Oppo Camp Levi Greenwood to be on SEN after 6.00 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greenwood will be missed.

Adams has been rubbish for 2 years now. His stats may look good in 2-3 games, but he was mainly ineffective.

Greenwood > Adams.

Simple.
No one is making that comparison as they played significantly different roles.

What a precious lot at times.

We gave him a one year deal which, if grinding away for two years with no consistent selection wasn't bad enough, was simply insulting.

The guy has netted himself four years, more money, a prime midfield role and possibly a coach who will reward hard work and effort instead of selecting pipsqueak squibs automatically to 'give them experience '.

Good luck to him. He's shown a lot of class in this situation. No pleasing some people though. Apparently he's meant to happily accept mediocre deals, and sleep on a bed of rusty nails for the good of North Melbourne, or else he's a woeful bloke who was never any good.

3 or 4 upgraded contracts during the year bloody oath he's supposed to stay at North. We did put 7 years into him and he gave us back one. The only squib is him and a feral squib at that.

He is a player that left for money. The ultimate irony is that Buckley was at the presser, the same Buckley who left Brisbane for premierships. Think about it and perhaps have some sympathy for greenwood
Lets be honest here Magpies dropped Luke Ball, then lost Beams they had in their budget to offer overs for Levi. (Decent pay rise) Good luck to him, anyone of you who are bleeding would have done the same i.e.: uncertainty of time in the centre (job security) on top of salary offer by NMFC. He had to take the money.

Look at it another way, Spitta doesn't injure his achilles and plays his normal role, Greenwood would be still labouring to get a senior game.

I think and hope Jacobs will be the beneficiary of Greenwoods departure.

Will be interesting to see how the boys react when we play the Pies. It becomes pretty obvious on the field whether there are any ill-feelings or not. Been a messy business, but still not clear whether the Levi-Brad relationship had soured over the past years or he was getting the necessary shake up to step up a level, and whether the negotiations were unfair (i.e.. coming off a contract that was overs with offers that were unders) or not, or whether it was just run-of-the-mill footy opportunism or greed. He better get used to higher expectations and scrutiny. Enjoy life at the filth with the FIGJAM.

3 or 4 upgraded contracts during the year bloody oath he's supposed to stay at North. We did put 7 years into him and he gave us back one. The only squib is him and a feral squib at that.

Thats rubbish, he gave us heaps of effort for little reward until this year.
The squibs are the ones with gold passes who always got games ahead of him.

I don't understand this bonehead idea that people have, that we carried him on our list for seven years and he finally decided to be good for one.

He was always good, always gave effort and, if anything, put up with the club for longer than he should have. Should have been a regular player from 2011 onwards. But no, we had too many semi -interested kids to convince that afl football was worth their effort. It was utter, utter bullshit.

He finally got a decent crack at playing senior footy, and showed what he always would have shown, is more the truth.

Or maybe a year of not being played as a tagger only and then dropped after 2 games, but being played as a ball hunter might have helped. I dunno, im just guessing.

Better contract wouldve been signed earlier.

If he was so terrible, why the sour grapes?

Move on.

I am happy for Patrick, I would have dropped North like a hot potato for $1.8m and I love the club. It is not like we are a guarantee of success, we still have a lot of issues with the team and I don't think he is a Scott fan, for good reason, the muppet started him for the first half as a tagger against an opposition half back in an Elimination Final, some serious alarm bells there...

It wasn't about money or security.

If the Levi deal was about money, he would have gone to the dogs who were offering him half a mill.

He didn't.

Instead, he chose the filth.

So * him.

He turned his back on North and ****ed us over at the tade table by only nominating one club.

He deserves everything he gets and I don't think others on here should be begruging for wanting to stick the knives in under the circumstances.

How does that make them "squibs"?

The players can't be held accountable for decisions made at the selection table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see how the boys react when we play the Pies. It becomes pretty obvious on the field whether there are any ill-feelings or not.

I'm not sure it's that clear. You'd think Hawthorn players were dirty at Buddy but off-field it looks a lot different. Suspect it comes down to whether they think said player will get sucked into such tactics.

