Levi Greenwood [Wants to go to Collingwood]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not thinking about this one much TBH - As someone else said, this reeks of Liam just playing the manager game to extract some more coin for his client out of Norf

Not thinking about this one much TBH - As someone else said, this reeks of Liam just playing the manager game to extract some more coin for his client out of Norf
True, but, money talks and if we can offer him enough without being silly, you just never know.

2nd round pick with him being out of contract is about right in my opinion.

The main thing is to give him a deal he won't refuse and other clubs won't touch without messing up our TPP.

He's at his peak and a bonafide inside midfielder. North gave him 2 years, I'd give him a 4 year deal. Shows our want for him. Giving him that security makes North not match the deal and puts pressure on losing him for nothing via the PSD. We don't want that to happen but being out of contract in this environment makes it a players platform to get where you want to go.

I'm not confident we will get him, but let's see.

I believe the club is thinking exactly like you Tigerbob. It is a win/win because if we don't get him, we force North to use more cap then they would have normally needed to keep him.

True, but, money talks and if we can offer him enough without being silly, you just never know.

I think he'll stay, but the curious bit for mine is the money.

For all the insistence that he's worth a first rounder...If his own club doesn't even rate him as being worth $350K/yr (or about 1/30th of the salary cap), then he can't have a lot of trade value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whispers coming out that RFC is very interested in securing Greenwood from Norf.

"Industry sources estimated Greenwood, 25, was worth about $350,000 a season the back of his dazzling onball performance this season. But it is believed North’s contract is worth significantly less and includes performance-based incentives."
I'm not sure of the figure, but either way Norf will need to offer him more on his next contract for him to re-sign. With them chasing Waite and Higgins now and already paying Dal Shitso way more than he's worth I don't think they have enough room in their cap to offer Greenwood a lot more.

We are heavily in the mix to accuire a seasoned inside mid, and imo Greenwood would be the perfect fit. Watched alot of him in 2014, was easily their second best behind harvey. From all reports also a very tough but humble character. He is elite as a defensive mid. Works very hard both ways. Not overly quick but has decent pace (good closing speed). Is great at the contest and winning hard ball, elite tackling, and is an above average user of the ball / link up player. Would slot right into the center bounce next to Cotch and Miles. He's also the sort of bloke you could sit on a Beams type all day and is very capable of beating or at least breaking even against the best in the comp.

Scott used him primarily as a defensive mid/tagger at the start of the season, but things changed a bit when he started beating his man and collecting 30+ himself and kicking goals. In the middle and backend of 2014 he was let loose a lot more offensively, and showed to be a player more than capable of becoming an elite inside/outside mid.

Season Highlights
dot.gif
32 disps (20 kicks 12 hballs), 7 marks, 7 tackles and a goal in Elimination Final 12-pt win over Essendon at the MCG (6 Sep 2014)
dot.gif
25 disps (20 kicks 5 hballs), 6 marks and a goal in Rd 19 32-pt loss to Geelong at Etihad Stadium (2 Aug 2014)
dot.gif
27 disps (18 kicks 9 hballs), 6 marks, 7 tackles and 2 goals in Rd 16 20-pt win over Hawthorn at Etihad Stadium (4 Jul 2014)
dot.gif
30 disps (19 kicks 11 hballs), 8 marks, 4 tackles and 2 goals in Rd 14 41-pt win over Melbourne at the MCG (22 Jun 2014)
dot.gif
32 disps (18 kicks 14 hballs), 6 marks and a goal in Rd 13 36-pt loss to Adelaide at Adelaide Oval (14 Jun 2014)
dot.gif
29 disps (15 kicks 14 hballs), 6 marks, 5 tackles and a goal in Rd 12 28-pt win over Richmond at Etihad Stadium (8 Jun 2014)
dot.gif
33 disps (17 kicks 16 hballs) and 12 marks in Rd 11 38-pt win over West Coast at Patersons Stadium (1 Jun 2014)
dot.gif
33 disps (22 kicks 11 hballs), 8 marks and 8 tackles in Rd 10 20-pt loss to Geelong at Simonds Stadium (23 May 2014)
dot.gif
27 disps (15 kicks 12 hballs), 5 marks, 8 tackles and a goal in Rd 7 43-pt loss to Gold Coast at Etihad Stadium (4 May 2014)
dot.gif
34 disps (17 kicks 17 hballs), 11 marks and 7 tackles in Rd 3 7-pt win over Port Adelaide at Etihad Stadium (6 Apr 2014)

What do you blokes think? I personally think this an A grade AFL player just about to hit his prime, and for the right price could be our trade of the year (ala Miles 2013). Is also the type of player we need. If the figure is the reported $350k a year then get it done ASAP. We won't see another player of his quality happy to come over for $300-400k. Gonna come down to how much he wants, and how much we and Norf are willing to offer.

He won't be long term with Cotch and Miles because Cotch is a centre, Miles a rover so we need a ruck rover and 181cm is too short. See Swans v Hawthorn in the GF!

We need inside guys 188cm plus which we have lacked for years!

Correct me if I'm wrong. But this is why the AFL brought in Free Agency rules to allow greater player movement when clubs are stuck like this.
Seeing as Greenwood is out of contract, if North are not able to offer him a suitable contract, but we are, he walks to us as a restricted free agent??

If rumors are true and North get Waite and Higgins, I'm sure this will push their salary cap, and will be limited to what they can offer. We offer a greater deal, North have a few days to meet that offer, cant.. so he walks to Tigers!

Correct me if I'm wrong. But this is why the AFL brought in Free Agency rules to allow greater player movement when clubs are stuck like this.
Seeing as Greenwood is out of contract, if North are not able to offer him a suitable contract, but we are, he walks to us as a restricted free agent??

If rumors are true and North get Waite and Higgins, I'm sure this will push their salary cap, and will be limited to what they can offer. We offer a greater deal, North have a few days to meet that offer, cant.. so he walks to Tigers!
Not a free agent until next year. We'd have to trade for him.

Why would anyone live in South Australia....
Please keep posts in this thread on topic. Someone should report you to a.........oh wait nevermind.

$350k is about the money for a player who has been on the list since 2007 and played 70 odd games . Had somewhat of a break out year yet doesn't appear to have a high level of potential. Reasonable to suggest he may have been delisted had he not come on this year. Clearly remember similar talk about Nahas at the end of 2012 and many thinking he was going to be a superstar.

$350k is about the money for a player who has been on the list since 2007 and played 70 odd games . Had somewhat of a break out year yet doesn't appear to have a high level of potential. Reasonable to suggest he may have been delisted had he not come on this year. Clearly remember similar talk about Nahas at the end of 2012 and many thinking he was going to be a superstar.
The write up stated he was offered much less than that for what it worth.

Not a free agent until next year. We'd have to trade for him.

So why the hell throw another second rounder for nothing like Hampson when you can get him for nothing next year? Do people want to be other club's bitches or what? Amazing why do we have to donate all the time and others take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back