Rumour Leuenberger to leave Brisbane

Maybe that to but from what i know he is a favorite at William Hill gets looked after by Gerry Welsh

Gerry only looks after the big players

Culture hasn't been better since Daisy and Beams left

Hope Cloke hasnt loaded up on himself for the Coleman this year then...

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure. Its all come out the blue. Could be he wants number one ruck role and leppa wants luey to play there. Some one might have offered him some coin and that number one ruck role who might be in there premiership window.

If Lepptisch doesn't want to play Martin as #1 ruck then is smart to look for a move given he's absolutely killed it the last 20-30 games.

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Makes sense - T-Bell will pobably be out the door - Giles and Mckernan are VFL standard rucks.
So, despite possibly losing your number 1 ruckman, your ruck stocks would probably be strengthened if that eventuates. Not a bad outcome for the Bombers.

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
We will lose one of martin or luenburger. Which one i dont know. But if luey leaves for the money rather than location that would be the best result for us as it could be enough to land that melbourne style priority pick.

Probably end of first round priority id say. Pick 19/20. So could have potentially pick 1, 19 & 20 (without catering for other free agents) Not a bad result.
Martin is a gun, hope you guys can keep him

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Probably end of first round priority id say. Pick 19/20. So could have potentially pick 1, 19 & 20 (without catering for other free agents) Not a bad result.
Martin is a gun, hope you guys can keep him
Yeah i cant see leuy getting a big enough contract for band 1 compo. If he did however it would leave us with picks 1,2 and 19.

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah i cant see leuy getting a big enough contract for band 1 compo. If he did however it would leave us with picks 1,2 and 19.

Haha would be a huge win, but don't see the contract being that big. If he wasn't so injured & put consistent performances (like against freo) together he would

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Haha would be a huge win, but don't see the contract being that big. If he wasn't so injured & put consistent performances (like against freo) together he would
Yeah me neither. Would be best case if he was to leave. Would freo be keen on him?

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah me neither. Would be best case if he was to leave. Would freo be keen on him?

Don't think so.
Already have 5 rucks on our list.
Sandi, Griffin & Clarke with Hannath & Moller developing.

Luey would be better at a club that needs a no1 ruck

Lions will probably get a 2nd rounder for him, after the injury scare on the weekend. Don't think clubs will be willing to give enough to warrant a first round compo pick for his contract.
Which if we're smart, we'd just match any offer and keep him.

Especially if Martin wants out.

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
If his contract isn't large enough to get us band 1 compo we will match the bid and hopefully keep him.
You wanna keep a player who has said he wants out?

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
Match it so we can get better value in a trade or keep him
Again, you really wanna keep a player who has said he wants out? If he goes to the PSD would you take him with pick 1 ahead of the Dons?

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
Good to know Danger is safe should he walk to the PSD :p

basil_zempilas

Senior List
Jun 11, 2015
Footy Central
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
The Mighty Roys
I think in the coming weeks more will be made of Rockliff's unpopularity amongst the playing group once more players start to jump ship.

I think in the coming weeks more will be made of Rockliff's unpopularity amongst the playing group once more players start to jump ship.

Heard this from a mate of a mates brothers friends sisters pet hampster...?

Back