GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
If you could take either one of these players for your team, who would you take?

This is not a "Who should win the rising Star" poll. Not saying anyone didn't deserve it, just asking the simple question to all supporters: based on what your team needs & what both players have shown so far, who would you prefer your club to sign up.

Genuinely interested in the results.

Yeah it's quite easily Bontempelli. Would you have a Pendlebury or a Sam Mitchell? Both elite players, but Pendles is better than Mitchell. But the Hawks wouldn't trade Mitchell for Pendlebury. Both will be elite players and guns for their respective teams.

Of course you take the 193cm tall, skilled, athletic, composed, contested beast midfielder that can play anywhere instead of a guy who does most of those things but is 20cm shorter.

Aish could have been included as well - pure silk.

Bonti could be anything - his last effort against Melbourne is still the best goal I've seen kicked at AFL level, and it's easy to forget he kicked the one before it and took a big mark in defence.

Is that rule universal for you? If Bontempelli played for Brisbane and Taylor for WBD, I wonder if you would be sticking by that rule with such conviction o_O

last I looked Taylor plays for the lions , so I couldn't care a less

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course you take the 193cm tall, skilled, athletic, composed, contested beast midfielder that can play anywhere instead of a guy who does most of those things but is 20cm shorter.
Taylor looks like he will be an absolute heart and soul players for us. Seems like a great kid who is loving his time up at Brissie.

But if I had to pick between the two of them of course Bonts. Looks like he will be a better player over his career with his height and attributes. But Bonts cost pick 4? Taylor was pick 28.

Taylor had a slightly better year (mostly due to playing more) but Bonts will probably be a better player. Don't see why you need a poll to understand this

lol

I love how the Doggies supporters keep professing that they don't care...and then make a poll like this one.

Doggies supporters did not start this poll - one Doggies supporter did. Where did the plural come from? Not sure how GrandBlue starting a poll speaks for all Western Bulldogs supporters.

I think the fact one vote splits them in the rising star speaks volumes as to who will be better. Taylor more of a sure bet to be come an A grade talent IMO. Bonts reminds me of Brennan, which is good and bad. Ironically Brennan was pick 3, so will be interesting to use him as comparison career wise.

Both quality players, Bonts is still the riskier of the two at this point in time.

I think the fact one vote splits them in the rising star speaks volumes as to who will be better. Taylor more of a sure bet to be come an A grade talent IMO. Bonts reminds me of Brennan, which is good and bad. Ironically Brennan was pick 3, so will be interesting to use him as comparison career wise.

Both quality players, Bonts is still the riskier of the two at this point in time.
WTF? Bontempelli is guaranteed to be an A Grader Taylor certainly isn't. I see a lot of David Rodan in Taylor.

WTF? Bontempelli is guaranteed to be an A Grader Taylor certainly isn't. I see a lot of David Rodan in Taylor.
Guarantee... strong words. Bontempelli reminds me of Brennan hence me saying Taylor. It's ok to disagree you know.

Bontempelli is a good chance at being a grade, but a lot more has to go right for him than Taylor development wise. Both great first year players though.

I think the whole consistency/potential to be an A-grader argument is weak.

Bontempelli's churned out stats the equivalent of most highly rated first year players, for the most part he stays in games, and when he's switched on, his impact is just ridiculous. Take into account the fact that he's held down full forward and centre half back for periods of time, too.

He's not some speculative prototype player, he's already got runs on the board and that's not even considering his X factor. There's no 'risk' to him, he's simply going to be a very, very good versatile player, who will do some freakish things as a bonus.

That said, the poll probably should be closer. Taylor's output in his first year for a kid of 173cm was ridiculous, and every time he opens his mouth I'm confident he'll be a leader for Brisbane for a long time to come. Outstanding selection for the Lions, they'll look back on the 2013 draft as a big turning point for the club.

Taylor. I like him a lot.

Did anyone see Taylor on 360? I think you can add future leader to the list too. Both are incredibly well spoken. I'm happy for this to be another lions/dogs fap thread congratulating each other on our players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back