one at AAMI. Just before Robbie Gray scored at AAMI with 5.45 to go we were 20 points down. In the game at AO Matt Lobbe was lining up when we were 21 points down and there was 5.23 to go. There was still 1.06 but the ball was held up in the centre twice for stoppages and then Krakouer's kick forward was hurried and marked by a defender.

Just compared the final showdown at AAMI and the most recent one. Both incredibly similar, the only real difference was that the cows scored in the last quarter at AAMI and won the one at AO where they lost the one at AAMI. Just before Robbie Gray scored at AAMI with 5.45 to go we were 20 points down. In the game at AO Matt Lobbe was lining up when we were 21 points down and there was 5.23 to go. The fact that that was a set shot may just have cost us as the few extra seconds we didn't have may have led to the final slapdash entry which was marked by a defender. I would have expected us to set up with at least three forwards for the final play of the match as it was all or nothing but when the ball came in there was no-one there.

I thought to myself that that game was their 'Showdown 35' type win. I can live with that since there was no Monfries bounce and it wasn't us giving up the decent lead.

Well thank God 2007 was 8 years ago. The further and further away we get from it, the better!

11202089_2342411165806060_5219463144195215719_n.jpg

Next year...

Get rid of all vice captain labels on current leadership group.

Keep Boak labelled captain

Give Ollie the label of VC

give chad the label of god ...

and be done with it....

This club has more captains for just 22 men then most multi national company boards. We seem to give them to just about anybody.

There's been a lot of talk about 2015 in that Geelong 2006 fashion. However I'd like to compare us to a completely different beast.

Where we sit right now reminds me more of Adelaide post 2006. In 2006 they led the league by a decent margin but faltered late in the season. They got to a prelim but never really recovered. They snuck into the 2007 finals, unlike us this year (though there were less teams back then), but they're weak list was eventually exposed for having a lot of top end talent surrounded by average players.

I hope I'm wrong, but right now I just dont see this 2006 Geelong team comparison. Holes in the key positions up forward, not enough pace and quality amongst our small forwards when Wingard and Gray aren't in there, issues with pace and the ground ball down back, issues winning contested ball, a very average ruckman and limited depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back