Rumour Lewis Jetta gone from Swans at years end

Remove this Banner Ad

If Brisbane worked on a performance based pay structure we would've wiped out half our debt so paying him wouldn't be an issue.

Seriously, if Leuenburger goes it will free up a lot of salary cap space, he's on about $600k this year in what was a back-ended contract.

Sydney can only bring in players for less than 350k under the rules. Apparently others offering closer to 450k.

I'd say he's still some chance to end up at WCE but will come down to what happens with Scott Selwood and compensation picks etc.

The club made all the right noises after what happened on the weekend, players tend to live in a bubble, WCE isn't 'Booing arsehole #2, Seat R15', it's his mate Nic Nat from Swan Districts, or the bloke who's in his managers ear, or David Wirrpanda and all his hard work with the club.

Or if Freo will give up their 1st rounder or something involving Zac Clarke, he'll go there.

I don't think he'll be 'the difference' wherever he ends up, hasn't really recaptured that great footy circa 2012.

Well, Sunday didn't endear him to the West Coast fans, nor they to him. I'd love to know what he's thinking now.

Personally, I'd love to see him in the blue and gold. Quick, highly skilled players? Can't have too many of those. But he doesn't fill a desperate need, so I'd not be interested in paying overs.
Tony Lockett rearranged the Swans Peter Cavens face 1 game and 11 weeks later Lockett was a Swan.

So things change quickly

Tony Lockett rearranged the Swans Peter Cavens face 1 game and 11 weeks later Lockett was a Swan.

So things change quickly

Yes, but he didn't do it in protest.

Or did he? Caven wasn't much cop.

We should end up with about picks 15 and 33. I'd do pick 33 for Jetta any day, doubt Sydney would be so keen.

If Selwood goes as a FA and we get an end of 1st round pick (most likely early 20s after other compo picks) I'd do that for Jetta. If we're into Jetta I suspect we're also into Yarran who is around the same age, and also a pacy WA boy who is a constant subject of 'going home' rumours. If we could get one of the two for Selwood I think we'd be happy, but I hope we don't go trading our first round pick. Gotta build for the future as well as the present.

Scotty, I can see where you are coming from, but do you really think that Scott Selwood will net you an end of 1st round pick ?.

By weight of his regular subbing, I'm seeing him as sliding from the Eagles best 22. Does a person outside of the best 22, warrant a 1st round pick ?.

Yarran & Jetta moving, could be some very interesting trades coming up. Maybe even 3 or 4 way trades ?.

We should end up with about picks 15 and 33. I'd do pick 33 for Jetta any day, doubt Sydney would be so keen.

If Selwood goes as a FA and we get an end of 1st round pick (most likely early 20s after other compo picks) I'd do that for Jetta. If we're into Jetta I suspect we're also into Yarran who is around the same age, and also a pacy WA boy who is a constant subject of 'going home' rumours. If we could get one of the two for Selwood I think we'd be happy, but I hope we don't go trading our first round pick. Gotta build for the future as well as the present.

I would prefer Scott to either Jetta or Yarran

Scotty, I can see where you are coming from, but do you really think that Scott Selwood will net you an end of 1st round pick ?.

By weight of his regular subbing, I'm seeing him as sliding from the Eagles best 22. Does a person outside of the best 22, warrant a 1st round pick ?.

Yarran & Jetta moving, could be some very interesting trades coming up. Maybe even 3 or 4 way trades ?.

In a trade no, as a free agent probably. Frawley was first round, Danyle Pearce was second round. All depends what contract Selwood is offered. I think end of first round would be about right.

In a trade no, as a free agent probably. Frawley was first round, Danyle Pearce was second round. All depends what contract Selwood is offered. I think end of first round would be about right.

On top of that, they take age into consideration. As Scott is still fairly young I'd imagine it would be an end of first round compo too.

24 years old, Vice Captain, B&F winner and Cats paying $500k = end of first round pick in the early 20's.

That's how it works.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jetta would be a very good pickup for a team on the cusp of a premiership, and next to useless for a mediocre-to-poor side. Teams like North shouldn't go near him, but West Coast & Freo should be all over him. He is so, so good at his role, but he doesn't do much else.

do you guys reckon that maybe a trade involving Jetta and Dennis Armfield would be a good one? I think Dennis' outside run in a good side would be very valuable and Jetta could use a fresh start at Carlton and replace Yarran.

Thoughts?

do you guys reckon that maybe a trade involving Jetta and Dennis Armfield would be a good one? I think Dennis' outside run in a good side would be very valuable and Jetta could use a fresh start at Carlton and replace Yarran.

Thoughts?
We would only really be looking for mids who can kick well. Jetta is one of the only swans capable of pulling off the occasional drop punt.

We would only really be looking for mids who can kick well. Jetta is one of the only swans capable of pulling off the occasional drop punt.
I think that Dennis is a very good kick, he rarely misses set shots at goal. He'd get plenty of practice with his drop punts if he got as many handballs out the back as Jetta does

Jetta would be a very good pickup for a team on the cusp of a premiership, and next to useless for a mediocre-to-poor side. Teams like North shouldn't go near him, but West Coast & Freo should be all over him. He is so, so good at his role, but he doesn't do much else.
...So an awesome downhill skier?

Thoughts?

Yep the trade for Armfield is a trade to Swan

Districts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back