Traded Lewis Taylor (2013-2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

They way he works around the ground, pops uo for one two hand balls and the like, I think he mighy form a real good relationship with Rocky. Two thinks I like about his game is that he looks to play on quickly and move the ball, and he racks up the numbers. Outside of Rocky we dont have a mid that can rack up huge amiunt of ball, average over 30 touches. I think Taylor can do that in a few years when he runs through the middle. Even starting at HF and getting up the ground to get involved, I think he will find the pill.

Ray Button

All Australian
Oct 15, 2007
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
They way he works around the ground, pops uo for one two hand balls and the like, I think he mighy form a real good relationship with Rocky. Two thinks I like about his game is that he looks to play on quickly and move the ball, and he racks up the numbers. Outside of Rocky we dont have a mid that can rack up huge amiunt of ball, average over 30 touches. I think Taylor can do that in a few years when he runs through the middle. Even starting at HF and getting up the ground to get involved, I think he will find the pill.

I think he'll do well too, but I also think he'll need to temper his quick play-ons - the highlight vids I looked at showed he tended both to play on and go the quick one-two play without summing up the situation and knowing where the ball was going next. At junior level he could get away with it; at AFL level he'll be hammered.

Think our game plan will suit his style of play though. Shorter kicks, but still fast ball movement. Once the team has it down pat, and he knows where the next kick needs to go, he will be the type to excellet under Leppa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was impressed with his speed.If he can start to find the right angles he is going to be a lot of fun to watch.

If they are all right-angles it might get a bit predictable... Maybe he can throw in some acute and obtuse angles too... :p

I'm just hoping that Lewy doesn't try angles that are too cute...we don't want 180 degree turnarounds.

I'm pretty confident that Trav either expended in his time here, or took with him the too cute angles when he left Brisbane

Swanny10

Crasher of Packs
Sep 14, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
GSW (NBA), Maroons, QLD Bulls
Loved his composure and clean hands in his second game. Pace is one thing but if you don't have these then it's almost a waste of time (see Banfield)

Inside Football player rating Rnd 1 Hawthorn Vs Brisbane Lions,

Sub. On for close and only had a handful of touches. 1/10 - Brett Anderson - Inside Football March 27, 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back