Recommitted Levi Casboult [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Never heard anything at any time of Casboult wanting to leave. He is no champion but he is one of the very best marks in the league. With a fit Kruezer in ruck Casboult helping out around the ground with his marking presence is still a value to our team even if he never becomes a stay at home forward. Think he is very much your Leigh Brown type but more upside. Would love to see him and Kruezer together for the next decade as we rebuild from bottom up. I think that is exactly what I will see.

Nice enough kicking efficiency stats....but not hard to achieve when he only averages about 5 a game as a 25yo and 7 years in the AFL. No-one takes a better looking mark than Levi(maybe Howe), but Levi is strictly C-Grade. Provides little other than a great looking mark or 2 each game.

If we can get anything decent for him, maybe in a package with Bell up north, i'd be rapt.

players like Levi IMO are invaluable when it comes to structure. One of the best marks in the comp and will always at a minimum bring the ball down to the runners. Carlton's problem was I50's and structure going forward. He also provides the chop out option when a team is under pressure.

If I was Freo I would be going hard at him. And maybe they are.

You keep peddling this rubbish. He isn't very good. Hasn't shown anything to say he will be. If so good why don't you keep him. After Hawkins you guys don't have a lot.
You even said it yourself.
Handy doesn't equal good.

I am not claiming he's the next Tony Lockett. But he is not a complete spud either. We've been forced to throw him around the park and pinch hit in different roles, without letting him settle in one position, and seems to lack confidence because of it.

I personally would not mind keeping him, since he's one of our few big men who can actually stay on the park in recent times. But it's fair to say that if 2 of Clark/Stanley/Vardy are fit, then he is one "second ruck/forward" too many. Afresh start and the confidence that comes with playing a specific role would be the best thing for him.

He would be basically a like-for-like for Casboult. Not a superstar, never going to be a 100 goal a season player, will have his quiet games. But he can fill a role for you.

I am not claiming he's the next Tony Lockett. But he is not a complete spud either. We've been forced to throw him around the park and pinch hit in different roles, without letting him settle in one position, and seems to lack confidence because of it.

I personally would not mind keeping him, since he's one of our few big men who can actually stay on the park in recent times. But it's fair to say that if 2 of Clark/Stanley/Vardy are fit, then he is one "second ruck/forward" too many. Afresh start and the confidence that comes with playing a specific role would be the best thing for him.

He would be basically a like-for-like for Casboult. Not a superstar, never going to be a 100 goal a season player, will have his quiet games. But he can fill a role for you.

No he won't - definitely not good enough quality.

Walker to Carlton has had traction in the media, and I haven't seen any quotes from Carlton shooting it down. So it seems they are at least thinking about it.

Be assured he is not rated at all other than the Cattery.

players like Levi IMO are invaluable when it comes to structure. One of the best marks in the comp and will always at a minimum bring the ball down to the runners. Carlton's problem was I50's and structure going forward. He also provides the chop out option when a team is under pressure.

If I was Freo I would be going hard at him. And maybe they are.

That is just not the player that Levi is though, unfortunately. He is not a magnet type Power Forward. He doesn't get involved in enough contests.

He just generally doesn't do enough of anything other than take some magnificent looking strong marks now and then.

He doesn't get it enough. He doesn't pressure enough on the way out. He doesn't direct the forward line enough. He doesn't tackle enough. He doesn't contribute to goals/scores enough.

And god help him if his improved converting was only temporary good fortune. He did improve it the 2nd half of this season. But it is still hard to have confidence in that action.

I'm just not a Levi fan. I just hope another club, Brisbane/Essendon need a forward enough to offer us something decent.

To me, if we can get more for Levi than we pay for Walker, then that is a decent result. Because they offer similar amounts. Neither is better or worse imo.

Look at it this way then. If you believe the rumours we are into Tomlinson. Add him to Jaksch and I would think they will be given the greatest amount of opportunity from Bolton in a developing team. Add A.Walker and Everitt to them and we have 4 blokes that will all be in front of J.Walker in terms of opportunity. We already have Jones as that bloke we don't know what to do with so adding Walker to that mix doesn't make sense.

I think a good trade would be bell and casboult for aish and a late pick. I think that's fair

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never heard anything at any time of Casboult wanting to leave. He is no champion but he is one of the very best marks in the league. With a fit Kruezer in ruck Casboult helping out around the ground with his marking presence is still a value to our team even if he never becomes a stay at home forward. Think he is very much your Leigh Brown type but more upside. Would love to see him and Kruezer together for the next decade as we rebuild from bottom up. I think that is exactly what I will see.

Bit unnecessary, I would have thought.

You can trade aish to collingwood, we will take a draft pick for bell and hold onto casboult unless someone bids something worthwhile.

Not interested in trading 2 players who give a damn for 1 that doesn't.

This.
Aish has not even shown enough to think he will be anything of substance. No way giving up two players that play in our side each week for another maybe type player that could be de-listed in two years time if he does not develop. I think Aish is spoken up because of his name. His father was a quality player back in SANFL so with his name so many think he will make it from the media but plenty of off spring of quality players are not quite up to it. I not seen enough of him play to be sure either way but never heard those that seen him play for Lions speak of him in glowing terms. Lewis Taylor seems well ahead of him from similar age group.
Probably be Bell for pick 20 to help him be closer to his father.

What about a 3 way trade between Collingwood Carlton and Brisbane

Collingwood in: aish
Collingwood out: Seedsman trade(second/third rounder) freeman trade(second/third rounder)

Carlton in: 2x second rounders
Carlton out: bell, casboult

Brisbane in: bell, casboult
Brisbane out: aish

What about a 3 way trade between Collingwood Carlton and Brisbane

Collingwood in: aish
Collingwood out: Seedsman trade(second/third rounder) freeman trade(second/third rounder)

Carlton in: 2x second rounders
Carlton out: bell, casboult

Brisbane in: bell, casboult
Brisbane out: aish
No we're over paying for both Casboult and Bell would rather draft Schache and then trade for Jed Anderson

Last edited:
Love watching casbolt play. I always pretend its the first time ive seen him play and he takes these great grabs, and you think "wow this guy is a beast", then he kicks......lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back