Lazar Goz

Team Captain
Oct 19, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Phil Heath
So we ended up trading Lewis Johnston for Tony Armstrong and Pick 35 and 68 which we traded on to get Tommy Walsh..

Read an article hes probably going to debut this week and i always feel disappointed after we traded LJ for a hack.. and a pretty decent second round selection for Walsh, which if we played our cards right we could have held the pick and gotten Michael Talia what does everybody else think I think we lost pretty significantly in the end.

Yes, we definitely lost out heavily here. Though it is worth remembering that the reports on these boards were that the club had issues with his work ethic and attitude. I'm not sure there was much we could do about the trade. There was 1 bidder and it was apparently made clear that Lewis wanted to leave.

The recruiters must have seen something pretty special in Lewis to take him ahead of Dayne Beams, Dan Hannebery, Ryan Schoenmakers, Tom Lynch, David Zaharakis, Jack Redden, Zac Clarke, Steven Motlop, Rory Sloane, Jordan Roughead, Liam Shiels, Michael Walters.

We on-traded those picks for Tommy Walsh!

On Lewis, he always had the talent and showed some freakish skills in the reserves, but you always got the feeling he was just cruising by on his natural ability and not enough hard work was put in when required. Not sure we should be regretting anything based on his Adelaide career so far. He kicked a bucketload of goals in the SANFL last year but couldn't break into their side behind Walker, Tippett and Lynch.

Lewis has talent but im still optimistic about the trade.

Having said that he is one a few picks we threw away and from the outside at least could of given more opportunities too

Maybe it was poor work ethic i guess but was that not evident pre draft

LJ will play for the Crows this week and will have the rest of the year to prove himself hopefully he forges a pretty good career has all the tools.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait, wait, hold up a sec... LJ is yet to play his FIRST game for Adelaide, who are not exactly the greatest club in the world right now and have been struggling with injuries to big men for a while.

Meanwhile, Tony Armstrong has played 15 games in the same amount of time for a Premiership-winning team which possesses an array of HBFs, and while his last few games for us were poor, he has also played some pretty good ones at times.

On LJ for Armstrong alone, we are ahead. As for Walsh, he was just beginning to show something when he did his hamstring. That quarter of footy was the best he'd played since coming to the Swans, and followed up some good form for the reserves in which things looked like they'd finally clicked. Provided he sticks around for the final year of his contract (couldn't blame him if he pulled out), he may yet make it as an AFL player, or at least provide some handy depth.

Wait, wait, hold up a sec... LJ is yet to play his FIRST game for Adelaide, who are not exactly the greatest club in the world right now and have been struggling with injuries to big men for a while.

Meanwhile, Tony Armstrong has played 15 games in the same amount of time for a Premiership-winning team which possesses an array of HBFs, and while his last few games for us were poor, he has also played some pretty good ones at times.

On LJ for Armstrong alone, we are ahead. As for Walsh, he was just beginning to show something when he did his hamstring. That quarter of footy was the best he'd played since coming to the Swans, and followed up some good form for the reserves in which things looked like they'd finally clicked. Provided he sticks around for the final year of his contract (couldn't blame him if he pulled out), he may yet make it as an AFL player, or at least provide some handy depth.
LJ has played one game for the crows and is set to play this weekend he is a 21 year old key forward so it does take time. He did hurt his knee this year and was out for 8 weeks

LJ has played one game for the crows and is set to play this weekend he is a 21 year old key forward so it does take time. He did hurt his knee this year and was out for 8 weeks

OK, he's played 1 to Armstrong's 15. And he's 22, not 21. Now, he may well end up having a decent career at the Crows, and good on him if he does. But to say that we're behind on the trade so far is ludicrous!

OK, he's played 1 to Armstrong's 15. And he's 22, not 21. Now, he may well end up having a decent career at the Crows, and good on him if he does. But to say that we're behind on the trade so far is ludicrous!
I've watched him lately and I think he will make it, starting to get some real size. Armsrtong is like a deer in the headlights every time he gets the ball.

I've watched him lately and I think he will make it, starting to get some real size. Armsrtong is like a deer in the headlights every time he gets the ball.

Armstrong was like a deer in headlights every time he got the ball in his last few games. Early on, his composure was actually quite impressive. Players go through good and bad patches of form, so he may bounce back yet. It's not looking good for him, sure, but it's not the end of the world.

Armstrong was like a deer in headlights every time he got the ball in his last few games. Early on, his composure was actually quite impressive. Players go through good and bad patches of form, so he may bounce back yet. It's not looking good for him, sure, but it's not the end of the world.
He's got another year to prove himself and I don't think LJ is going to be the next W Carey so I'm not overly fussed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back