Rumour Lewis Jetta gone from Swans at years end

Remove this Banner Ad

Eshay187

Premium Platinum
Apr 26, 2012
Grill
AFL Club
Sydney
A lot probably won't care but apparently what his manger is asking and what the Swans are offering are worlds apart.

Expect him to be gone.

How much would Sydney offer him, how much is too much?
Decent trade bait however, especially with the all the talented younger players coming in over the next two years

With Cola being phased out, Hannebry resigned, Buddy's contract and the need to resign Tippett, can't see where they have the money to pay him what he wants. Sydney will trade him for draft picks rather than a player I reckon, provides a little bit of salary cap space to keep someone else. Sure they'd love to keep him, but don't think he is a massive loss for them.

i expect a straight trade with WCE for a key position defender or ruck.

Who?

Not Mackenzie, McGovern, Naitanui or Lycett.

I can't see the Eagles giving up Mitch Brown either, although while he's not a Mackenzie/Naitanui, he's a solid 27 y.o key back who is a decent second fiddle to Mackenzie.

Leaves Callum Sinclair and he's getting games anyway for the Eagles.

Will Schofield isn't what you'd be looking for anyway. Not a no.1 KD for mine, and that's what Sydney need.

Really don't see how you get a KD or ruck from the Eagles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who?

Not Mackenzie, McGovern, Naitanui or Lycett.

I can't see the Eagles giving up Mitch Brown either, although while he's not a Mackenzie/Naitanui, he's a solid 27 y.o key back who is a decent second fiddle to Mackenzie.

Leaves Callum Sinclair and he's getting games anyway for the Eagles.

Will Schofield isn't what you'd be looking for anyway. Not a no.1 KD for mine, and that's what Sydney need.

Really don't see how you get a KD or ruck from the Eagles.
I was thinking Brown really yeh... not saying its a lock, but think they may consider it.

Sydney can't trade in anyone decent with the restriction put on them by the AFL. If he goes they will only get draft picks.

The Swans will be in massive trouble if they lose Jetta. He's just about their best kick and is as quick as the wind, not many players on their list have either attribute, let alone both.
Would be akin to Freo losing Stephen Hill, Richmond without Deledio or North sans Wells.
Closest we have to jetta skill wise is lloyd. He is an exceptional kicks with bettet defensive skills. No where near as line breaking though

Not really.

With Gaff playing the way he is I see no reason to trade an at worst competent depth key defender for an outside winger who is inferior to Gaff
Better skills than gaff and quicker. Jetta is also very,very good in congestion, he doesnt get recognised for it but he can work his way through traffic. Gaff probably a better tackler and accumulator

Remove this Banner Ad

Back