Thats rubbish, he gave us heaps of effort for little reward until this year.

I don't understand this bonehead idea that people have, that we carried him on our list for seven years and he finally decided to be good for one.

He was always good, always gave effort and, if anything, put up with the club for longer than he should have. Should have been a regular player from 2011 onwards. But no, we had too many semi -interested kids to convince that afl football was worth their effort. It was utter, utter bullshit.

He finally got a decent crack at playing senior footy, and showed what he always would have shown, is more the truth.

Or maybe a year of not being played as a tagger only and then dropped after 2 games, but being played as a ball hunter might have helped. I dunno, im just guessing.

Better contract wouldve been signed earlier.

If he was so terrible, why the sour grapes?

Move on.

Wtf are you on about? In 2011 he averaged 15.5 disposals a game and went on a run of 11 games straight playing 13 for the year. Then backed it up the year after with averaging 13 disposals a game only playing 5 games. Hardly impressive numbers for a midfielder.

How can you say that other players were given games before him when he had a fair crack at it in 2011. All the other players you speak of had better numbers than he did bar Cunnington who we had to pump games into.

Anyway, i'm happy he left because we had far too many players of his sort in the team. So he can go shove his 1.8mil right where its fits because he would have to be the 3rd most overpaid player in the league, right behind Scully and Boyd. Apologies to Boyd as who can blame the kid :eek:.

Last edited:
Do not care if you renounce Levi or think he's a dog for leaving.

I do care that people are saying things along the lines of 'I'm glad he's gone, he wasn't any good anyway'. What a load of poppycock. He's a fantastic player who is hard as nails and gives 100% every time he goes out there. It's not a fatal blow to us, we have a bit of depth in that area, but don't pretend it's anything other than our loss and Collingwood's significant gain.

But hey, whatever makes you sleep at night...

What I'd like to see is not Jack Ziebell running through Levi but JZ shaking hands with him after we roll Collingwood by an easy ten goals.

And Brad Scott perhaps reminding uber talented ultra gun FIGJAM that he won two premierships as a player while Bucks won none.

And then JZ winning two for us while Levi has his money and Bucks.

I didn't hear the interview, but did read the Hun article after yesterday's press conference. In that, Levi's priority was being a first choice senior midfielder, and only Collingwood offered that, so with more money and years it was a pretty straightforward decision. The comment about the crowds seemed more about an extra reason to go with the Pies over the Dogs - not part of why he left North.

I'm pretty sure if he had been offered a better deal in the first place it wouldn't have come to him fielding offers - he'd have signed already. Given our otherwise good history in keeping players, North pulled the wrong rein there. Not a killer blow, but a disappointing mistake. I don't have hard feelings, just sad ones. Move along.

I don't blame him for taking Collingwood's offer. *, this time last year he was looking at playing suburban footy. $1.8 over four years? Not a bad transformation.

Given his track record, I don't blame North for not throwing cash at him either. You have to be realistic in what you can offer.

I loved the way he went about it and I hate that he's gone, but I don't hate him for leaving. Mind you I don't wish him well either. I just don't give a s**t about him anymore.

Glad he is gone in a way as now Jacobs should get a run in an inside role.

And more importantly if Jacobs does not show much, the quicker we get to Dumont.

Both of them actually showed more than Levi at VFL level at a much younger age.

The bitterness on here about someone just getting themselves a better deal (after we screwed up by not providing a decent one earlier) is laughable.

But waite, Higgins, dal Santo.. Oh no, theyre great loyal clubmen. Fully within their rights to get the best they can.

But greenwood can f right off..?

LOL.

Do you ever ask yourself why Greenwood wasn't part of the group who had games pumped into them? Or do you just assume that he had a different set of rules applied to him, despite being the same age profile as all the others?

BTW effort counts for very little if it is directed the wrong way. I'd suggest Brad was fully aware of the effort as evidenced by the videos of him gushing over Greenwood at training.

^ I agree with a lot of your sentiments in this thread. Many have directed irrational ill-feeling toward Levi, perhaps so as not to feel bad about him leaving.

Unfortunately, you did exactly the same thing in labelling players selected ahead of him as “squibs”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back