Analysis Lewis Jetta

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is way too much focus on individual players here. Say Jetta played a blinder in the context of the game - that is he was one of our best five and got around 20 possessions instead of five. What difference would it have made ? At best a goal or two. At best one or two more contested possessions by the Hawks.

Stop it. You are missing the point.

Have any of you watched the game again ?

Have you watched round 18 again ?

What was the score in the to at quarter time - 5.5 to 2.3. Do you want to know what it was round 18 ? 2.7 to 2.3. In both games the Hawks have had about ten scoring shots to five.

In round 18 at the ten minute mark of the third quarter we led by twenty points. The Hawks kicked nine goals to two over the next 25 minutes.

What happened in both games was a systematic destruction of the game plan and our structures. It wasn't that we hadn't come to play. If the Hawks kicked 5.4 to quarter time in round 18 do people think we hadn't come to play ? We got out to a lead of twenty points despite the hawthorn start - do people think we hadn't come to play. The nine goals to two - did we forget to play ?

I am increasingly of the view that the gf performance was entirely predictable because we failed to draw the right lessons from round 18. I am increasingly of the view that coaching and structures were ruthlessly exploited by a better team collectively, coaching, playing, and maybe a bit of attitude. But I think that the complacency on this board was mirrored by the coaches who thought we just had a down day in round 18 when it was much more significant than that. Person after person on this board focused on the down performances of our midfielders I. Round 18 and the upside available. Maybe everyone needs to look at what the Hawks have done to us in a much deeper way.

We can spend all day thinking about whether Jetta and Macca are soft, or maybe we can look more broadly at what hawthorn is doing to us.

Personally I think looking at individual players performances is just stupid when we had at best three winners on the day, and probably more like one.

I just want to know why Longmire decided to change his game style after 2013.

45 goals in a season from a wing apparently isn't very helpful.

Was it just because coaches figured him out?
flexibility, that was Horses mantra, so Jetta had to add strings. Like making a 12 string out of a double bass if you ask me.

Personally I think looking at individual players performances is just stupid when we had at best three winners on the day, and probably more like one.
We had one and it was in the Ruck. I don't know why looking at individual performances is bad, considering we were so unbelievably s**t in every position on the field. It was the worst game I've ever seen Sydney play, live or not, and I've seen some real crap games in Melbourne. The chokes against North and Collingwood, the pounding St Kilda gave us in 2012 up to 3 qtr time, yeah we lost by 4 goals but who gives a s**t when you're 7 goals down at the last change. That magnificent game against Melbourne, the unbelievable amount of lost finals at the MCG, which unfortunately I've witnessed all first hand since 2007. Argh.

Say Jetta played a blinder in the context of the game - that is he was one of our best five and got around 20 possessions instead of five. What difference would it have made ? At best a goal or two. At best one or two more contested possessions by the Hawks.

Never underestimate the psychological impact of particular goals. Some goals are worth far more than six points.

But of course, it's impossible to scientifically quantify.

Just saying, a couple of devastating goals from Jetta could have put Hawks on the defensive. (A place onto which they demonstrably weren't put all day.) Memories of 2012 could have come flooding back into the minds of both sides, with vastly different effects.

There is way too much focus on individual players here. Say Jetta played a blinder in the context of the game - that is he was one of our best five and got around 20 possessions instead of five. What difference would it have made ? At best a goal or two. At best one or two more contested possessions by the Hawks.

What was the score in the to at quarter time - 5.5 to 2.3. Do you want to know what it was round 18 ? 2.7 to 2.3. In both games the Hawks have had about ten scoring shots to five.

In round 18 at the ten minute mark of the third quarter we led by twenty points. The Hawks kicked nine goals to two over the next 25 minutes.

What happened in both games was a systematic destruction of the game plan and our structures. It wasn't that we hadn't come to play. If the Hawks kicked 5.4 to quarter time in round 18 do people think we hadn't come to play ? We got out to a lead of twenty points despite the hawthorn start - do people think we hadn't come to play. The nine goals to two - did we forget to play ?

I am increasingly of the view that the gf performance was entirely predictable because we failed to draw the right lessons from round 18. I am increasingly of the view that coaching and structures were ruthlessly exploited by a better team collectively, coaching, playing, and maybe a bit of attitude. But I think that the complacency on this board was mirrored by the coaches who thought we just had a down day in round 18 when it was much more significant than that. Person after person on this board focused on the down performances of our midfielders I. Round 18 and the upside available. Maybe everyone needs to look at what the Hawks have done to us in a much deeper way.

