Player Watch Levi Greenwood (Retired 2021)

Wooljay

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2009
Omicron Persei 8
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
Best part of this trade, hope he keeps up the form and dominates next year.

Very excited to see how Levi goes.

It is Offical Just waiting for Announcement

I take 'official' to mean when it appears on the afl.com.au live tracker feed - is that fair?

Crisp and Greenwood trades are not on the live tracker feed yet, Varcoe is.

hellfire

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 21, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona
Great get. He had a seriously good year and I would argue he was as good as Beams this year (he is certainly far superior in terms of his clearance work).

Hopefully he can continue that form in 2015 and beyond.

Oct 7, 2010
Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood

donnie5

All Australian
Mar 22, 2008
Brunswick
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Welcome Levi, good pick up for us. Ready made replacement for Luke Ball. He and Adams can provide that grunt for us in the middle and perhaps provide Pendlebury with the protection he needs at the stoppages. Good luck Levi, hopefully he can progress further as a footballer at the pies.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good luck to Greenwood. We just couldn't match the contract you were offering. But you have to pay over the odds to address a weakness sometimes.

Courageous as they come. Works hard. Very good athlete. I will never forget his goal against Brisbane a few years back to put us back infront after the lions had stormed home. Right on the boundary, wrong side for a left footer, my mate turned to me and said "Levi is the worst person to be having this shot". I agreed but somehow it sailed through winning us the match.

Sad to see him go and wish North hadn't had undervalued him throughout his career as often as they did (including a crap mid year contract offer).

All the best.

Back