Traded Levi Greenwood traded for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

an all australian, premiership player, 4th in this years bnf. second round is fair.

based on the offer from North to Greenwood and 70 odd games in 7(?) years he is a 3rd round pick.

Ok few things wrong with this. 1- Harry O- only 1 club interested, and lets be honest wont be playing at pies if the trade doesnt go through and also dees dont have a 3rd rounder anymore due to f/s so i am thinking 4th or trading on a 3rd they get from elsewhere. NO way it is worth dees 2nd rounder, as there is no downside, what are pies going to do?? keep him? they almost cut him due to the poster stuff...

Greenwood 2nd in b/f worth 2 picks int he 20s which is exactly what doggies are offering, so either match or offer what you get from beams trade. Otherwise your complaining about beams unders will fall on deaf ears for north supporters.

Brent Harvey on Trade Radio:

"Speaking to people at football club, exchanging texts with Levi, the offer he got, the club was never going to match"

Sounds like Greenwood has the Beams money. What happens if the Beams deal doesn't get done and the Greenwood deal does?

Brent Harvey on Trade Radio:

"Speaking to people at football club, exchanging texts with Levi, the offer he got, the club was never going to match"

Sounds like Greenwood has the Beams money. What happens if the Beams deal doesn't get done and the Greenwood deal does?
Pretty sure salary cap isn't an issue at the moment, we could easily fit them both in. I am sure we will have a fair whack set aside for a crack at Danger next year as a free agent, just look at the list of players we've lost over the past 2 seasons. Don't want Beams to stay now anyway after missing the B'n'F.

If dogs offer that and pies 30.. and greenwood refused then he'd be the biggest nob.

Remember the Luke Ball situation? The Saints were offered a poor deal and we held out for something better. Eventually Ball decided he didn't care if St Kilda got anything and walked out, put a price on his head and jumped into the ND. Collingwood got him for pick 30. The Saints had no leverage in that situation. Same is true of North here - it's de facto free agency. There's no onus on the player to feel any gratitude whatsoever to his original club.

Remember the Luke Ball situation? The Saints were offered a poor deal and we held out for something better. Eventually Ball decided he didn't care if St Kilda got anything and walked out, put a price on his head and jumped into the ND. Collingwood got him for pick 30. The Saints had no leverage in that situation. Same is true of North here - it's de facto free agency. There's no onus on the player to feel any gratitude whatsoever to his original club.
Yeah but Ball was a massive NOB as well

Correct me if im wrong, by the same token you could reference Jade Rawlings who went to the Dogs as they were prepared to fork out the coin, and reluctantly went there in the end. Dogs have allegedly put forward a better offer than the Pies. Not sure in the Ball situation that other clubs were as keen as the Pies were.

That being said a deal will get done where we'll take unders rather than start a reputation for being difficult to deal with.

IF Beams deal doesn't get done then Greenwood to Collingwood would be on very shaky ground. North will want a decent second round pick and knowing the Lions are offering Collingwood their second pick i'm sure that's what North would look at. Harry O aint getting to Melbourne for their second round pick. Be the biggest overs ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF Beams deal doesn't get done then Greenwood to Collingwood would be on very shaky ground. North will want a decent second round pick and knowing the Lions are offering Collingwood their second pick i'm sure that's what North would look at. Harry O aint getting to Melbourne for their second round pick. Be the biggest overs ever.

Whilst I agree that Harry O for a 2nd rounder is massive overs, Greenwood is uncontracted, and will get to Collingwood one way or another.

Thing is though, Ball ended up going to Collingwood for the same money and pick they were offering. So, you basically just lost pick 30, and they ended up with what they wanted.
Was worth it, to make a stand that it wasn't fair compensation, but an extra young player could have been handy at St Kilda.

If Greenwood ends up in the draft, I'd hazard a guess at him not making it to Collingwood at pick 30 (or whatever their pick is). So the goal posts are in a different position this time.

I wish he picked the hawks. Best to deal with at this time if the year.

You do realise the guy who runs North Melbourne's trading is a Collingwood person?
Geoff has said a trade will get very quickly. He is happy with the dialogue between Collingwood and North and both parties are on the same page.

he was north, then collingwood, then north.

Was Collingwood before North.
Played U19's and reserves at Collingwood and had his first admin job there.
Then he went to Carlton and then North, came back to Coll and left last year after a blue with Pert.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back