We can spend all day thinking about whether Jetta and Macca are soft, or maybe we can look more broadly at what hawthorn is doing to us.

This to me is not about one game, its about a player who even in his best games appears to be lazy especially on the defensive side

Hi guys, pardon the intrusion, I understand I'm not welcome around here at the moment.

What was the deal with Jetta arriving at the team hotel with sucking on a baby's dummy? One off or repeat offender?

slept on the plane perhaps

presume it was his kids, didnt he have it back to front? either way think you would take it out

unfortunately I don't think there is too much more upside to Jetta. He is what he is. He's fast, but not as fast as he was. His defensive side has improved, he is still a beautiful kick, he can still contribute to our best 22, but he is at times, too many times, lazy. I'd love to see him get back on the score board again, but I think what you see now is what you get. I'm assuming, if he is still instructed to take the game on, he doesn't listen or can't be arsed. He is certainly not the exciting prospect he was in 2012.

Last edited:
slept on the plane perhaps

presume it was his kids, didnt he have it back to front? either way think you would take it out
It was footage of him between the team bus and the team hotel.
I'd find it hard to believe wags & kids would travel with the team 2 days before the GF.

Anyways thanks for answering, I'll let myself out before being accused of trolling.

See you guys next year. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd find it hard to believe wags & kids would travel with the team 2 days before the GF.

Anyways thanks for answering, I'll let myself out before being accused of trolling.

Ur right mate

Good point re the kids i did think it was odd i just thought maybe the kids were in town

Perhaps he is a tool? Someone else may know

Not really. The kids were with him during the gf parade - as are quite a few kids. I don't think it is right to make too much of it

Not really. The kids were with him during the gf parade - as are quite a few kids. I don't think it is right to make too much of it
At the risk of coming across as a tool.

I 100% understand and support having family around for the occasion of GF week & parade.
I just doubt them travelling WITH the team, as in, in the exact same bus/plane.
I can see wags and family travelling parallel to the team but not with it.

When the team arrived in the team bus it would have had 25 players + 10 coaching and 15 football support staff, physios etc. No room for kids.

Just googled, can't believe there's an actual article complete with animated gif..... http://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...th-at-team-hotel/story-fno61i58-1227071186816

When will this man ever learn. I hope we trade him next week. he is the laziest player on our list. He needs to tackle hard and chase down players. I reckon a tackle bag could out tackle him.

Very well said! Hawks knew how to take our game plan apart, individuals may not have made a difference unless the leaders sparked the team into taking back control of the game.

Haven't posted for awhile but have watched sum of the game and he was terrible, its a pity he couldn't be traded. I would have traded him and Membrey for an early pick and throw in Biggs for another one

I don't agree that we should just trade him off the bat 25yrs old about to come into his prime, he just hasn't been the same since the leg injury has lost a yard of pace and confidence to run and back himself.

He is a great kick one of the best in our side but wow that Grand Final i know he copped a knock but that was one of the worst games i have seen a individual play.

I would rather keep him than trade him off for a second round pick.

Has been stagnating for a long while now. I wouldn't of been too upset to see him let go in trade week but I was happy to keep him too.

Qualifying final, plays his best game in a couple of years. Grand final, plays his worst game in a couple of years. Unfair to blame him for a pathetic team effort but he was certainly a main offender.

I wonder if we could get him onto the HBF with Eski now gone? If there was one criticism of Eski was that he too would let his defensive game lapse at times. You'd almost accept that from Jetta if you could get the ball into his hands often enough coming out of 50. He is a genuine 80m + player.

Has been stagnating for a long while now. I wouldn't of been too upset to see him let go in trade week but I was happy to keep him too.

Qualifying final, plays his best game in a couple of years. Grand final, plays his worst game in a couple of years. Unfair to blame him for a pathetic team effort but he was certainly a main offender.

I wonder if we could get him onto the HBF with Eski now gone? If there was one criticism of Eski was that he too would let his defensive game lapse at times. You'd almost accept that from Jetta if you could get the ball into his hands often enough coming out of 50. He is a genuine 80m + player.

What?

Second highest inside 50's for the comp.
Nobody will disagree that he had a bad game, but he had a pretty good year OVERALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back