LFFL 2015/16 Draft thread discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Have probably gone a bit too midfield heavy this year, but with a few high risk/high reward mids, wanted to have a few backups.

With between 4-5 picks left for every team, it will be interesting to see the tactics teams have chosen to go with. Having two high scoring forwards as carryovers helped me.

Have probably gone a bit too midfield heavy this year, but with a few high risk/high reward mids, wanted to have a few backups.

With between 4-5 picks left for every team, it will be interesting to see the tactics teams have chosen to go with. Having two high scoring forwards as carryovers helped me.
Yeah just got to have a balance. They are all gone now but having players that score well as both tacklers and clearance players helps imo

Another somewhat left field selection in McGlynn but he was an All-LFFL tackler in 2014 and high draft pick last season so hopefully he can stay injury free and regain that elite form.

Really like this pick, well done
Cheers mate.

I have a bit of romance with him in LFFL terms because the year he was All-LFFL I took him with my last pick. Which was pick 225 IIRC, and we all love a fairytale story.

Another somewhat left field selection in McGlynn but he was an All-LFFL tackler in 2014 and high draft pick last season so hopefully he can stay injury free and regain that elite form.

So spewing. Didn't think he would be looked upon considering his poor stats from last year, was saving him for next round. Back to the drawing board

I felt a disturbance in the force ahead of my pick in regards to backup ruckman. amos did not sense the same disturbance and paid the ultimate price. Everyone is now following my lead so they too do not suffer the same fate as amos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I felt a disturbance in the force ahead of my pick in regards to backup ruckman. amos did not sense the same disturbance and paid the ultimate price. Everyone is now following my lead so they too do not suffer the same fate as amos.
Typical Pie trying to take all the fashionable trend credit again. I did take Bellchambers first after all! ;)

Typical Pie trying to take all the fashionable trend credit again. I did take Bellchambers first after all! ;)
You either did not feel the disturbance in the force or neglected to tell anyone else though ;)

I was going to go through this draft abiding by the unwritten rule of allowing coaches to monopolise an AFL team's ruck. The breaking of this protocol will now be known as LFFL's "Un Gentlemen agreement".

Pretty happy with my squad

Backman Heppell 33.7
Backman Smith 36.2
CC (OM) Swan 42.15
OM Mitchell 46.65
IM Wines 36
Forward Walker 39.5
Forward Bruce 30.35
Ruck Grundy 31.3
Tackler Swallow 37.5
utility Redden 81.4

Simpson and Mackie both averaged higher than Heppell as a back so either could run through there.

Pavlich and Betts are more than capable replacements if Bruce struggles.

Kreuzer and Witts there as back up for Grundy, really hoping that Witts and Grundy don't play in the same side, and that Kreuzer has a full season on the park.

Hill, Wells and Edwards are all reasonable midfield back-ups, but hopefully if someone from the first ten is out I can just shuffle them around and bring in a forward as CC.

Jamie Cripps from West Coast averages 28 as a Tackler. More than capable.

Pretty happy with mine too, obviously one more guy to go.

Draconian Knights
Back:
Heath Shaw 36.7
Back: Luke Hodge 39.1
Coaches choice: Stephen Coniglio 35.0 (Outsidemids)
Forward: Tom Lynch 32.2
Forward: Jack Darling 27.7
Inside Mid: Dion Prestia 44.6 (C)
Outside Mid: Jack Steven 40.0 (VC)
Ruck: Ivan Maric 31.2
Tackler: Liam Picken 32.1
Utility: Patrick Dangerfield 90.4

Depth
Back: Tom Bell 30.0, Brad Hill 27.6, Allen Christensen 28.5
Forward: Shaun Higgins 29.2, Christensen 24.1
Inside Mid: Matt Crouch 24.8, Guthrie 25.5
Outside Mid: Steven Motlop 29.6, Bell 28.1, Hill 27.8
Ruck: Callum Sinclair 26.8
Tackler: Cam Guthrie 26.2, Bell 19.8

Crouch and Sinclair will both improve, Crouch with more experience, Sinclair as first ruck for Sydney, and both may end up starting at some point in some capacity. Picken, Coniglio and Guthrie are all versatile and in form will be hard to keep out of the side.

Honestly, looking back at my drafting last year, I had NFI what I was doing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back