Traded Lewis Taylor (2013-2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bww145xCIAI5dPg.jpg

Met some folk from Mortlake today - said the town went off when Lewie won the Star. Very popular kid down there, all his life. The bloke had a Lions polo on, that is why we got talking. Said there is a lot of latent Lions support in the district, & now they are coming out of the woodwork due to Lewey. WHen I said I reckon he will be a 1 club player, he said they had no doubts on that - he is straight as an arrow, & loyal as. We have a ripper here.

Met some folk from Mortlake today - said the town went off when Lewie won the Star. Very popular kid down there, all his life. The bloke had a Lions polo on, that is why we got talking. Said there is a lot of latent Lions support in the district, & now they are coming out of the woodwork due to Lewey. WHen I said I reckon he will be a 1 club player, he said they had no doubts on that - he is straight as an arrow, & loyal as. We have a ripper here.
Underrated location

Koto it won the toss kicked with the wind and got a lead that the Blues were unable to pull back. Massive upset.
Koroit also have Adam Dowie, who is an excellent coach. He would have enjoyed beating his old club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who needs a big pre-season at your AFL club?

Lewis Taylor
Was one of the feel-good stories of 2014 when the former farmhand claimed the Rising Star award. He averaged nearly 17 disposals a game and kicked 12 goals. He was also named the Lions' rookie of the year. However, the challenge now is to not only replicate that form but to develop, not an easy thing with rival clubs set to target him more in a bid to prompt a case of the "second-year blues".

THE FEEL-GOOD FOOTY STORIES OF 2014

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-review-despite-all-the-injuries-and-controversies-there-was-plenty-of-good-news/story-fni5f22o-1227171870569

LEWIS TAYLOR WINS THE RISING STAR
The stats suggested Lewis Taylor should have been a top-10 draft pick but there was one number recruiters didn’t like - his height. All 18 clubs baulked at the 173cm pocket rocket at least once before Brisbane called his name at pick 28. A nasty foot injury kept him out of the NAB Cup but the Lions were impressed by his mental toughness and handed him a Round 1 debut. That toughness had been obvious to watchers of his junior career after he left school and worked on a farm near Terang, travelling two hours to train with the Geelong Falcons. He went on to play 22 games and pip favourite Marcus Bontempelli for the award.

This guy was THE highlight yesterday. Took the game on, was chasing like a mad man and slotted two goals. Impressed with some of his ball use as well.

clapping_animation.gif

What an amazing talent. There was one particular passage of play where he chased down the ball near the boundary line, somehow it remained in play but he was relentless in his pursuit and regained possession. I said to my sons at some stage during the game that this kid will win the Brownlow- but I said that about Gary Pert too many years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back