14. Classy Gentlemen (Gentlemen) 235*

*No Utility

Changes from RND 2 to RND 3:

TRFC +1
South-Eastern Polar Bears -1
Mozzie Bites move into 6th after utility
Woodville move into 13th after utility

Teams to beat at this stage IMO:

We're seeing a gap between the top six teams again beginning to form however the likes of American Rednecks and City Oval Plovers could close the gap and join that top group. The Repeaters have the best statistical midfield followed by City Oval Plovers and Classy Gentlemen. Animals run wild have the ruck covered while the Mozzie Bites, Ladyboys and Cheetahs are again strong across the forward line. South-Eastern Polar Bears are the quiet sleeper who with good drafting will be up there again.

My three biggest question mark decisions over the off-season:

1. Woodville carrying over four players

With only one player ranked inside the top 50 in any one position (Wells #39 at OM), it's hard to fathom how BB decided to carry over four players. If I had of been in charge I would have been pressing to just wipe the slate clean and carry nobody over. Obviously rules say you have to pick three, and that's what I would have done. Very likely all those players would have been available in the third round at the very least if not later. Hopefully BB can nail his drafting because he needs to work some magic to be competitive.

2. peterss carrying over Andrew Gaff

Not sure whether this is one of those lolbias calls or he thinks others rate him. Statistically he struggles to match up and his best position is back with an average of 26. This puts him in the "poor" statistical category and ranked 170th overall in that category or 295th across all the statistics. The decision was made more puzzling when the likes of Dean Cox was left out from the carry over spots. Hopefully peterss can pick up a gun with his pre-first round pick otherwise he might be the one team that BB rubs his hands together when he plays them.

3. amos intimidating the youngsters again

This isn't really a talking point because he regularly does it, but there weren't too many other big question marks over carry over players. Coming from the guy who selected Luke Shuey with his first round pick, he's quick to tell others who to draft. My only advice to new coaches is not to get sucked in - Aaron Mullett is not first round material. However he would be the second best player on Woodville's list.... No I'm not joking...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is now you got Judd :p Before that you didn't really have much inside mid presence apart from him.
:). You noticed that, did ya. The plan was always to get an inside mid before the emergencies started to filter through. I can't waste Libba's tackles for another season.

:). You noticed that, did ya. The plan was always to get an inside mid before the emergencies started to filter through. I can't waste Libba's tackles for another season.
Hopefully both Judd and Sandy spend more time on the field than hospital haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back