Player Watch Levi Greenwood (Retired 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Levi collingwood is back,The 25-year-old had 18 touches in the term as Collingwood kicked ten straight goals to just two behinds from Werribee.

600.jpg

Listen to Levi Greenwood chat with Collingwood Media's Sam Gastin following his return from an ankle injury in the VFL Magpies' win over Werribee at Victoria Park.
150614_greenwood300.jpg

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-06-14/greenwoods-explosive-return

Wait, wait, wait. What? Did they say 18 possies in a quarter? :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

Collingwood is that conservative that he is likely to play another 2-3 games in the VFL before he is allowed to play seniors.
Personally I think he should come straight into the seniors and depending on how he is tracking either play out the game or getting subbed out of the game. Over a few weeks the club can build his minutes until he can play out a full game.

I would give him at least another week in the VFL. He ddn't play a full game and often 1st week back after a long term layoff goes well as player is fresh. May find it much tougher withal full AFL game. Will be hard to drop anyone next game and Blair and Grundy also need to come back in. Reid close now also. Greenwood won't be harmed by more VFL time.

Last edited:
Collingwood is that conservative that he is likely to play another 2-3 games in the VFL before he is allowed to play seniors.
Personally I think he should come straight into the seniors and depending on how he is tracking either play out the game or getting subbed out of the game. Over a few weeks the club can build his minutes until he can play out a full game.

Isn't that what the VFL is for? We can't go into a game against Freo, then Hawthorn, whilst managing the game time of players. They have to be capable of running out a full game, or they are just a liability

I agree. The guy has played a great quarter of footy after a very long spell. He needs some more time. We have some good results on the board so far, must keep the faith in the players that have achieved them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A cert this week with Adams most likely to miss.
Even so I think he would have played anyway.

Yep with Adams out then Greenwood is the Obvious player to come in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back