Lewis Johnston Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

We rarely let go of players to see them blossom at another club. Johnston is a very accurate kick, but nothing else.

I would go as far to say that he potentially has the best kick for goal in the comp.

When Johnston came through the under 18's he looked like he could be anything unfortunately he doesn't seem to have the body for a KPF at AFL level.

Adelaides best option with him could be to really force him to gut run over the pre-season and try and mould him into a lead up HFF type role.

Kicked 1 goal against North. Thread goes quiet.

I love Big Footy.
Nobody bumped it after he kicked 6 goals today either, so maybe his performances don't influence the thread bump ratio.

Anyone who is happy (or upset) with Ted talking honestly can't be upset (or happy) with Jolly for what he said about Jesse White in his column a few weeks ago. Almost exactly the same comments and thankfully it looks like both players are turning their careers around.

How dare those mutha F**cker Crows steal one of our promising key position players, that really sucks balls, I'm Guna burn down that banjo playing hillbilly state of theirs, they have no god given right! We put years into his development, and now he's Guna come good! They can all go smoke a turd for all I care!
I hate this world, we are never going to recover, whoa is me

I thought it was the worst trade the Swans have done in 10 years when it was announced and I stick by that assessment.

It's even worse when you consider that we used the two draft picks we got for him on Tommy Walsh.

Still, I'd say getting only Meredith for Dempster and Schneider was a much worse deal (albeit somewhat forced on us by salary cap pressure).

Still, I'd say getting only Meredith for Dempster and Schneider was a much worse deal (albeit somewhat forced on us by salary cap pressure).
We traded Dempster and Schneider for pick 26 which isn't too bad. It was merely squandered by Beatson. If we'd drafted Jack Steven with that pick instead then everyone would be celebrating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Admittedly I have not watched the reserves play but from reports I have not seen anything to indicate Membrey will be able to step up to the AFL and kick 5 goals in a game.
There were also reports of 'weapons of massive destruction' but nothing has been proven!

Admittedly I have not watched the reserves play but from reports I have not seen anything to indicate Membrey will be able to step up to the AFL and kick 5 goals in a game.

True but johnston has had 5 years in the system to get to this point. Membrey needs that time too to be able to compare them. Im willing to bet that in 4 years time, membrey will have more games than johnston has at this point.

Id rather focus on the guys we have now.

We rarely let go of players to see them blossom at another club. Johnston is a very accurate kick, but nothing else.

Great post you can add White, Armstrong, Gordon, Vezpremi to this as well.

Lamb the jury is still out but i doubt he will be able to crack into that GWS side he totally picked the wrong club, would be a certain starter in any bottom 4 Victorian team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back