Traded Lewis Taylor (2013-2019)

Loved the spoil on Goldstein in their f50 in the last quarter. Still making me chuckle visualising it considering how sure I was that there was no contest.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Really love Lewy. He'll improve so much as well with a couple of pre-seasons to boost his fitness.

Loved the spoil on Goldstein in their f50 in the last quarter. Still making me chuckle visualising it considering how sure I was that there was no contest.

Based on my calculations I've concluded that he defied the laws of physics to affect that spoil. Love him

If anyone's wondering you can still get a tasty $34 for Taylor to win the Rising Star

Hard to believe isn't it? I had a look the other night and Bontempelli had gone into equal favouritism.

I'm starting to think the rising star market is a bit like the JJJ hottest 100 market. It's not about how good the song is, it's about how much hype it gets.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Terry Wallace on SEN today talking about the Rising Star, stated that Lewis Taylor is "his boy'...and if he was down here, we would be talking about him a lot more....thinks he and Aish are going to be stars.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Actually Terry asked for any Brisbane supporters to ring in as they would know more about him....someone did..a person called TIM.

..wondered if it was our Tim from BF.

May 20, 2006
In the Clique.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Terry Wallace on SEN today talking about the Rising Star, stated that Lewis Taylor is "his boy'...and if he was down here, we would be talking about him a lot more....thinks he and Aish are going to be stars.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots
Hard to believe isn't it? I had a look the other night and Bontempelli had gone into equal favouritism.

I'm starting to think the rising star market is a bit like the JJJ hottest 100 market. It's not about how good the song is, it's about how much hype it gets.
Aish's odds appear on the money but, at this point in the season at least, I think all Lions' fans would comfortably say Taylor would win the club's best first year player. The $25 difference between the two is puzzling. Not even being a Mozzie or an Amigo has lifted his status!

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Amazing that when Dermie asked the panel on League Teams what the ceiling on Lewis Taylor's ability was, David Parkin said that he had already reached it.o_O:rolleyes:

Are you kidding. Some of these media types really do know no bounds. What a freakin ridiculous statement, certainly would have expected a lot more from Parkin of all people.

I think all Lions' fans would comfortably say Taylor would win the club's best first year player.

I wouldn't. I freaking love watching Lewy play but Aish is playing predominantly in the guts compared to Lewy up HFF and is only 2 goals behind him for the year. Aish also looks pretty damn slick going up against the bigger bodies in the midfield too.

Amazing that when Dermie asked the panel on League Teams what the ceiling on Lewis Taylor's ability was, David Parkin said that he had already reached it.o_O:rolleyes:

Are you kidding. Some of these media types really do know no bounds. What a freakin ridiculous statement, certainly would have expected a lot more from Parkin of all people.

Dernmie wouldnt know a ceiling if he grew 6 foot and hit it.

I'm guessing Parkin either doesn't know what a ceiling is or doesn't know who Lewis Taylor is.

Baffling how anyone could make that assessment on any player before they've even finished their first season.

So, so happy with how Taylor is going - I remember really liking him as a prospect and hoping he'd somehow slide to us. I'll have to put $10 down at $34 for the rising star too, I legitimately think he's a good shot.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
I'm guessing Parkin either doesn't know what a ceiling is or doesn't know who Lewis Taylor is.

Baffling how anyone could make that assessment on any player before they've even finished their first season.

Parkin's idiotic comment reminded of those now infamous asinine comments of Andrew Hamilton regarding Rockliff a couple of years back, just so naive.

Eons

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool
Being a Victorian, most of the people here are very ignorant about interstate sides/players UNLESS they are doing really well. What I don't understand is when media personalities make ignorant comments. It's YOUR job to know what's happening in the league so you can make informed comments about sides/players. Never ceases to amaze me how off the mark so many of them are.

jjami15

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Great article. Loved his frank assessment of his game and just shows you what we've got here with him.

Last of the Roys

Premiership Player
Sep 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
I am loving the way Taylor plays his footy more and more as each round goes by. He is just super competitive / always puts him. Already I have seen him a few times not shirk a marking contest against much taller opponents when it was his turn to go.

The obvious things he need to work on at the moment are his strength (his tackles get brushed aside too easily) and perhaps his kicking.

Anyway, he looks like a fantastic long term prospect for the Lions - another from country Victoria (and his dad was a former Fitzroy supporter) - he could quickly become my new favourite player.

Panthera

Premiership Player
Feb 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I am loving the way Taylor plays his footy more and more as each round goes by. He is just super competitive / always puts him. Already I have seen him a few times not shirk a marking contest against much taller opponents when it was his turn to go.

The obvious things he need to work on at the moment are his strength (his tackles get brushed aside too easily) and perhaps his kicking.

Anyway, he looks like a fantastic long term prospect for the Lions - another from country Victoria (and his dad was a former Fitzroy supporter) - he could quickly become my new favourite player.

I have no idea why, but every time I see/hear his name I hear Craig Willis on Grand Final day declaring:

Number 28 *slight pause*.....Lewwwisss Tayyylorr

Hope I'm correct :)

Back