News Lewis Taylor charged over crime spree (and stealing a seatbelt buckle)

Remove this Banner Ad

At last years AGM Leppa and Lewy attended. I thought it was a strange selection. On reflection it may have been the club trying to give Lewy some perspective. I had a chat to him later after the AGM and found him to be respectful and a nice kid. He related well with the fans, and he really wanted to see the Lions succeed. I think the club knew at that stage. He has been a goose of the highest order and no doubt he will pay for his indiscretion. Might explain his 2nd year blues. He is on notice now and will not want to put a foot wrong.

CCTV evidence

1318964273_man_driving_wrecked_truck.gif

Sanctions a club can make...miss a game. Its preseason mate

CASTRATE HIM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GABBA

FIX OUR CULCHA

TEAR HIS ACL

THIS IS THE DARKEST DAY IN OUR CLUBS HISTORY

Silly thing to do. But FWIW I had a minor indiscretion a year or so back where I scraped & dented the bumper bar and one panel of a clapped out late 80's toyota hi-ace van. The price to repair from insurance came back at around 5k.

You are a monster.

Silly thing to do. But FWIW I had a minor indiscretion a year or so back where I scraped & dented the bumper bar and one panel of a clapped out late 80's toyota hi-ace van. The price to repair from insurance came back at around 5k.

Are you calling yourself half the football player Taylor is? Man that is a skill set you should be using ... at least AFL 9s?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

at least he wasn't on a mad ice bringe and bashed people. We all f$&ked up when we were young, I've done a lot worse in my life.

You live, learn and deal with the consequences of your actions

Amazing that an act of vandalism (stupid and disrespectful as it is) can stir these sort of reactions.

He will take his punishment through the legal system, I wouldn't expect him to do something this stupid again, and we can all get back to arguing over other artificial controversies.

Amazing that an act of vandalism (stupid and disrespectful as it is) can stir these sort of reactions.

He will take his punishment through the legal system, I wouldn't expect him to do something this stupid again, and we can all get back to arguing over other artificial controversies.

But...but...where will I direct my outrage? I'm outraged and there must be some vicious public atonement rather than calm, logical consequences applied sensibly. My outrage must be pandered to...because I am outraged and how will people know I am outraged unless I be outraged.

Did I mention I am outraged?

old man.jpg

The problem with all of this is that we ( the general public) put our stars ( whether sporting or otherwise) up on a very high pedestal and then wonder why they don't live up to our expectations.
Then we are very very fast to call for punishment when they fall from the level we've held them.
Who are any of us to say how he should pay for this indescetion? The relevant authorities will do that.
This will no doubt cost him financially as well as putting a significant dent in his credibility and I'm sure ( having some idea of his character) will be the larger cost for him to bare.
This is the aspect of all forms of social forums that I dislike where "we" from our positions of "right standing" are ever so fast to past sentence.
That stuff ( punishment) will take care of itself, he's a good kid ( young man) who I am very sure feels embarrassed and keen to make amends and move on.
I try hard to never judge another unless I can walk a while in their shoes!

It was in a wrecking yard. Smashed cars & stuff. There is a reasonable chance that the worst he thought he was doing was trespass.
It was childish, wrong and expensive. He will/has been dealt with,so let's not confuse/compare this with assault, major theft or arson. He broke some broken cars. They weren't his, and it cost the owner income. "Criminal", but get some perspective.

If it was a wrecking yard and supposedly done in Mortlake, as far as I am aware there are no wreckers in the town. There are in Camperdown and possibly Terang though. There is only Woolley Motors in Mortlake and that's not a wreckers yard.

Sorry to intrude on your fine board though, I love the kid, good player.

It's disappointing, and we shouldn't write it off as 'we all do silly things when we're young and drunk'. But it's not like he's going around bashing cabbies or cleaners either (he also didn't get away with it, unlike certain players who've done much worse things in recent times).

Does anyone remember the actual spelling for Culcha? I'm afraid I'm going to use it in an email to my boss and not even notice.

The problem with all of this is that we ( the general public) put our stars ( whether sporting or otherwise) up on a very high pedestal and then wonder why they don't live up to our expectations.
Then we are very very fast to call for punishment when they fall from the level we've held them.
Who are any of us to say how he should pay for this indescetion? The relevant authorities will do that.
This will no doubt cost him financially as well as putting a significant dent in his credibility and I'm sure ( having some idea of his character) will be the larger cost for him to bare.
This is the aspect of all forms of social forums that I dislike where "we" from our positions of "right standing" are ever so fast to past sentence.
That stuff ( punishment) will take care of itself, he's a good kid ( young man) who I am very sure feels embarrassed and keen to make amends and move on.
I try hard to never judge another unless I can walk a while in their shoes!
Bloody well said

If the cars that were damaged were Great Walls he should be exonerated, they are a blight on society. I'm Reardo and that's my 2 cents.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back