LFFL 2015/16 Draft thread discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously can't believe Sam Gray didn't slide another few rounds. Thought I was a monty to nab him in a couple of rounds. His last six weeks were awesome!

Did anyone else have him on their radar?

Didn't even think of him if it makes you feel any better.
Yeah agree with Deddy. Wasn't that inspired by him. Great last month but likely he loses points due to Wines anyway and even if he didn't there's still others around the same scoring potential. Was a better OM than IM last year too.

Usually the last 5-6 rounds are opinion based anyway with more hope than fact but I think you dodged a bullet WAG.
Yeah maybe - but he could be the difference at the end of the season too. Speaking with some filth mates of mine, they really reckoned he turned the corner.

His last 3 games:
Backman: 44, 43, 40
Outside Mid: 49.5, 52.5, 46.5
Inside Mid: 36, 58.5, 28.5

They're elite scores in any language.

Yeah maybe - but he could be the difference at the end of the season too. Speaking with some filth mates of mine, they really reckoned he turned the corner.

His last 3 games:
Backman: 44, 43, 40
Outside Mid: 49.5, 52.5, 46.5
Inside Mid: 36, 58.5, 28.5

They're elite scores in any language.
No doubt he was elite. But unfortunately for him, Wines isn't as versatile so Gray goes to a flank while Wines fills the void. He still might be a good back but don't reckon he'll be a high scoring mid.

Very happy with Duckwood 2.0. Tackler is our obvious weakness and we reckon Scooter is a chance to do a Sam Gray stats-wise this season as he rekindles some numbers of yesteryear when he was considered one of the elite utilities in the comp, and carried. We'll ease him into the game sr20 style and have him cherry ripe for the 2nd half of the season.

Very happy with Duckwood 2.0. Tackler is our obvious weakness and we reckon Scooter is a chance to do a Sam Gray stats-wise this season as he rekindles some numbers of yesteryear when he was considered one of the elite utilities in the comp, and carried. We'll ease him into the game sr20 style and have him cherry ripe for the 2nd half of the season.
Decent pick....was looking at him for next round with a couple of others

He burnt me last year. He would not have even got a look in on my list for the last spot.

He burnt me last year. He would not have even got a look in on my list for the last spot.
I'll tackle him against you guys to make you feel justified, Danoz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think tackling him is going to help you win the match? Just saying
Oh come on, Deddy. Such a stickler for taking romance out of the game. For interests sake, we play the Knights in AFL round 18. Prior to last season, Selwood's round 18 games in the previous three seasons have been 11 tackles, 8 tackles and 8 tackles.

Oh come on, Deddy. Such a stickler for taking romance out of the game. For interests sake, we play the Knights in AFL round 18. Prior to last season, Selwood's round 18 games in the previous three seasons have been 11 tackles, 8 tackles and 8 tackles.
You said you were going to tackle him, if anything that is going to hinder you not help you. He should be the one tackling :p

I just got a tweet from Skippos who will be dropping out. I guess we need to decide whether to ask if anyone else wants to take up his (nearly empty) team, such as that sincmagic guy, or whether to drop the team until next year. If someone takes the team, they're 8 picks short and will be noncompetitive this year.

To be transparent, I let Pie 4 Life know in a PM, with the first post being 2 minutes after his Howlett pick. Can provide a screenshot if anyone is that anal.

What do you guys want to do?
1. Invite sincmagic to choose whether to play with the team
2. Drop the team and exclude the players from the draft
3. Drop the team and include the players in the draft

I vote for 1, then if he chooses not to take the team, I vote for 2.

It's nice how people are ignoring this conversation and just picking anyway. We should probably halt the draft at the end of a round for equity, right?
Perhaps for equalisation he could take 10 players instead of eight and remove his last two rounds? He's already effectively eight rounds behind.
I'm ok with this.

I think if he wants to have a crack let him take all his picks in a row, he'll be very disadvantaged as it is so

Remove this Banner Ad

Back